Chapter 20 – Nightcap
1.2k 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 hours later

“Mmm I’m stuffed. I don’t think I can fly for now, burp” said Lucy as she wobbly flew in her bat form.

“We’re hiccup almost hiccup there master” said Sera right under Lucy’s figure doing her best to keep her aloft.

After flying for a bit longer the two out of nowhere crashed through a window and then a set of thick curtains before landing on a cold wooden floor. 

Just minutes afterwards diffused rays of sunlight followed their abrupt entrance, spilling in a small jagged circle on the wood floor just feet away from them.

“Whew that was hiccup close” said Lucy as she shifted back to her human form. On wobbly legs she managed to carry herself to the bed where she plopped down with no delay.

‘Ugh I’m never drinking from a drunk again’ thought Sera as her vision spun in circles and she layed in her bat form on the floor, ‘this definitely wasn’t worth it’

Just hours earlier after convincing Lucy to go hunting again, Lucy and Sera happened upon a pair of homeless drunkards on the far South side of Port Blackwood.

 Never one to waste a quick and easy meal Sera suggested, much to the chagrin of Lucy who found it very gauche, that they drain the men.

Alas she relented and they had the homeless men for a midnight snack but apparently blood high in alcohol content had the same effects of alcohol in humans for vampires. 

As such after draining the two homeless men Lucy and Sera became hopelessly inebriated, leading to their current circumstances.

‘Ugh the worst part is we’re unable to ‘sleep it off’ like humans’ Lucy cried in response telepathically before rubbing her stomach in small circles.

“I can’t take this any more master, I’m going into Deep Sleep. Wake me up at sundown” Sera said as she shifted to her human form and became deathly still where she laid.

Lucy’s vision swam as she sat up and looked at Sera’s deep sleeping form.

‘Oh, sure leave me hiccup to be drunk alone hiccup whatever at least I can purify hiccup my blood,’, Lucy thought as she shook her head and laid back down on the bed.

‘I should be fine hiccup by nightfall…’

Lucy laid in the same curled position on the tiny twin bed for hours. Every moment she spent using her Blood Domain ability to purify her innards. 

By hyper circulating her blood Lucy was able to greatly expedite the dissipation of the alcoholic blood in her system. 

Though this process was horrifyingly efficient it was excruciatingly painful, Lucy felt like she was on fire. She hated every second of the ordeal but knew she had no one to blame but herself.

‘Blood quality is so important, how could I ever forget that?’ Lucy thought as she laid with her eyes closed in deep concentration, ‘Amara’s memories are chock full of examples of older and stronger vampires being incapacitated by blood tainted by their enemies’

Vampires of all ranks had a terrifyingly strong immune system and regeneration ability, as such most poisons, illnesses, and parasites were uselessly non lethal against them.

 However, the quality of blood a vampire drank was very important.

 If a skilled enough master in poison were to concoct a special potion to taint a vampire’s blood supply, of course it wouldn't kill them but  it could very well immobilize them long enough for some nefarious plan to take place.

After continuously working her Blood Domain ability Lucy fell into a strange lull and time flowed by like water. Suddenly it was mid afternoon in Port Blackwood and Lucy abruptly woke from her strange lull to find herself feeling completely sober.

“Finally!” she said as she hopped off the bed and stretched, “that was utterly dreadful, but it seems I’ve sobered up earlier than expected”

Looking around Lucy noticed it was still daylight outside and Sera was on the floor in the corner in Deep Sleep.

‘I could wake her up… but she’s probably still drunk plus it’s still daylight out’ Lucy thought with a scratch of her head, ‘ but what to do now… Oh I know!’

SHWING

Moving with supernatural speed Lucy summoned her sharp obsidian claws before using them to shear the crimson colored gown she was wearing. 

After cutting It the new dress was seductively short, resting on Lucy’s creamy thighs seductively above her knees.

‘A rough cut but still fashion’ Lucy thought as she twirled and put on her high heeled boots, ‘perfect, let’s put this plan into action. Oh! Almost forgot”

With a sudden burst of speed Lucy emptied and grabbed a brown pillowcase on the bed and put Sera under the bed, before heading out of their room.

After leaving her room Lucy clicked her way down the hall with a particular destination in mind.

‘Ok time to put Operation get some resources into motion. Those pervy old bastards from before had better brought their gold coin purses’ thought Lucy as she entered the tavern level of the inn.

Though it wasn’t dark out yet, the tavern was lively and filled with patrons.

 Even at the very front of the inn, groups of regular customers stood clustered holding drunken conversations.

As Lucy appeared from the stairs and headed towards an empty seat to the far right of the empty and secluded bar, multiple eyes flew in her direction. 

Lucy smiled in satisfaction, so far, the plan was working, and she hadn’t even used her Compulsion ability yet.

‘This will be easier than taking candy from a baby’, Lucy thought as she shook her head and mentally commanded the approaching bartender to leave his post.

“Hello there young maiden” said a voice interrupting Lucy’s thoughts, “What does a young lass like you think you’re doing here alone? You should let this here father protect you.”

‘Donor number one already, most pleasing’ Lucy thought as she sent the pudgy middle-aged man that had approached her as soon as she sat down an enchanting glare.

‘Give me every gold coin you have in your possession?’ she telepathically commanded the now dazed and confused man.

Reaching into the pockets of his stained trousers the middle-aged man’s pudgy fingers extracted a small brown patch that jingled slightly.

“Here you go” the thoroughly mind controlled man said as Lucy took the pouch from him.

‘Excellent now go home to your wife’ Lucy commanded with a smile as she turned around in her seat to count her new earnings.

‘Hm not bad 8 gold coins, I wasn’t even really trying haha’ Lucy laughed to herself .

Lucy could feel the other men’s passionate gazes directed at her, but most were very intimidated and didn’t dare approach. 

For some just admiring her beauty from afar was enough though the longer they stared the more they wanted her. Some had come to this tavern just to catch a sight of her after word had spread. 

These were the thought and feelings of most of the patrons and Lucy could read each one.

‘Time to up the ante’ thought Lucy as an intangible ripple passed from her gold orbs and spread across the room.

Instantly the closest four ruffian looking patrons were unknowingly captivated by her Compulsion ability and moved in to try their luck as well.


38