Chapter 13 – Chief Jia
1.7k 0 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they moved in slow motion in front of the supernaturally fast Sera, she punctured the chest and gripped the heart of the nearest guard barehanded. 

The poor guard seemed stunned to look down and realize this beauty’s hand was quite literally in his chest. 

Just as it was sinking in, his eyes rolled behind his head and he died.

Sera quickly grabbed the dead guard’s machete with her free hand before dislodging her hand from his chest.

 With a spin his body was thrown far towards the woods as the machete in her hand was launched towards the six guards slowly advancing towards her. 

The machete sliced through the air as if it had a mind of its own. With bloody squelches it entered and exited the body of two guards who didn’t dodge fast enough. 

Using her telekinesis Sera floated the machete back into her hand before running to finish the last four guards off.

By this time Lucy had already licked the blood from her claws and moved to help Sera finish the last of the prey off. Just as she was going to join in the fun however, she noticed one of the guards reaching for something in his robes.

‘What’s he up to?!’ she thought stunned. 

The guard wouldn’t make her wait long to find out. With expert movements he disengaged from the incoming Sera and hurriedly tried to bring a small bronze whistle to his lips.

With a gasp Lucy realized this guard was trying to wake up the whole village so he could get backup and warn the Chief of their arrival.

 Lucy's eyes began to burn a furious shade of gold as she called upon the massive amount of blood energy at her disposal.

‘I will not let our plan be ruined by some fool with a whistle.’ Lucy thought enraged.

Lucy’s eyes increasingly brightened as if going by some inaudible crescendo. 

With a flick of her wrist the last guards standing suddenly burst into a thick bloody mist that hovered in the air for several seconds before entering Lucy’s mouth as a compressed orb of blood.

‘Urgh what a draining move, good thing I got some of that blood energy back’ thought Lucy as she woozily wiped her brow amidst a sudden headache.

With the messy deaths of the guards the little bronze whistle fell to the ground unused with a small clink. After swallowing the orb of blood Lucy’s eyes returned to normal as she observed the carnage around her.

Surrounding the front door of the Chief’s home cabin was blood, bits of bone, guts, and brain matter.

 The violent and murderous scene contrasted greatly with the nearby flower bed and sounds of peaceful snoring emanating from the villager homes. 

The two vampires observed and admired their macabre work, though one was less satisfied than the other…

‘I do hope we can be a bit cleaner next time’ said Lucy telepathically

‘Haha my apologies master I promise I’ll make it up to you… Now let us finish this business quickly’ Sera replied.

Not bothering to knock they pushed open the hard wood door of the two-story cabin. 

As they strode into the home of Chief Jia they slammed the door behind them. Standing in what was the equivalent of a living room was Chief Jia pacing back and forth while drinking from a goblet. 

To his left and right were several nude women who laid fast asleep on soft and expensive looking furs in front of a small fireplace.

“What is it? I told you not to bother me unless it was something import-” Chief Jia choked on his words.

Just as he was berating the ‘guards’ who had unceremoniously interrupted his brainstorming, Chief Jia looked up and locked eyes with two intruders. 

As his eyes traveled over the forms of the two Chief Jia had no idea who these women were. Their beauty was top tier and if they weren’t covered in blood right now, he’d surely add them to his menagerie of bed warmers. 

Swallowing his shock at their appearance he finally managed to utter out a sentence, “W-Who are you ? What’s the meaning of this?”

As Chief Jia observed the blood-soaked pair of strangers and waited for a response from them, he began to get impatient. 

With a cold sweat dripping down his back he tried to reach for a small blade tucked in the waistband of his cotton trousers.

At this moment Sera’s enhanced vision picked up his small movement and she used her telekinesis to snatch the knife away from the man. 

Almost simultaneously she used her powerful telekinetic abilities to lift the Chief off his feet before levitating him just before her master.

‘Chief Jia is it?” Lucy’s smooth and soft voice questioned in his mind, “Frankly I’m offended you don’t recognize us. I mean after all the hassle you’ve caused us, the least you could do is know who it is you’ve decided to piss off” Lucy finished as she slowly smiled, revealing her elongated canines.

Chief Jia’s saggy old face blanched at the sight of the threatening fangs, “D-Demo-“ he attempted to scream before suddenly losing control of his lips.

‘Nuh uh uh can’t have you waking everybody’ Sera’s voice echoed in his head, ‘now let’s make sure we use our inside voices… or else’ she threatened while tapping her elongated claw on his right temple.

Recognizing his fate was not in his own hands right now, Chief Jia listened to Lucy and Sera’s instructions and used his thoughts to speak instead, ‘What do you demons want?! You won’t get away with this!’ He communicated furiously, ‘My ancestors will avenge-’

SMACK

Suddenly a strong slap from Lucy knocked several teeth and blood out of Chief Jia’s mouth. 

Smiling gruesomely Lucy made her demands known, ‘Chief Jia you will tell me everything you know about the Millenium Trading Company or this will be a very long night for you.’

The poor chief looked a horrid sight with blood dripping from his semi toothless mouth while he was suspended midair.

After trying her hand at intimidating the old guy Lucy felt slightly bad. She’d forgotten that even a casual hit from a regular vampire could do serious damage to a normal human being, let alone an intentional hit from a pure blood vampire.

 She genuinely didn’t mean to draw blood but sometimes a Queen had to do what a Queen had to do.

After being knocked dazed and confused from the sudden slap, light eventually returned to the Chief’s eyes as he regained his bearings

‘Now, are you ready to comply Chief?’ Lucy questioned again impatiently, ‘ Tell me everything you know about the Millen-‘

At that very moment a disgusting hawking sound interrupted Lucy’s sentence. 

Amidst coughing and a bone chilling stare towards the two vampires, he squirmed midair. Chief Jia seemed to be summoning the spittle and saliva from the deepest recesses of his mouth. 

Second after second his lips puckered further  as the contents in his mouth grew. Then with an explosive hack he projectile spat a glob of bloodstained mucus towards Lucy’s face.

Almost in disbelief Lucy stood there stunned as the gob of spit flew towards her. Just as disgust began to finally color her face, the ball of spit froze in midair. 

About 7in from Lucy’s nose the foul-smelling liquid floated frigidly in time as Lucy turned to look at Sera.

Sera’s flawless face looked thoroughly pissed off at this moment. With her eyes trained on the glob of spit, she flicked her pinky causing the spit to fly back and hit the face of the Chief instead. 

Not yet finished she gritted her teeth and flared her fingers as she then trained her eyes on the Chief’s.

‘Apologize now and tell my master everything you know about the Millenium Trading Company’ Sera commanded through tightly clenched teeth, while her eyes glowed a violent crimson.

Sera eyes glared so intensely at the poor Chief they seemed to be about to bore holes through him. Through the slimy haze of saliva covering his eyes he could see and feel two red lights trained on to him. 

Just as he was wondering what was going on his body suddenly jerked before becoming as rigid as a board.

‘I apologize to you Lucy, and the Millenium Trading Company is a merchant group that visits the island to exchange for goods it can sell and auction off to the mainland. I don’t know what continent they are from, but they always pay rare goods for our flowers and fruit. They arrive every other new moon and dock overnight before departing at sunrise every trip. They-’ continued the glossy eyed and loose lipped Chief to Lucy and Sera’s’ pleased yet surprised ears.

Lucy’s face at the moment was a mask of shock and incredulity as she had a sudden epiphany.

'So that's how they got such high quality silver arrows!' 

 However as she whipped her head from the Chief’s glassy and fishlike eyes and back to Sera’s burning eyes , the shock on her face quickly transformed to awe then satisfaction as she had another epiphany. 

A small smile worked across her lips as she continued to observe Sera ‘in action'.

The suddenly compliant Chief continued to tell the two everything he knew about the Millenium Company, not lying nor faltering in every answer he uttered.

 Though after a while of talking to the man Lucy and Sera realized he didn’t know much, they were still more than pleased with the information they received.

After successfully commanding the Chief to give up information, Sera then ordered the obedient Chief to arrange her and Lucy a spot on the ship. 

According to his intel the ship had some passengers that paid to board the vessel, as such Sera was basically telling the old man to buy her and Lucy a ticket for the vessel, which he readily agreed to do.

The next new moon Chief Jia would meet them both here to escort them to the vessel for boarding. Though that was still seven days away Lucy figured she could still use the extra time to plan their next steps.

After all this trip was very sudden and Lucy had to make sure her every step was properly calculated if she was going to go on it. 

Along with ordering the man to get them clothing from his wives’ room, Lucy and Sera had gotten everything they came for in a surprising turn of events.

"Wow what luck master’, Sera said as she woozily slipped out the old Chief’s cabin, ‘I had no idea the Chief would take my words into consideration and agree to help us. I sure must’ve scared him, but I have a slight headache now haha ow!" Sera beamed excitedly.

Lucy turned to look at the younger vampire before chuckling softly.

 "Silly girl, do you really think he just ‘took your words into consideration’? Sera what you did was one of a vampire’s greatest and most difficult gifts. You used mental compulsion my darling, and you're quite good at it seeing as you're not doubled over clutching your head in mind numbing pain"

"M-Mental Compulsion?” Sera questioned confusedly.

"Or mind control in layman’s terms. Frankly, I would have done it myself if you hadn’t beat me to it’ Lucy said as she grabbed two of the deceased guards, ‘Nonetheless you made me so proud tonight Sera. The control and ability you have shown with the  psychic power that you wielded tonight is miles ahead of where it was when we first met. There is no doubt in my mind that you’re going to become one of the most powerful Psionic vampires ever".

Sera blushed slightly at the rare compliment from her master before realizing she had no idea what a psionic vampire even was. 

Just as Lucy ran to depart for their waterfall base , Sera asked her a question.


 

57