Chapter 18 – Dark Descent
1.3k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Damn! That girl at the end is walking too fast, she’ll ruin everything’ Lucy groaned telepathically.

‘I guess we’ll just have to come to them then.’ Replied Sera as she quickly shadowjumped to the men.

“Ah” a scream echoed from the dark of the alley but was blotted out by the merriment coming from the bar.

“Butch?” questioned a startled voice.

‘Wow that is so rude to have dinner without me. I must teach her proper etiquette later’ thought Lucy as she appeared next to the lone straight edge knife holding ruffian.

 Unlike Sera’s prey he didn’t even have a chance to scream before Lucy shadowjumped away with him, leaving the terrified young girl alone in the alley wondering where that scream, and voice came from.

After snatching their quick meals from the alley way Lucy and Sera shadow jumped to the nearby roof over the alley with their food in tow.

 Having had a head start Sera was already sucking her comatose victim near dry when Lucy appeared from a patch of shadows.

“Ahem, uh darling I hate to interrupt but we really shouldn’t be eating so out in the open” 

Lucy sternly reminded the younger vampire as she roughly twisted the neck of her struggling prey.

A few shadow jumps later Lucy and Sera appeared in a more remote cliff area near where they first docked.

 Lucy felt this would be the safest place to eat as well as dispose of their food’s remains. 

No longer having any patience the two young and beautiful vampires enjoyed their bloody meals under the full moon’s light.

“Blergh!” gurgled the dying thug as he choked on his own blood. His death cries fell on deaf ears as Sera only increased her suction force in response.

‘Hmph, you have only yourself to blame’ Sera transmitted her thoughts to the dying man, ‘and sadly there is no pill for regret.’

Having read the impure thoughts the man had towards that young girl Sera made sure she was extra savage in her approach. 

She could have easily made this a painless or even pleasurable experience, but no, Sera wanted him to feel every second of his life slipping away.

“No table manners whatsoever darling” chortled Lucy as she observed Sera savagely finish devouring the man.

Tossing his body over the cliff Sera wiped her mouth with the deep v neck cut black gown she was wearing before saying, “Oops got a little ravenous there sorry. I was really hungry, still am actually-“

“Haha Of course me too but we have priorities darling” reminded Lucy as she began making her way away from the cliff’s edge.

“Well if eating again isn’t a priority what’s next then master?” Sera asked as they took flight simultaneously in their bat forms.

During their short trip at sea besides marveling at the magical seafaring vessel  Lucy had spent much of the time planning her next steps.

 She knew if she was to be successful in rebirthing the purebloods as well as her and Amara’s kingdom, she’d need territory, resources, subordinates or allies, and power.

“Before anything else we must find shelter. If I’m correct we only have a few hours until sunrise and that spells trouble for at least one of us.’ Lucy explained as they finally reached the town boundaries again, ‘then we must go about establishing a force of some kind in this town discretely of course, after that then we can feed as much as we want’

Sera’s small bat body shook with excitement as she considered all the blood she’d get to enjoy in the near future.

‘Ooh I look forward to it master, but let us find shelter before I am roasted in the morning’ Sera added as she thought about being caught in the sunlight.

Angling down left ward Lucy seemed to have chosen a particular destination, ‘Don’t worry the sun still doesn’t rise for hours, we will definitely find shelter before then. In fact,…this way!’ she directed.

With smooth and graceful swoops and flips, Lucy and Sera appeared just to the side of a two-story inn on the upper south side of Port Blackwood.

“The Resting Tree” read Sera on the bright green painted ad as they walked from the side to the front of the establishment.

As soon as Lucy and Sera entered the doors of the stone building, they noticed a perceptible shift in the atmosphere.

 Right before they’d come in they could hear laughter and conversation from other patrons, however upon entering said patrons were now silent as a mouse and staring at them.

Despite awkward pressure from the nosy patrons Lucy still made a point to look around the place and gauge its viability as a temporary base. Most of the other patrons were men save for the waitresses and maids moving about.

 Illuminated by several candles and fireplaces the interior was very spacious and it seemed the first floor was designed as a sort of lobby- tavern combo. To the far-right Lucy noticed a set of stairs she could only assume led to the rooms.

‘Ugh how gauche…’ Lucy thought with a roll of her eyes.

At that moment a voice from the nearby check in counter on the first floor called out to them, “Hello young misses how may I help you?”

Lucy and Sera exchanged looks as they couldn’t see the owner until approaching the counter where a short old man smiled at them in greetings.

Looking at the two very beautiful young ladies in expensive looking gowns, the old innkeeper felt they were some wayward mages or rich nobles needing a room.

 Nobles nor mages rarely came to his place of business, but he recognized their type from just a look. They all had distinguished auras about them and always dressed expensively. 

And judging by the reactions of the other patrons, especially the males, these two were the real deal.


 

45