Chapter 84 – Food and fun
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                 That evening they all decided to continue their celebration in the ‘game world’ entertainment center which was located at the center of the city.  

“Bring the glasses” roared Thompson and raised the champagne in his hand in the air.

“Get off from the table. That’s where we’ll eat” whined Gabi.

“You can clean it then eat here. But right now, this is stage where Thompson Watson shall reign upon”

Mikhail looked innocently at their quarrels then shifted his eyes towards his new guest.

“So, care to introduce yourself, miss? We owe you a big time”

Serena smiled.

“The name is Serena. And about the owing part. Nah, I already beat up Bold over there and stole the earth gem from him. That’s why we didn’t have it when Sergei asked for it. You don’t need any gifts for me”.

“Ahhh. Umm, whaaaat?” moaned Mkihail.

“Where are Diego and Bold?” asked Emma concernedly.

“Oh, bro and Bold went to the arcades” said Gabi.

“Jeez, couldn’t they wait until we ate” grumbled Emma.

But her moodiness was interrupted when Thompson gave her a glass of drink.

“Friends, we have defeated foes of injustice and saved our comrades from danger. Death might stare at us from the shadows of every corner but this incident is nothing but proof that we can spit in its eye everytime it aims to end us. So, do not suppress those nerves. We will dance and sing until our very being bathes in glory. For the life of our clan!”.

“For the life of our clan” repeated everyone dully and drank.    

When Thompson jumped off of the table, Emma reluctantly cleaned it and allowed the bartender to serve their foods and drinks. While they ate and gossiped Mikhail occasionally observed the gaming section to see whether Bold or Diego would arrive. But that doesn’t seem to be happening soon.

“I’ll go and check up on them” said Mikhail as he left the table and went towards the gaming section.
Strolling through the rows of arcades he easily found where they were.

“You sure you wanna keep playing?” asked Diego.

“Hell yeah. If we win the boss we’ll get a price remember? And besides, I am so in love with this game, I can’t help it man. The movesets, the slick feeling of the controller. It’s so damn good and the bot is pretty unpredictable too” yelled Bold and soon started vigorously tapping the buttons.

Seeing that Mikhail had arrived, Diego opened his mouth but Mikhail sushed him by bringing his index finger at his lips. He slowly walked towards Bold from behind and suddenly started punching him from behind.

“ORO ORA ORA ORA ORA”

“WRYYYYYYY” shouted Bold as he leaned against the arcade screen helplessly.

0