Chapter 21 – Life on Mars
1.3k 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A moment and a few mental commands later Lucy was now richer by 40 gold coins. Utilizing the same strategy as before she robbed her admirers weak enough to approach her blind. 

Lucy was very pleased by the way things were developing. But she felt these men didn’t have enough money.

‘Ugh I hate the Southside’ thought Lucy as another patron gave her his pouch of gold.

Lucy had now robbed at the very least 8 different men but no one but her had noticed. This was mostly due to the horrible visibility of the bar, as it was located in the far back of the tavern. 

Combined with the fact that most of the men were under her control, drunk, or dimwitted-to the few female workers and everyone else it just looked like she had many suitors who were constantly getting rejected.

At that moment a couple fellows of a different kind approached her, impervious to her weak field of insta-Compulsion

“Hey toots, what’s your name?” said the biggest of the two arrogant fellows.

Lucy lazily turned around in her seat to view who it was that was strong enough to not be controlled. AS she quickly sized the two up and down, she frowned in dissatisfaction.

The two ruffians looked younger and more in shape than the previous suitors but were still ugly, nonetheless. 

Dressed in all black combat gear and sporting visible daggers, Lucy could tell they were mercenaries. Plus, she could feel a certain level of power from them

‘Hmm I wonder if they’re mages. That can’t be right though mages are supposed to be rare- Oh whatever the case I bet they have money. 

I'll use a bit more power with this one’ Lucy thought as she looked the two mercenaries straight in their eyes.

‘Give me all your gold coins and valuables.’ She commanded

“Hey, toots you d-dea-“ with a stutter the mercenary froze in his speech as his eyes glazed over and he retrieved a gold pouch from his pocket

. Almost simultaneously his friend to his side mirrored the exact actions.

‘Thank you, go home’ Lucy commanded as she looked over the 200 gold coins and several sharp weapons, she received from the two men.

‘Wow this really is making money out of nothing!’ Lucy thought in glee as another hopeful suitor approached her.

In this way Lucy made 1500 gold coins just from sitting at the bar stool in the afternoon. 

Patron after patron would come in hoping to catch a glance of the ‘Snow Haired Beauty’ just to end up giving her their money and appearing at home with no memory of the fact. 

Lucy felt this method of doing things was gauche and unbecoming for a Queen. But she was more than happy with her gains thus far and so was the innkeeper selling ale!

As Lucy noticed the rays of sunlight incoming from the nearby windows  starting to wane she decided to head to the room and wake Sera. 

Grabbing her huge pouch filled with gold coins, Lucy prepared to leave when suddenly she felt an approaching pressure

Quickly whipping her head, Lucy looked at the inn’s front door as a tall and devilishly handsome fellow garbed in all black combat gear walked in.

‘Who is he?’ wondered Lucy just as his eyes found her white hair from across the room and he made a beeline towards her.

While Storming over the angry expression on the unknown fellow’s face intensified with every step. 

Lucy however was too distracted by his everything else to notice. 

Standing at 5’10 with thick and dark brown colored hair tied back in a short ponytail, a sculpted face with fashionable stubble, as well as a visibly lean body he was definitely an attractive figure. 

Lucy could also feel a pressure unlike anything she had ever felt before emanating from him

‘This should be interesting…’ she thought just as he reached her seat at the far end of the bar.

“Hey! Who do you think you are accepting those weapons from my men? Do you know who I am? Y-you’re- woah” the guy exclaimed as he finally looked upon Lucy up close.

‘Hm? So peculiar… Why does he smell and make me feel so different from other humans’, Lucy wondered as she tapped a thin finger on her chin and raised an eyebrow at the talking stranger.

“Hey? Got a name babe, I’m Mars-“ introduced the stranger just as he froze in place with a glossy haze coming over his eyes.

‘Mm much better now, he’s much more attractive with is mouth closed” she said as she hopped from the barstool and eyed the captivated stranger, ‘ Hmm… He’s dressed similarly to those mercenaries from before. Their superior maybe? I wonder… Ah who cares? He should just give this Queen his gold, I need to get back to Sera’

‘Give me all your coins’, she mentally commanded Mars.

Shuffling in his black combat trousers his smooth hand returned with a rather sizable jingling black pouch tied with a leather band, which he promptly handed to Lucy.

‘Woah! This guy is loaded I wonder what his background is and why he’s looking for me? Oh, I do recall him mentioning something about his subordinate’s weapons… No matter! I’ve got what I came for’ Lucy triumphantly smiled as she gathered her belongings and put them into her brown pillowcase.

Just as Lucy was preparing to leave and head back to her room, she felt a strange psychic sensation that shocked her to the core.

‘My compulsion’s been broken?! But that’s impossible! Unless… Could he be a mage?!’ Lucy realized in horror just as she noticed the light return to his eyes.

“- no last name, you’re new around, here right? I can tell ha ha, any other woman would be all over me right now. See I’m pretty famous here in Port Blackwood” Mars the mage continued right where he left off in his introduction, seemingly unaware of the prior events, “-being the captain of the Blackthorn Mercenary Company, one of the top mercenary squads in Port Blackwood, I have lots of money and power, plus I’m an intermediate rank mage babe-”

‘Oh no he’s taken my shock for interest, he probably thinks I want to be his floozy or something ew’ thought Lucy as she stood captive to Mars’ monologue about himself, ‘this guy is such a narcissist but did he say captain? And money ? And power? Hmm … I may just have to do that thing’

“-but anyway like I was saying I’d never hurt a girl, especially a breathtakingly beautiful one such as yourself so you should just give me my subordinates weapons back so we can go back to my place and I can make you my woman. What’s your name again?”

‘Woah déjà vu,  I feel like I’ve said some of this before… probably worked with a different girl too haha’ thought Mars as he noticed Lucy handing the weapons to him, ‘good girl I knew she’d make the right choice! I can’t wait to fu-’

Suddenly Mars train of thoughts were abruptly interrupted. 

After accepting the weapons from Lucy’s one hand. He was surprised to see Lucy’s other small and delicate hand now slightly holding the tip of his middle finger.

“My name is Lucy” she said as she brought his tanned and lean middle finger into her mouth in one breath.

“…what the-” Mars said stunned and confused by the unusual turn of events before he suddenly felt a strange sensation that quickly took over his whole body.

‘Let’s hope I’m right…’ thought Lucy as she discretely elongated one of her fangs and pricked the tip of his finger.

Mars’s eyes closed in ecstasy as his body shuddered from the throes of pleasure he suddenly started experiencing. 

He had never felt nor experienced anything like this before. 

He wanted to form a coherent thought or sentence but the shocks of pleasure originating from the tip of his finger had turned his mental processes into mush. 

This was apparent by the line of drool working its way out one corner of his mouth.

‘Hm, spicy!’ thought Lucy as her tongue savored the small morsel of blood, ‘Mage blood definitely tastes different from regular human blood’

“Mmm… Ahh” he began to moan lowly.

But just as quickly as the strange pleasure started, it suddenly ended as his finger was released and his eyes flashed open.

“Have a good night, Mars” Lucy said as she hurriedly rushed past the stunned mercenary leader with her heavy pillowcase of gains in tow.

“W-wait!” Mars called out trying to chase her retreating figure, only to find his formerly strong legs strangely weak and wobbly.

With a grunt his tall figure stumbled only managing to regain his balance using a nearby stool.

‘Woah, who is she?’ thought Mars breathless as he wiped his mouth and helplessly watched Lucy disappear to the right staircase.

“Don’t feel bad sir. That fair maiden sure is a hard one to catch, many suitors have tried to win her heart today” said a nearby blonde waitress who witnessed Lucy’s departure, “ but have hope because you were the best looking by far” she said with a wink.

Mars grimaced in response before ordering the maid to help him up. 

After waiting until he regained the strength in his legs he waited and walked around the tavern and inn for hours in hopes of running into Lucy again.

Sadly, he was eventually forced to leave for an impromptu midnight meeting with his mercenary company. 

Any other night he’d simply skip it and make up some excuse. But he couldn’t this time. 

The meeting tonight was very important and concerned the current balance of power between the other top 4 mercenary companies in Port Blackwood. 

Mars knew potentially life changing decisions would have to be made during this meeting. And he knew that he’d have to be the one to make them like always.

41