Chapter 102- Powerlessness
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rasputtin made a run for it but a strange force stopped him. It was Mikhail’s paralyzing snake.

“It’s over” said Mikhail coldly. 

“Naturalistic beastman”

With the voice command he turned into the four legged beast but he jumped out of the beast’s body again which saved him from the snake’s paralysis. After the spear on the ground teleported to his hand he ran as fast as he could, aiming to get back at the sewer hole again.

Mikhail ran up to Bold and pulled him to his feet.
  
“Come on, Bold. Summon your horse”.

“Right” said Bold while scratching his head in pain. 

They gave chase after him on his horse while trotting through the dark alleys they had once went through in search of the trickster.

“Damn, he’s good. Where did he get all these spells” exclaimed Bold.

“Maybe the assassination mission. The only thing that stopped him going full bastard was the law any-”

A spear plunged into Bold’s body with such force that it threw him off of the horse and into the boiling hot water.

“Damn you” yelled Mikhail as he spotted Rasputtin hiding in the shadow, sitting silently with his back leaned against the wall. Mikhail jumped off of the horse and axe kicked him from the air. But his attack was blocked successfully by Rasputtin’s muscular arms. Upon landing on the ground Mikhail threw a volley of kicks at him. But all of them were effortlessly blocked.

Raging, Mikhail lunged and attempted a punch to his face but Rasputtin grabbed hold of his wrist instead. With no other options Mikhail slammed his forehead at his chest. Which was an ineffective move since Rasputtin’s chest was so buff. Running out of patience Rasputtin grabbed hold of Mikhail’s throat with his free hand and slammed him against the wall. Staring at his father with disgust and distain Mikhail attempted free himself with his free hand but his strength proved futile.

“Mikhail!” cried Bold.

He tried typing on his wristboard but the numbers, they were not registering. Realizing that it might have been the spear’s effect he tried to pull it out but to no avail. And the spear itself seemed to have immobilized his movements.  

“You’ve become a strong fighter Mikhail, I’ll give you that. But you’re still lagging behind your pops”.

Mikhail’s irises were now going back to his sockets, he couldn’t breath, he couldn’t yell. Seeing his suffocated suffering expression Rasputtin sighed and threw him to the ground. Mikhail crawled on the floor and gasped for air.

“I just need the manal figure, Mikhail. The reason I have all these spells. It’s cause I loaned all the gold from the bank. My own life is on the line now. So, don’t be such a miser, okay?”.

He gave his son one last regretful look and ran into the darkness. Bold still struggled with the spear in his stomach. He yelled and cried, calling for the power to remove the object from his torso and after almost half a minute of weird noises the spear disappeared on its own and Bold got his body up despite the burns made by the hot water.

He treaded through the hot water with all his might and landed on the pavement, almost passing out from the relief from pain. After he got to his senses he looked curiously at Mikhail who was lying on the ground with all his strength washed out of him.

“Y-you okay?” asked Bold with concern.

0