Chapter 57 – Nick of Time
402 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Continued)
 
Unbeknownst to her however, at this moment a strange scene was taking place on the organ as a strange and crimson looking rune began to magically appear on it. Sadly these series of events caught Lucy completely unaware and made her lose focus on the battle.
 
As such her thin ankle was caught off guard by the second chain.
 
Lucy was shocked but suppressed her surprise and prepared to Shadowjump to escape the now burning restraint. But just as she could feel the cold familiar touch of the shadows embracing her body, the pure silver chain snaked even higher up her leg and seemed to dispel all the shadows.
 
A startled gasp escaped Lucy’s mouth as she felt the loss of the shadows touch. Her escape had failed.
 
Seizing the moment, the Priest yanked on the pure silver chain with all his might. He then grabbed the chained katana at his waist and launched it towards Lucy’s stationary figure in the air.
 
The Priest had put his all into this attack, with another albeit dimmer glow from his ring the flying silver sword rocketed even faster toward Lucy.
 
Lucy on the other hand had barely managed to recover from the shock of her vampiric powers being suppressed and being yanked about the sky, when she noticed the katana flying towards her.
 
She looked at the at the pure silver katana aimed at her heart and used what was left of her Blood Energy to use her Blood Domain ability.
 
However just as she began to form the blood around her into a defensive measure, a shocking scene unfolded.
 
WHOOSH
 
To everyone’s shock, just as Lucy was about take the flying katana head on a huge red blur flew by and knocked the blade out of the sky before flying back towards Lucy.
 
SMASH
 
With one clean cut, the armored figure destroyed the silver chain wrapped around Lucy’s ankle.
 
No one could believe their eyes because it soon became apparent that the pale hulking figure in menacing crimson armor was naturally Nox.
 
And judging by his eye-catching blood red eyes, slightly darker and longer chestnut hair, huge batlike wings,  as well as the characteristic flawless pale skin Nox had already fed for the first time and successfully completed his transformation before showing up.
 
“Poor poor child, I shouldn’t have sent you with that demon” the priest stared at Lucy with a reignited hatred burning in his eyes.
 
Lucy ignored the priest’s tantrum before extending a delicate hand towards the newly transformed knight. And with no hesitation Nox carefully took the smaller lithe hand into his own huge and armored hand before gently planting a kiss upon it.
 
“Thank you master” was all he said with a fanged smile
 
Sera and Lucy were shocked yet glad beyond measure to see Nox as a vampire. They could even now feel the familiar blood bond connecting the three of them together. Their coven had grown.
 
But the priest was disgusted beyond measure at the scene before him and seeing how all three vampires completely ignored his existence he soon began to grow even angrier while chanting lowly as well.
 
“I’ll send all three of you demons back to hell where you came from!” the priest surprise attacked, “Rank III spell, Rock Rise!”
 
Suddenly raucous rumbling could be heard below the group of vampires as one by one boulders of various shapes and sizes began to levitate and fly toward them.
 
“Watch out!” warned Lucy as a particularly large boulder narrowly missed Nox’s head however the next second she also had to take evasive maneuvers from the incoming projectiles.
 
But at that moment the priest’s ring shone with a glaring pink light before cracking down the middle as he summoned his fallen silver katana and made his move.
 
WHOOSH
 
Priest Cleary roughly swiped his hand still shining with the pink light.
 
A powerful telekinetic wave that even caused the air to ripple then crashed into Nox’s crimson figure. A second later, the newborn vampire knight fell from the sky with shocking velocity.
 
SWOOSH
 
Not yet finished, Priest Cleary rocketed right behind Nox’s falling form with his silver katana poised to strike.
 
'Oh No!' Lucy despaired as she flew after the two, narrowly dodging boulders along the way. A cold sweat had begun to appear on her back at the thought of not making it in time.
 
BANG
 
With a cacophonous echo Nox’s body collided hard with the forested ground below creating a small crater where he crash landed.
 
He remained where he’d landed and tried to regain his bearings for a moment, although he was relatively unhurt to his surprise, an uncomfortable and chilling feeling made him feel like something was wrong…
 
“Die!” yelled the priest out of nowhere as he rapidly descended from above with his katana aimed at Nox’s heart
 
“No!” yelled Lucy who’d also descended opposite of the priest.
 
At that moment time seemed to slow as Nox’s fate uncertainly hung in the balance. As things were now, unless Lucy somehow saved him, there was no way for him to dodge the attack of the priest aimed at his heart in time…
 
But just as Lucy then the Priest both reached their targets, a blinding flash of light happened followed closely by another equally blinding yet golden flash of light...
...

 
12