Chapter 2 – Blood Domain
3.7k 12 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the hurricane that assaulted the island of Verak passed without incident, the natives prayed and gave thanks to their ancestors for their protection. The feeling of doom that assaulted the islanders mysteriously disappeared just as quickly as it came. And most of the damage of the storm was minor compared to previous ones.

The island shaman lost a lot of influence after promising that the storm would bring more death than ever seen before. The many villagers felt he was a sham. They all sat in their wooden huts clutching their loved ones prepared for death, but the night passed without incident.

The only thing that stood out about the night was a strange scream that shook the ground. But most of the islanders had come to the consensus the shaman did it as he was the only mage on the island.

"Urghhh" gurgled Lucy as she angrily threw a rose gold bracelet across the room and attempted to make herself vomit once again.

Tears streaked down the rosy cheeks of the beautiful vampiress as she stuck her finger down her throat again. Her beautiful gown and expensive jewels were nowhere to be found, probably long disposed of in her rage.  But her now exposed sickly alabaster skin and slightly emaciated voluptuous figure only served to upset her further.

"Why" sobbed Lucy "Why me? Why this? Out of all the creatures of this world why must I be born as this scourge of the earth? To be forced to live on rats just to survive. I'm no Queen I'm a monst-"

Lucy stared into space as a memory reel began to play in her mind. Rivers of blood, her figure upon a throne amongst many loyal subjects. Lucy gasped as her surrounding began to transform before her eyes.

"T-This place was a grand castle! Bigger than Bailor tower… and Rosalire Castle in Morgana even!" mumbled Lucy as she looked around the hall, "This was- is my domain!"

'I swore if I had another chance, I'd become the Queen my country deserved. My country may be gone, but this is my chance! I mean I might not be human anymore but that was a bore anyways. At least in this world there’s magic as well! Anything is once again possible!' Lucy thought in jubilation.

As if responding to her thoughts the memory reel showed her miraculous feats she accomplished with magic. Making the skies rain fire, resurrecting the dead, flying, etc.

Lucy's smile grew and grew as she thought of the future before it faltered completely.

W-What I gave up my magic in order to perform this spell!” exclaimed Lucy as she saw the final events of Amara Nyx's life.

'T-three thousand years ago! She was betrayed by a human man she thought was her friend. He came here in a jealous rage with her enemies to destroy her.' Lucy turned her attention to a mound of ashes near the coffin. 'And the man that truly loved her, a powerful mage named Warwick, gave up his everything to complete the forbidden spell that brought me here...'

Bloody tears filled Lucy's eyes as she released a shuddering sob. Shortly after, the memory reel stopped, and Lucy wiped her face.

"Amara, I know you can't hear me, but I shall carry on your life for you and Warwick. Vampire or not you were a mighty Queen"  Lucy said with a fiery expression upon her face, “As long as I do not have to feed on rodents ever again, I think I'm ready to accept my role as the new Queen of Vampires”

Lucy stood up with a resolute expression upon her face. She slowly assessed the appearance of her body and quality of her hair.

'At least I am beautiful but gosh I am dreadfully pale . Haha I guess that is to be expected…Hm I still feel a bit weak and faint. That damned Thirst I bet I need more blood... but where do I get more?' she thought with a scratch of her head.

Lucy looked around the empty hall and realized she was completely without a source blood.

'Oh no! Don't tell me those rats were the only things with blood in here'

Closing her eyes almost instinctively Lucy focused her senses to their most acute.

“All I smell are rats!” she screamed in indignation, "Come on! Think Lucy think! There must be a way to get some blood in here”

Wracking her brain Lucy paced around the grand hall in circles for hours upon hours. Several solutions presented themselves to Lucy, but she was unsure what their outcome would be.

‘As I am right now, I’m a weak fledgling level vampire- no wait I’m a fledgling level pureblood vampire!' Lucy recalled, ‘along with being generally more powerful and harder to kill than other readily made vampires. I also definitely have the Blood Domain gift. Unlike most vampires I should be able to have dominion over any and all blood including the blood of any creature near me that’s weaker. What a handy vampiric gift! I wish I’d known about this sooner’ thought Lucy as she suppressed a gag.

With the knowledge of the Blood Domain ability in mind, Lucy quickly thought up a devilish plan to feed her growing thirst. She would track down every rat in this room before stripping them dry using Blood Domain.

Lucy thought this plan was perfect as she would be able to quench her thirst without lowering herself to actually touching the rodents.

“Ugh I swear this is the last time I’ll ever drink rodent let alone animal blood” grumbled Lucy. ‘It was quite delicious though- ugh Lucy pay attention’, “It’s time to catch some snacks- I mean rats!”

Lucy’s pearly white fangs lengthened in anticipation of the upcoming meal.

Putting her plan into action Lucy wandered around the giant hall and used her enhanced vampiric senses to lead her towards the rodents. Once close enough she would use her Blood Domain, forcing the droplets of blood out of the animals’ body before it had a chance to react.

‘This is quite humane of me, I think. The fact these rats survived so long is a testament to their craftiness though- or cannibalism haha’ laughed Lucy as the basketball sized orb of blood floated near her.

‘I am quite surprised my plan is actually working, I figured with the Blood Domain’s area of effect only being 3 meters, these little fuckers would escape. I guess not!’ Lucy continued on her killing spree of the vermin.

As she killed off the rodents she also surveyed and observed the hall. Lucy knew this place still had good bones, but she had no intention of staying here.

‘According to my memories I’m basically ‘trapped’ a hundred meters underground on some island.’ Lucy thought nonchalantly ‘but if my calculations are correct, I just have to go up and I’ll be free to enjoy other blood- I mean the outside world. And then I can finally build my kingdom. Excellent I will need loyal subj-‘

Suddenly after draining the 21st rat the now giant-sized orb of blood shakily hovered in the air near Lucy.

‘Woah, I feel woozy I think the energy drain of sustaining this shape just increased by a lot. I have to consume it now!’

Lucy molten gold gaze stared at the quivering airborne orb. As she had done thousands of times before in her memories, Lucy shaped the thick crimson blood to her will. As if a river was forming midair, Lucy forced the orb of liquid to change shape into a long spaghetti like noodle.

Throughout the process lines of frustration across her forehead deepened and creased. Lucy clenched her hands so tightly pinpricks of blood started to show where her fingernails pricked her skin.

“Almost… there” she forced out through tightly clenched teeth., “and… done!”

At completion of her strenuous task Lucy gave a great exhale before falling forward slightly. The long spindle like noodle hovered in the air like a long serpent. From end to end the river of blood was at least 15 feet long!

Lucy flipped her long white hair behind her shoulders and tucked them behind her ears.

“Now. It’s time for dinner!” she said flashing a toothy grin.

Flipping her head back Lucy opened her mouth to the heavens above. The blood hovering midair responded instantaneously as it flew inside Lucy’s mouth. As if caught in a vacuum every drop of the river of rat blood was sucked into Lucy’s gaping maw.

“Mmmm that was simply delightful.” Lucy moaned joyfully “Not as good as the first time though, but at least I can feel my energy and vitality returning.”

Little by little the power of the rat blood replenished Lucy’s still weak body. Her hair thickened and gained luster as the lines previously on her forehead disappeared. Even Lucy’s assets and bosom increased in perkiness and girth somewhat.

The effects of blood are especially pronounced in pureblood vampires. Unlike their converted counterparts’ purebloods were born as vampires which granted them immunity from a host of common weaknesses, such as exposure to sunlight, fire, and even decapitation.

Very pure mithril and silver were some of the very few materials capable of doing serious damage to pureblood vampires. Suffice to say pureblood vampires were some of the hardiest creatures in the world of Aleria.

As Lucy’s body used up the last of the energy repairing itself, she was in deep thought over her next steps.

‘Hmm I have to get out of here somehow. Actually, getting out of the castle should be relatively easy’ thought Lucy as she glanced at the large stained-glass windows around her.

‘The real challenge will be getting to the surface. I am at least a hundred meters underground and digging out would be tedious to say the least. And I’ll definitely need a manicure afterwards. But anything is better than starving here, worst case scenario I’ll crawl my way to freedom!’

Lucy closed her eyes and after a moment began to change shape. Within seconds her nude form had turned into that of an inconspicuous black bat.

‘Bat form sure is a useful vampiric gift. According to Amara’s memories all vampires have access to this ability upon reaching the fledgling rank. I guess this means I am for sure at the Fledgling rank right now. Apparently, the vampire species had seven ranks that even purebloods like me have to progress through. And each rank new vampiric gifts would reveal themselves.  From Dhampir, Fledgling, Apostle, Noble, Sire, Pureblood, to the mythical Noblesse. Once I reach the next rank of Apostle, I can finally recruit subordinates!’ Lucy flapped around in glee.

After swooping around the great hall Lucy flew full speed ahead through a nearby window,

‘Wow It gave way like paper! Even my vampire bat body is this strong. Here comes the burrowing part though ugh!’

After flying through the window Lucy flew into a high wall of loose dirt. Changing back into her human form and letting Amara's  memories  guide her, Lucy automatically summoned menacing onyx black claws and began to dig upwards with all her might.

‘No matter what. I won’t stop till I reach the top, this world is mine!’ she thought while digging with her tightly clenched eyes glowing furiously.


 

106