Chapter 56 – Flee
383 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Continued)
 
Numerous cuts now covered Lucy’s body.
 
They were the small wounds she received from not dodging or blocking the Priest’s attacks completely and while Lucy normally wouldn’t care about such small cuts, the fact that they weren’t healing yet and that the priest seemed fine began to slightly worry her.
 
‘Sera…How much… longer can you… hold up this barrier’ Lucy asked telepathically while keeping her eyes and chipped blood sword trained on the Priest
 
‘N-Not much longer master! It’s currently taking all of my concentration to even do this much…’
 
Lucy nodded slightly as she silently assessed the situation at hand.
 
The way she saw it, as time went on the costs of this battle would become increasingly overbearing for her.
 
 For one the concealment barrier would be coming down soon, she had lost a lot a lot of blood earlier and more now, plus Sera wasn’t in good shape. And the fact that she had left Nox in the middle of his rebirth was something that was also weighing heavily on her mind.
 
“I have to hurry and end this…” she whispered while tightening her grip on the blood sword
 
“You say something? Your prayers maybe? Ha ha, too late” laughed the priest
 
At that moment the seven small silver blades that Lucy had blocked earlier began to fly towards her from all different angles just as the priest sprinted over ready to strike again with his silver kitana.
 
‘Not good, he’s trying a pincer attack!’
 
Digging her claws into her palms, Lucy immediately drew blood and then spun in place as strong winds and the droplets of blood began to circle her.
 
Faster and faster she spun while using her Blood Domain ability and in the blink of an eye a terrifying cyclone of blood was reaching up towards the heavens.
 
“Damned demon!” cursed the priest as the unexpected Blood Cyclone whipped his projectiles off target while simultaneously throwing him off his feet.
 
‘This is our chance Sera, we have to flee!’
 
Using her vampiric speed Lucy seized the moment the Blood Cyclone had created and snatched Sera’s bat form up while taking to the skies with her own set of wings.
 
Lucy was flying extremely fast!
 
Just after distracting the Priest with the Blood Cyclone, she scooped Sera’s bat form into her bosom and made a beeline for the forests. She hated the idea of fleeing but not as much as being able to live and fight another day.
 
‘Master who was that? How was he able to brush our telekinesis off so easily?’ asked Sera
 
‘I have no idea, I’ve never seen anything like it’ Lucy replied honestly, ‘Perhaps it’s because I’m low on Blood Energy or maybe there’s some other reason… I’ll have to check Amara’s memories later’
 
Right now, Lucy just wanted to create as much distance between her and the odd priest as possible. She was definitely curious as well about who he was and how’d he know so much about vampires’ weaknesses but getting some blood and finishing Nox’s transformation before their departure was her top priorities.
 
‘Did you manage to complete the tasks at least?’ Lucy questioned, ‘we still should try to leave tomorrow’
 
‘I was able to complete them all except picking up the men you bought from the slave trader, just as I was about to head to Grimsby that’s when I ran into that creepy Priest…’
 
Lucy exhaled a sigh of relief at Sera’s response, she may not have her men but it was just a small matter to pick them up at dawn tomorrow. As long as she had her ships everything was still going according to plan.
 
‘Excellent, thanks and great jo’-
 
However, just as Lucy was rejoicing a sudden hair raising feeling from her vampiric senses caused her to instinctually bank hard left just as several silver daggers stabbed at the space she was once at.
 
“Surprise!” said the priest as he flew a few meters behind Lucy on a large rock, “Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?”
 
‘This fucker again’ cursed Lucy internally
 
‘Oh no master what do we do?’
 
‘Hang on tight!’
 
At that moment, Lucy lowered her left wing and corkscrewed down before diving toward the priest in a perfect arc while firing blood daggers in quick succession.
 
The priest, caught unaware, had no time to dodge and instead had to rely on his Telekinesis to push the blood daggers off course.
 
SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH
 
‘There master! Did you see that’ Sera’s voice chimed in telepathically, ‘that pink ring on his finger, it lit up when he just used his telekinesis. It did the same thing during my battle with him as well! Don’t you think it’s connected to his power master?’
 
Lucy did in fact notice the strange glow of the pink  ring just now, however she didn’t have time to formulate a response to Sera as the priest was already counterattacking.
 
Priest Cleary swung his chain increasingly faster as it slowly extended in length. After the pure silver chain reached 3 meters long he launched it toward Lucy as a high pitched whistling sound filled the air.
 
Faced with the incoming attack from below Lucy beat her huge wings as hard as she could, shooting forward like a bolt of lightning high into the air.
 
She figured by moving out of range of the incoming chain she’d successfully dodged the attack however once again the ring on the priest’s index finger lit up as the chain amazingly changed direction and followed Lucy in mid air!
 
The priest then threw out a second silver chain that flew out towards Lucy’s direction with even more velocity than the first.
 
These chains were streaming towards Lucy extremely fast and were obviously under the direct control of the Priest based on their midair maneuvers.
 
Furthermore, Lucy had only just noticed the first chain’s peculiar movements and as soon as she moved to make evasive maneuvers a burning pain began to emanate from her chest area.
 
"Urgh!" she exclaimed as she gripped her dead heart
 
'T-This pain... so ...familiar... Nox must have completed the change!' Lucy realized with a gasp.

12