Chapter 55 – Danger
388 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Southern Sector | Port Blackwood | Hale Kingdom | Aleria
 
After leaving Nox and the cave, Lucy followed her bond with Sera to Port Blackwood’s Southern area.
 
At this moment, Lucy floated high above the sleepy town using her huge set of wings. Her bond she shared with all of her progeny told her that Sera should be located right here. However even with her vampiric senses extended to the max she could see, smell, nor hear any sign of her…
 
“Hmm” she grumbled angrily
 
Meanwhile…
 
At the Southern center of the darkened town of Port Blackwood, a semi translucent barrier so thin you could hardly see it, was currently covering the area. This barrier made things appear as they weren’t and was similar to an illusion.
 
At this place hidden within plain sight a fierce battle was being fought…
 
WHOOSH
 
Two figures came rushing out from beneath the ground of the deserted Southern market square. One was Sera, covered in slowly healing minor cuts and bruises, while the other was none other than Priest Cleary. His hands were grasping a brilliant silver kitana while his arms were wrapped in silver chains .
 
“You cant escape me demon” he bellowed as he chased after Sera’s fleeing form
 
Waving her hand back Sera telekinetically caused a nearby wagon to come flying at the priest.
 
SMASH
 
With just a small incantation the priest caused the wagon hurtling towards him to be destroyed by a summoned earth wall.
“Die!” the priest roared again as he launched his sword forward like a spear. As the sword hurtled towards Sera’s fleeing figure, the chain connected to it at it’s hilt streamed behind under the control of the priest.
 
“You’re mine now!” the priest screamed with a hard tug of the chain.
 
‘Oh no not good’ thought Sera as she attempted to dodge the sword suddenly coming at her from her flank.
 
Sera tried to roll midair and dodge the incoming sword but she simply wasn’t fast enough.
 
SWISH
 
With sharp precision the sword found it’s way into Sera’s soft belly and sent her hurtling to the earth below.
 
“Urgh” she cried as she smashed into a nearby shack.
 
“You’re not so terrifying now are you little girl hahaha” the priest laughed as he approached her injured figure, “I don’t know why but I expected more of a challenge from a fearsome vampire. But then again I suppose sustaining this barrier around us is causing you some trouble huh? Hahaha”
 
Sera wiped some beads of perspiration from her forehead before dislodging the silver sword from her abdomen and then replied,
 
“S-Shut up I’ll drain every last drop from you, l-let’s see what you’ll have to say then!”
 
“Oooh how fearsome, I hope you have this same vigor when I interrogate you…” the priest said with a grim smile
 
But then at that moment a seductively feminine voice came down from above; “How about you interrogate me, or… maybe I’ll interrogate you? Yeah, that sounds much better”
 
SMASH
 
A beautiful white haired woman came down from above with a punch aimed right at the priest’s head .
 
“You! B-But how? Your eyes aren’t-“ stuttered the priest while blocking the fearsome punch with his silver sword
 
“Red? Don’t worry about why you’ll be dead soon enough!”
 
This white haired woman was quite obviously Lucy having been able to locate and penetrate Sera’s barrier.
 
“Are you sure about that girl!?” countered the priest while his eyes gestured to his pure silver sword eating away and causing Lucy’s bare hands to burn.
 
In that moment Lucy attempted to use her Blood Domain ability and telekinesis to turn him into a blood mist, only for it to have no effect.
 
‘What’s with this bastard’ Lucy fumed angrily as she ended their stalemate with a jump backwards, ‘the aura he’s giving off doesn’t lose out to that of a peak stage Great Mage at all!’
 
‘Sera are you okay? How’s your injury?’ Lucy asked telepathically
 
‘I-I’m fine but master be careful! This priest isn’t simple and our abilities seem to have no effect on him for some reason…’
 
“I’ll exorcise you both”  the priests’ withered voice echoed out as he prepared to launch another attack
 
‘Turn into your bat form Sera and stay back!’ Lucy ordered before standing squarely in front of Sera and the incoming attack.
 
The priest opened one half of his cassock and retrieved several long and serrated pure silver  blades. With a smile that could make one’s skin crawl he began to telekinetically fire the blades in a barrage toward the two vampiresses.
 
Suddenly a huge red shield made of hardened blood materialized just before Lucy. Created with her Blood Domain, the sturdy shield was easily able to deflect the incoming projectiles hurled by the priest.
 
“My turn” said Lucy
 
At that moment the blood shield began to disintegrate and reform into seven blood red daggers. Then with just a point of her index finger the seven blood daggers rapidly shot towards the priest’s location.
 
“Child’s play” said the priest before he began a short chant
 
WHOOSH
 
The priest once again summoned his Rank II spell, Rock Wall and with little to no difficulty he blocked the blood daggers.
 
“You might as well give up monster” said the priest as he slowly began to approach with his silver katana in hand, “Your friend over there can’t keep up this barrier forever, it’s only a matter of time before I kill you and everyone finds out what you really are!”
 
“Urgh!”
 
Lucy didn’t take kindly to threats and this guy was starting to piss her off so wasting no time she quickly summoned a blood sword and in one step met his attack halfway. At that moment both sides began to unleash a flurry of blows, each being blocked by the other.
 
Sparks began to fly left and right around the small courtyard as their battle increased in ferocity until both sides temporarily disengaged with a jump back.
...

13