Chapter 94 – Lust for vengeance
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The compass was directing them towards west. 40 or so kilometres away.

“Heh. So, it’s that bastard. Finally, there is some justice in this world” said Thompson with a devilish grin.

“What? Who is this Pak guy?” asked Gabi.

“I would like to know too” said Serena with a raised eyebrow. 

“Bold, me and my sister encountered him in the dungeon. And he took the life of my sister then and there” reported Emma in a grim tone and cold eyes. 

Gabi’s eyes saddened but Serena’s eyes narrowed.

“How tough was this guy?” asked Serena.

“He had the ability to summon two enormous tails from his back. One with knives on its sides that cut through my flesh like it was cotton. And the other, a scorpion tail. Its sting paralyzes a person, only their mouth can move. And he blocked Emma’s heavenly sphere and made it impossible to fight him in close range. I, I suck, you know that. The two of us were no match for him. But I don’t know what would have happened if Mei wasn’t paralyzed before the fight” reported Bold and crossed his arms.

“W-why did he kill her?” asked Gabi

“He’s a maniac. That’s the only thing I understood from the gibberish he was saying. Trying to make me or her part of his god’s collection or whatever. It’s disgusting” yelled Emma.    

Serena laughed the tension off of the air and asked:

“What’s with the long face?”

Everyone looked at her and that made her say her next line with even more boldness.

“With me by your side you can easily kill that punk, no problem”.

Seeing the fire in Serena’s face Emma afforded a creepy smile. But Mikhail seemed to be deeply contemplative of the situation.

“I don’t know about that. Something tells me that it’s not a great idea” mumbled Mikhail.

“Oh don’t be a pussy, it’ll be a breeze. 4000 gold with a cherry of vengeance on top ain’t an offering you get every day” said Serena with a grin. 

“I-is it okay to just kill someone…cause of revenge?” asked Mikhail. 

Emma stared at the floor upon hearing his words but Thompson slammed the table with his fist.

“Are you stupid? He murdered one of our friends. He made all of your friends suffer. Are you trying to side with that bastard over the people important to you?!”    

“He is a maniac, remember? Do you seriously think that his insane friends will become sad if we finish off his shitty life? If he really is as crazy as Bold said he was, then we are doing the world a favor” added Serena with a fiery grin. 

Mikhail did not protest this time.

“So, it’s a deal right? We’re gonna go after him?” said Emma with bloodthirsty eyes.

The bit of grin that formed on her face gave Bold chills down his spine. The simple suggestion of revenge seemed to have lighten up something sinister within her. It was a look that Bold wished to rarely see.

“So, when are we going to go after him?” asked Amanda.

“I would say it’s better if it’s now. The longer we wait the chances of him coming up with defense measures will increase” said Serena swiftly.

“But, I am wondering. Other people got similar mission messages, right?” asked Mikhail.

“Yeah, that’s right” said Diego. 

“Wouldn’t that mean there is gonna be some serious chaos and havoc out there?” said Mikhail.

“Probably” said Serena.

“Then, isn’t it kind of a bad idea to go out and do something that risky?” suggested Mikhail. 

“Man, you’re scaredy cat aren’t you? How do you think you’re going to get strong with that kind of attitude? No wonder you people got kidnapped all the time” said Serena with condemnation.

Mikhail frowned but did not utter any word. Seeing how everyone got quiet, Thompson raised his voice:     

“Alright, then we should-”

But a knock on the door disturbed his sentence.

“Who could that be?” inquired Gabi almost for herself.

Bold walked towards the door but Serena grabbed his wrist. He could feel her claw crushing his meat and bone.

0