Chapter 8 – Night Changes Pt. 2
2.5k 1 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Continued


Lucy knew her words would strike a chord within Sera. The young woman desperately wanted freedom and looking at their chances of survival she was only a hindrance. But Lucy had a devilish plan to make Sera the first human she turned into a vampire.

 

She wouldn’t force her, but the girl’s powerful psychic power made her an attractive potential subordinate. Lucy knew that promising her the chance to walk again would be tantamount to an offer that couldn’t be refused.

 

“H-how? What’s the condition” Sera asked as a cold sweat dripped down her back.

 

Lucy chuckled to herself at how easy this was.

 

‘I could turn you into a vampire like me. You would be stronger, faster, free from disease, and able to live the way you want. You are my friend Sera, there is no condition!’

 

Sera gasped at Lucy’s offer and went pale in the face. She knew her friend was a vampire; they’d discussed it months ago. She’d only heard legends of the creatures in her stepfathers’ stories of demons and monsters. But she didn’t think Lucy was a monster. If anything, her stepfather was!

 

And the perks of being a vampire sounded extremely tantalizing. The more Sera thought about it the more Lucy’s offer sounded irrefusable. But the thought of becoming a vampire thrilled and terrified her.

 

 

 

Even still Lucy’s words stabbed at Sera’s heart long after they were uttered. She never felt she had a reason to live until now. The villagers never knew she existed, so she was always alone inside that dusky cabin.  Her whole life she  felt like she was just waiting for death, even now she felt as if she was waiting for the villagers to discover them and kill her friend Lucy so she’d be left alone to die again.

 

Lucy noticed the look of despair on Sera’s face and smirked devilishly before continuing to speak, “Don’t you want power? To be able to live forever. To-”

 

“Yes! Yes, I’m willing!” Sera said finally as tears streamed down her face. She knew that she was at a crossroads, she could either truly live as a vampire, or continue to be trodden upon as a cripple. In the world of Aleria, let alone this island Verak, only the strongest survived. She’d been the prey her whole life, she wanted to become the predator for once.

 

Lucy was ecstatic at the girl’s answer. She felt somewhat bad that she kind of manipulated her, but a Queen had to be willing to do anything for her kingdom. Sera was too valuable a potential asset to let slip away. Plus, she wanted to investigate what turning a human would be like.

 

“Good thing there’s no God otherwise I’d surely be damned to hell for this” she thought gleefully.

 

According to her(Amara) memories there were two ways to turn a human into a vampire, or rather two different type of vampires. The first known as thralls were mindless killing machines who lived to drain. They were created by leaving a human on the brink of death after a feeding.

 

A dhampir or rank 1 vampire was created by exchanging blood. All she had to was feed from the human and let the human feed from her. After that, the change would begin and would become irreversible after the newly turned vampire fed for the first time.

 

With no delay Lucy lengthened her fangs before instructing Sera to close her eyes and count to ten. Sera obeyed and slowly began to count, however after reaching five her counting turned into a yelp then moan as Lucy’s fangs punctured the side of her neck.

 

‘Oh my god!’ they both thought in jubilation.

 

Sera’s blood was the sweetest thing Lucy had ever tasted. It tasted ten folds better than the shamans. Her eyes glowed brightly as she swallowed the crimson liquid.

 

Lucy was doing her very best not to get lost in the taste of Sera’s blood, but it was difficult not to. However, throughout the entire process Lucy made sure to make the bite feel pleasurable as to not hurt Sera.

 

With a gasp Lucy detached herself from the slightly faint and pale Sera. Grabbing her own wrist Lucy made a deep incision with her claw. The wound slowly tried to heal so Lucy had to will it to stay open as she gestured for Sera to drink the liquid.

 

“Drink this” Lucy commanded as the wound gushed blood.

 

“Wait!- But… Idk” Sera said as her face turned green at the unsightly wound.

 

Sera was hesitant as Lucy presented the open wound to her lips as a drink. After a moment more of hesitating she closed her eyes and drank the crimson liquid gushing out of the wound.

 

‘Ew it tastes like some type of metal’ Sera despaired as the liquid spilled onto her taste buds

 

As Sera drank gulp after gulp of her blood Lucy moaned at the foreign sensation as she felt the blood energy forming a bond between the two. Sera drank two more gulps before a sudden internal burning sensation forced her to stop.

 

Her back arched on the floor as her once cobalt blue eyes bled to a shocking crimson.

 

“Ahhhh” her voice bellowed and echoed in the cave over and over again.

 

‘What’s happening to me!’ Sera screamed aloud and telepathically.

 

Lucy watched the scene in shock at the sounds Sera was making. She thought those were the most painful sounds she ever heard. Soon she began to wonder would the girl survive the change.

 

“Don’t worry, you’re being reborn”  she comforted her.

 

Sera’s previously paralyzed body began to thrash and seize as she clawed at the ground around her. The powerful vampiric blood was making its way throughout her body while replenishing and strengthening everything it passed.

 

Her previously small canines elongated to a deadly point as she grew claws, and longer blacker hair.

 

“It burns!” she screamed again.

 

Sera’s entire body felt like it was being roasted over a fire pit. Huge red lines became visible on her skin as they all raced toward her heart. Suddenly with almost sentient like accuracy the red lines seemed to converge together as they enclosed Sera’s right coronary artery.

 

With each beat of her heart more of the thick red tendril-like lines would appear and attach to her heart and the glowing red artery before suddenly her heart stopped. Sera’s struggling and screaming ceased as her seemingly dead figure stared at the ceiling of the cave.

 

After some time, Sera gasped as she began to breathe again minus her heart beating. Around her body a terrifying aura began to emerge as the rocks and gravel around her floated in midair. Sera looked around disoriented as she herself began to float off the ground.

 

Her hair formed a black halo around her head as she let out a small whine. Lucy jumped into the air and grasped the girl’s hands to bring her back down to the ground, to no avail.

 

“I-I’m alive! Lucy!” she screamed in shock while looking around wildly.

 

‘Breathe…Relax’ she instructed the girl’s scared figure. Following Lucy’s advice Sera took deep breaths as she attempted to calm the unstable blood and psychic energy exploding inside of her.

 

She gritted her teeth and clenched Lucy’s hands tight in a shuddering grip. Her body still felt minor throbs of pain as the final parts of the change were completed.

 

 

Lucy held the girl for three more hours as she attempted to control the rampant energy the changes had brought on. But as Lucy looked down at the girl, she couldn’t help but remark and admire her growing stunning beauty.

 

‘Wow, she’s not even a pureblood, nor is she a full vampire yet but she’s already this beautiful! I’m starting to feel a little self-conscious next to this sister! Vampires must definitely have a beauty gene or something like that’ she surmised.

 

Lucy felt the invisible bond forged by the blood energy growing stronger and stronger as the change finally completed. Before she had a chance to revel in the success, they both fell to the ground with a dull thud.

 

Sera fell unconscious as soon as her body met the ground. Her energy was spent, and she’d still need rest until she transformed into a full Dhampir ranked vampire. Lucy on the other hand was excited to have her first vampire subordinate as well as a companion who was like her.

 

Plus, it seemed Sera's exceptional prowess with psychic energy had been boosted further by her change into a vampire. Lucy could not wait to further inspect the girl’s improvements once she woke up, and there was the momentous occasion of their first hunt together to look forward to.


 

81