Chapter 85- King of fighting games
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bold looked around to see Mikhail giving him a sly smile and turned his attention back to his game.

“Eat your meal first, man”

“I’m on a diet. Plus, I’m in the middle of a boss fight”

Mikhail observed him silently. The movement of his hands and how he is almost glued to his screen. Mikhail had to admit, he didn’t see him so wrapped up in something besides the ‘The snap gust’ training. And even then, he was much more paranoid than enjoying the moment. 

“Wow, you’re pretty good”

“Hell yeah. I am the master”

“I guess being a NEET for all those years are worth something” said Diego playfully.

But hearing those words his eyelids lowered and within seconds and he ended up losing despite him and the boss having the same amount of health a moment ago.

“I…I think I’m getting a little too into this, huh?” said Bold

He exited the fight and returned to the main menu and got up to his feet.

“Hey, what are you doing? Sit down” said Mikhail. 

“Huh?”

“I like to play this game too you know”.

“Really?” asked Bold curiously. 

“Yeah, just sit down. There is a versus mode in here right?”

“Sure, there is. Sit on that arcade. Both of them are linked”.

“Alright”

After a brief training Mikhail had in the practice mode, they both connected and started to play. Mikhail chose the character that obviously looked like some sort of an emo edgelord while Bold chose the Bruce Lee knock off. Now that this was a match against two individuals, Diego pulled his seat close to the two arcades and witnessed the fight.

As soon as the fight started Bold vigorously attacked with fast jabs and low kicks. Mikhail however knew how to block well.

“Hey, you really do know how to play” said Bold.

“Isn’t it a bit condescending to say that? Time to show you what I’m made of…umm, Bold?”

“Yeah?”

“How do I grab?”

“Oh, you didn’t figure that out by now?”.

“Just tell me”

“Press X O together or triangle square together”

After blocking Bold’s flip kick Mikhail grabbed his character and kicked it to the ground.

“Hah. It’s really a blessing that you don’t have to know combinations to actually grab someone in real life”

“But we do need combinations to use spells. I guess that’s the special conditions of the game we’re living in” said Bold with a bitter tone.

Bold took distance from Mikhail and when he tried to follow him, he charged up his one inch punch and slammed it on his chest. The impact threw Mikhail to the other side of the screen immediately.    

 “Bull’s eye”

“Good move. You didn’t seem to be eager for battle”.

“What are you saying? I am the king of games. I always eager for a challenge”

“So when it comes to videogame battles, you are that eager huh?”.

“Warriors talk with fists not words. Come, Mikhail!”

Mikhail ran at him, jumped into the air and upon landing moved his leg round and round close to the ground like a helicopter. But Bold sat down and blocked all of his attacks and when Mikhail got up he kicked him in the leg.

He tried to sit down to block Bold’s attacks that came low. But Bold already predicted this. He got up and started jabbing and made him the target of a long string of punches and kicks. The last punch threw Mikhail to the air and when he fell down Bold finished the fight with a devastating back flip kick.

“Good game” said Mikhail.

But Bold did not want to celebrate his victory just meekly. He jumped up and cracked his knuckles. 

0