Volume 1 Prologue: You should become a demon lord!
54 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a world full of darkness and empty space, someone was bored. Very, very bored.

 

“Aah… I’m so bored. Isn’t there anything fun around here.” The voice said to itself while slowly floating around in circles.

 

“AH! I know! Let’s throw a wrench into those old farts gears and mess with them again! They always like to act so damn self-important! It’s been a while since I showed them who’s really the boss around here. Kukuku… Things are starting to look more fun already. Now, let’s have a look at the black straws aah~ which one shall I pick~ ” The voice slowly drifted off and as the presence vanished, leaving behind the great vast emptiness..

 

“That will be 510 yen.” The female clerk blushed slightly while handing over the man’s groceries. 

 

“Aah, a pack of cigarettes as well please.” The man said while scratching his head.

 

“Hai, that will be a total of 830 yen.” The man handed over the money and left the convenient store while smiling slightly at the rose cheeked female clerk. 

 

Outside was dark and cold this time of year. The cold could be seen as the man’s breath froze in the cold air, forming small clouds as he blew warm air into his hands trying to keep them warm. The sound of snow crunching underneath his boots continued as he walked home during the snowfall.

 

“Fuuh… fuuh… “ (Man)

 

“Oi oi! Ol’ man, wait up a bit.” The man turned around to find out that he had been called out to by some thugs… no, calling them thugs would be giving them too much credit, these punks looked just like high schooler delinquents. What were these guys doing here in the middle of the night in such a big group, there must be at least 15 people in that group. Scary. The man thought as he looked over at them.

 

“... is there something I can help you with?” The man said with a bored look on his face.

 

“AHH?! Can’t you tell by lookin’ at us, huh?!”

 

“Are you messin’ with us you bastard, huh?!” 

 

The punks started acting rowdy and threatening while voicing out some insults against the man who was standing in the street underneath the streetlight holding his groceries bag in his left hand and his lit cigarette in the right hand.

 

“Suuuu…” The man took a smoke before opening his mouth to answer the rude punks. 

 

“Fuuu… I have not got the foggiest idea as to who you punks are and neither do I care. Is there some business  you have with me or not? Otherwise I’m going home.” The man said to the group while keeping a calm look on his face.

 

“WHA-?! You fucking bastard! You ain’t leaving until we say you can leave!!” The group was taken by surprise as the man they were threatening did not even look afraid of them. They surrounded the man to prevent him from leaving.

 

The monkeys are getting even more rowdy than before, I don’t understand why, did I say something wrong? The man was thinking to himself.

 

“Oi oi don’t leave before I’ve told you what our business with you is, ex-sensei. Isn’t that kind of rude?” The first delinquent who called out to him said in a condescending tone as he stepped forward out of the group with a wry smile on his face.

 

“...”  As the man looked closer at the punk who stepped out in front of him, he thought something was familiar about him but he couldn’t quite place his finger on it. The punk had short hair that looked spiky and it was dyed blond. On his face were several piercings. Nose, eyebrow, ears and a lip piercing. “Kids these days...” The man said under his breath to himself.

 

“So, hurry up and state your business then, I’m not so free as to have time to hang around with a bunch of punks in the middle of the night, especially when the weather is this friggin’ cold.” The man said with a bit of impatience in his voice as the cold air was getting very uncomfortable. The man wanted to hurry up and go home, snuggle under his kotatsu to warm himself while reading his new magazines he went all the way out to buy.

 

“ A-ah... to business then.” The blond pierced punk was feeling a bit off from such a cold response, he had thought the man would be flustered in his voice at the least, even shaking in his boots wouldn’t be strange to see while being surrounded by a big group. Something about this man’s eyes felt strange.

 

*cough* the punk recomposed himself after giving a slight cough before continuing.

 

“Do you remember around two years ago, at a certain high school there was a big incident involving a kid that jumped off the roof of the school building, and in turn several delinquents were found to be involved in bullying and were expelled from the school. We’re here to pay back the favor…!” The blonde pierced punk said while his lips parted into a twisted grin.

 

The blond pierced punk then proceeded to take out a butterfly knife out of his pocket and brandished it while the rest of the delinquents all took out different harmful things you’d expect from a group of delinquents to have. Brass knuckles, baseball bats, iron pipes… 

 

The man glared at the pierced punk while clenching his jaw. “Aah… I knew I’d seen him somewhere before.” The man made a sour face as he remembered this punk.

 

This punk had been the ringleader of a group of delinquents in the previous school the man had worked in as a teacher. They were also the ones who had caused the death of that kid that had jumped off the school’s roof. They had bullied several other students during their time in the school.

 

 He’d heard about an unclosed case involving a female student who had slit her wrists at her home in the bathtub, rumours said that it was because she was bullied by the females of the delinquent group in front of him. There were even rumours they had lured her out and raped her while recording it and then forced her through blackmail to “service” them whenever they wanted to.

 

They were a vicious and despicable bunch of kids who deserved worse than just being expelled but since they were minors at the time there were really no severe punishments handed out and also because of the lack of evidence the crimes could not be proven officially. 

 

The man was the one who had sifted through the campus security cameras for footage of the bullying. He had even set up hidden cameras in places delinquents would gather on campus and gathered evidence against them during home-visits as an excuse.

 

He had taken extra care as to not be discovered when gathering and handling the evidence, but in the end nobody is perfect. The delinquents had somehow found out that he was responsible for their expulsion and reputation going through the dirt. After searching for 2 years after him who caused them so much trouble they had finally found out where he lived and had waited to ambush him. 

 

“... I think that’s a really long time to carry a grudge.” The man said while shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head at them. The man had quit his job at the school and skipped town to avoid getting caught up in something like this since no matter how many lives he had it wouldn’t be enough if he got caught after all this trouble. Inside he was cursing himself for his carelessness. After 2 years he had let down his guard completely and mostly forgotten about it.

 

“SHUTTUP!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHIT YOU’VE CAUSED US!!? AAH!? OUR NORMAL LIVES ARE FUCKING OVER BECAUSE OF YOU!!” The pierced punk screamed at the top of his lungs, his face red and his forehead had veins showing.

 

“You call bullying little kids into suicide and raping girls “normal lives”? That’s some twisted thinking. Are you sure your brains aren’t completely made out of shit?” The man said with an indifferent tone towards the delinquents while slowly shaking his head to the side going “yare yare” while giving out a small sigh at the end.

 

“...!!”  The punks were visibly seething in rage from the man’s words, you could see steam rising from their faces that were so warm against the cold of the night. Why would he even say something like that to them? What the hell was the man thinking?! 

 

Let’s find out shall we!

 

(“Uuuhoooo….! I’m soooo dead! Uoooh! They even surrounded me before I could notice it… and those weapons look like they’d hurt a lot… aah I really don’t want to diiiieee~! I had so much more anime to live for! I’ve got too many regrets to die! I haven’t even pushed down a woman yet! Don’t screw with me! Shit shit shit SHIT! I don’t want to die a virgin goddamnit! If I’d know this was going to happen I should have made love to that female teacher at that time! Agh! Why did I act like a model teacher at that time and avoid work relationships?! Huff… huff… I even got tired from ranting mentally… Aah fuck it.  Might as well say something cool and get time riled up so they don’t torture me and just get it over with I guess. I don’t really like painful things… uuuu… I’m gonna cry.”)

 

The man was crying inside his heart.

 

“””“!! YOU FUCKER!! DIIIIEEEEeeeEEe!!!”””” They couldn’t control their rage any longer as the punks all threw themselves at the man brandishing all their weapons in hope to smash in his face even one second faster.

 

“Ah.” The first hit with a baseball bat from behind to the man’s temple knocked him unconscious to the ground.

 

*Bishi, bashi, bari, zaku…*

 

The man was thoroughly beaten, kicked, punched, stabbed to death in a matter of minutes… the last thought floating inside the man’s consciousness was that he never got to read his new ero-mags after all...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Floating… a feeling of forever floating towards the surface came over the man...

 

“...” (Voice)

 

“...ak u-!” (Voice)

 

“...ak up!” (Voice)

 

“WAKE UP ALREADY!!” (Angry Voice!)

 

*Beshi!* 

 

“OUCH!!?” The man felt a sharp pain on his forehead as he jolted upright from the sudden pain holding his face.

 

“You finally woke up huh? About time, I was going to try boiling you if you didn’t wake up from that.” A voice told the man from somewhere closeby. 

 

“... EEEeeehh!? Isn’t it “Throw cold water on you to wake you up” ?! Who in their right mind would suddenly boil a sleeping person!?” The man’s heart jumped at the sudden absurd notion of boiling him suddenly.

 

“... I would?” The voice said in a way as to ask why something so obvious was shocking. 

 

“YOU WOULD?!” The man jumped to his feet and retreated from the voice that he felt was just to his right side in a hurry.

“Ooooi… you don’t have to be so afraid, I said I was going to do it if you didn’t wake up. But you’re awake now so you don’t have to worry so much about it anymore.” The voice called out to the man as he was backing away, trying to reassure him.

 

“?! But I still have to worry about it a bit?!” The man was sweating inside his heart as the voice did not claim it was a joke. 

 

“Tsk… you really like to nitpick at the small details huh?” The voice clicked its tongue at the man who was panicking so much from a simple threat. Feeling a bit annoyed it voiced another threat to the man. “As long as you don’t upset me I won’t boil you alive or anything for no reason.”

 

*gulp*

 

An audible gulp could be heard echoing throughout the empty space. The man finally calms down enough to take a look at his surroundings.

 

(“Eh? There’s nothing here!? No light, no floor, no walls, no roof or sky…? What is going on… The last thing I remember is running out of smokes and going to the convenience store to buy new ones and pick up some fresh ero-mags. That cashier lady was really cute… she even blushed when she scanned the magazines. She couldn’t have been more than 20. Full lips, massive tits and well formed hips. She was short as well! Must have been a bit over 150 cm. Aaah~ she was so cute! I don’t think even a G-cup would be an exaggeration if I had to guess. Those tits on a 150 cm girl should be illegal. After that… I was walking home while having a smoke, Cursing under my breath about how frigging cold it was and enjoyed some delusions about that cashier lady… then… “)

 

*shudder*

 

“I. Died.” The man grasped both of his shoulders as he shudders as he states the fact he remembered.

 

“Pin Pon! That’s riiight~!” The voice made a cheerful voice at the man’s realization.

 

“But I’m still alive?! How am I still alive?! And who are you anyway!? Why can’t I see you?!” The man was confused and showered the voice with a bunch of questions in a panic. 

 

“Aaha~! You don’t have to yell everything, I can hear you just fine so calm down alright?” The voice sounded a bit troubled and annoyed at the man and tried telling him to calm down first.

 

“Wha-?! How can I be calm?! I just got beaten to death here, literally beaten to death by a bunch of kids!” The man was grasping his head remembering what had happened.

 

“... I’ll skin you alive and boil you if you don’t stop shouting and calm down.” You could hear a vein pop as the voice spoke in an irritated voice.

 

A massive killing intent so thick you could almost touch it could be felt from all around the man making him tremble and pant in fear while sweat started to form on his forehead.

 

The man tried to force out some words to respond to the sudden threat “I… I-I’m very calm. I won’t shout anymore. We can just talk about this okay? No need to threaten anyone here…I’m the very epitome of calmness” The man said with a cramped smile on his face.

 

*Jiiiiiiii-* (staaaaare)

 

The man felt a gaze on him for a while.

 

“... Then that’s fine! Anyway! Now that you’ve calmed down and everything, go ahead and become a demon lord of another world for me please~! ” The voice said in a cheerful manner. 

 

“WHAT THE FUCK!!?” The man dropped his jaw as he screamed.

 

*Jiiiiii-* (staaaaare)

 

*chough* The man remembered the threat just now and recomposed himself quickly.

 

“What I meant to ask was if you’d be willing to clarify what you just said so that I could possibly understand what in the world is actually going on, if you don’t mind.” The man said this in the direction he thought the voice was coming from in the empty space and looked around nervously while sweating cold sweat inside his heart. He really doesn't want to be skinned and boiled alive at this point in time… or any other time for that matter.

 

*Haa-* (sigh)

 

“I suppose it can’t be helped. Short story, I want you to be reincarnated into another world as a demon lord and mess everything up in that world.” The voice said with a slight proud feeling to it.

 

“Haa… and why would you want me to do that?” The man asked while slightly dumbstruck.

 

“Because I was bored!” The voice stated cheerfully.

 

“HAAAH!? Because you are bored you want me to reincarnate into another world as a demon lord and destroy everything?! Wouldn’t normally I become a hero or something to save the world?!” The man’s mouth was hanging open after what the voice had told him.

 

“Eh? Why would I need a hero? Of course I’ll want a demon lord? What a funny thing to say… but from the way you said that just now… do you perhaps have knowledge about summoned heroes?” The voice sounded a bit confused after hearing the man mention heroes, the voice had not even mentioned it once before after all.

 

“Eh? Well, yes? I guess? It’s almost common knowledge by this point? A hero gets summoned to another world to defeat the demon lord or a big threat to the world and lives happily ever after or something. It’s a very common concept these days you know?” The man sat down on the vast nothingness while talking to the voice.

 

“Eh?” 

 

“Eh?”

 

Both voices let out a dumb sound.

 

“W-w-w-why do you know that?! What was your previous world like?! I should have drawn you from a backwater world without magic, not to mention summoned heroes or demon lords!  A backwater of a world with a bunch of uneducated barbarians with no knowledge of anything! Nee! Why?! Why!? Tell me!” The voice was sounding very nervous and confused from hearing this from the man.

 

“Well, what you said is mostly true I suppose.” The man said while rubbing his chin a bit while nodding.

 

“Then why do you know about it?!” The voice shouted the question at the man.

 

“Because we dreamt of it… I guess?” The man was as puzzled as the voice at this point. He was wondering why we even dreamt of magical things and imagined stories of such adventures in the first place. He really had no idea, those things were all impossible after all, so how come we imagined it?

 

“Ah… ahaha… I really picked the worst straw… uuuuu...  and I was going to have so much fun watching you mess up that world… *hikku* … now I have to wait for my powers to replenish before I can perform another summoning… bad luck doesn’t even come close to describing it.” The voice sounded like it was crying while it was complaining to itself.

 

“... excuse me for questioning you while you are feeling down but, what will happen to me now?” The man was worried for the voice… and himself of course. Thinking about it for a bit the man could guess what had happened to some extent. 

 

Apparently the voice had felt bored and wanted to summon a demon lord to destroy and mess up a world, it had also summoned me from a backwater planet with no magic, no heroes and no demon lords. As to why… he could not figure it out.

 

“Ne~ What will happen to me now?” The man repeated his question to the voice.

 

“... mhn, well I guess I could ask you since it’s worth a shot.” The voice said faintly, sounding like it had lost all hope in the world.

 

“Eh? Well, ask away. Asking is free anyway, I won’t mind.” The man said in surprise over how sad the voice sounded.

 

“Would you go and become a demon lord and destroy the world for me?” The voice said with a slight hope in it.

 

“I REFUSE!” The man said instantly and firmly denied the request outright.

 

“Guh! Pretty please~? Pretty pretty please~?” The voice started to nag like a little child at the man.

 

“Who the hell would want to become a demon lord?! And even if there was someone why did you pick me? I don’t want to become a demon lord! Who the hell are you anyway to summon a demon lord!?” The man was getting a little angry, of course he didn’t want to destroy a world when asked and possibly kill everyone in it.

 

Sure, the man didn’t feel like he had that much of a moral compass to begin with but a demon lord was out of the question for him. Because obviously, if someone can summon a demon lord, it wouldn’t be strange for someone else to summon a hero or even heroes,  to defeat the evil demon lord. He really didn’t want to suffer the fate as those demon lords in novels and animes he had seen and read about. 

 

“God” The voice answered back.

 

“Eh?” (Man)

 

“Eh?” (God)

 

“EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH!!?!” The man’s jaw nearly unhinged from the surprise of what the voice stated. Of Course, thinking about calmly the man might have arrived at that conclusion a lot earlier, but he had not been calm since the start afterall.

 

“GOD?! Like THE god!?” The man’s surprise was plastered all over his face at this time and his face was pale white from the shock.

 

“Why is THAT the only thing to surprise you?! Well, I’m not your world's god. Just your friendly neighborhood evil god. You can call me Jashin-sama if you’d like.” Jashin-sama was a bit surprised over the man’s reaction to her stating she is a god but she was also amused at the reaction so she told him to call her Jashin-sama. Of course that is not her real name but it will do. She thought.

 

“Ehh… evil god Jashin… sama?” The man restated her name in a long pause as a question since he thought that it couldn't be her name… right?

 

“... oi why was there a pause there?” Jashin-sama felt a bit annoyed because he questioned the “sama” part.

 

“Ah?! N-no I didn’t mean to offend you or anything Jashin-sama! It’s just that I’ve never believed in gods before so it was a little hard to accept it so fast. I’ve always been a man of science as a teacher and a human being.  But now I’m a firm believer in gods and Jashin-sama without a doubt!” The man started boot-kissing the self-proclaimed god called Jashin-sama, after all. He still didn’t want to be boiled alive.

 

“Sci-en-ce…? Ah well whatever I’m somehow tired of it all now… I had hoped you’d been from an undeveloped world of non-magic since you’d have no knowledge of a demon lord and would have been ready to accept it… I’ve already drained my powers and summoned you so go ahead and pick your skills and be done with it. I just want to sleep and regain my powers to perform another summoning as soon as possible.” Jashin-sama sounded really disappointed that she’d spent all that energy and gained absolutely nothing from it.

 

“Eh?! Skills? What kind of world is it that I’m reincarnating into anyway? Hm … If it has skills I assume it has magic and swords, adventurers and demons and demi-humans and the like right?” The man threw out the basic template of things he’d picked up from reading.

 

“... ugh… how do you even know any of that? You’re supposed to come from a world without any of it, you even told me so… uuuuu… how can I draw such a bad black straw? It should be impossible for a world without magic to have any knowledge of magic and you even know such things.” Jashin-sama sounded to be on the verge of crying again.

 

“Ah… I’ll take that as a yes then… sorry.  But skills huh… you told me to pick some but how do I do that?” The man stood up to look around with a hand scratching his head. There really was nothing anywhere he looked as far as he could tell.

 

“Here, use this. “  

 

*fwish!*

 

A screen appeared in front of the man. It looked like a computer interface floating in mid air like a hologram.

 

“Use that to assign skill points to the skills you want and call me when you’re done, I’ll take a nap in the meantime, use that golden bell to wake me up when you are done and I’ll send you on your way… *yawn*” Jashin-sama said with an indifferent tone as she was preparing to go to sleep.

 

The man was very familiar with computers since he used it in everyday life and tried to swipe the screen and test out various things. What he noticed was that it functioned like a touch screen and would follow him around always within reach. 

 

“Oh well, better get started then I guess. You don’t happen to have any advice Jashin-sama?” The man asked as he sat down and started fiddling with the interface.

 

“Nna-? How about using the skill points to unlock the demon lord skill? It comes with a bunch of skills attached to it. I highly recommend it!” Jashin-sama said with a glee in her voice.

 

“................. I was stupid to ask, sorry, please enjoy your nap.” The man said while rubbing his creased brows that had formed.

 

“Umu. Good night~” Jashin-sama’s voice trailed off and her presence disappeared as well.

 

(“Now… what to do. It seems like I have a lot of skill points?! What’s with these numbers?!”) The man was staring at the interface completely gobsmacked at what he saw.

 

Skill Selection Window.

「Skill points available: 100 000.」

 

「Skills available for selection.

Hero Cost: 100 000

Demon lord Cost: 100 000

Demi-god Cost: 100 000

Immortal Cost: 100 000

Half-dragon Cost: 100 000

Infinite Magic Cost: 100 000

Space-time Magic Cost: 100 000 」

(“OI OI OI OI!? The list just goes on and on with all these crazy cheats! And why do I get to pick them?! Is it because Jashin-sama was too lazy and handed over the choices to me  because I didn’t want to become a demon lord…? My skill points were meant to be used to unlock the demon lord skill huh… well, I suppose that makes sense. But what are all these sub-windows?”) The man tried opening a sub-window to inspect with the touch of his index finger.

 

STATUS

Lvl: 1 

Exp 0/10

Age: 34 years.

Race: Human (earthling)

Gender: Male

HP: 24/24

MP: 0/0

Stamina: 100/100

Strength: 5

Agility: 6

Spirit: 4

Intelligence: 48

Wisdom: 99

Luck: 5

Skill points: 0

Skills: None.

Resistances: None

Special skills: Shape shifting lvl 1

 

Titles: None.

 

(“Eeeeeeh..!? What’s with these numbers?! Zero MP? Doesn’t that mean I can’t use magic? Well, duh. I’m an “earthling” from some backwater non-magic world after all… I think my pride took a hit from that somehow. I’ve never really felt inferior without magic since we had science… but I’ve never seen real magic so I can’t really compare it either way. I can assume that the rest of the numbers are the average for a level 1 hillbilly… but my intelligence stats and wisdom stats are really high for some reason. Maybe because I was a teacher in my previous life? And there is my hobby to consider as well.. Well, who cares, I can modify my status using the skill points apparently so maybe I should try that out? I won’t be taking the demon lord skill or any of those super expensive skills since they seem to be nothing but troublesome and would probably attract a lot of attention. There are some other sub-windows, but I’ll figure it out as I go. YOSSHAA! Let’s get fired up!”) The man rolled up his imaginary sleeves as he started to press away at the interface.

 

Five weeks later.

 

(“YEAAAAAH!!! Finally done! Aaah… that took a lot of time. Luckily I don’t get hungry or anything in this place, otherwise I would have made some hasty choices and regretted it later. Like that corrosive skill… just thinking about it makes me shiver! Who would ever get a skill that melts both you and your opponent?! Getting the corrosive resistance skill and leveling it might have worked but the resistance skills are really expensive for some reason.

 

The corrosive attack lvl 1 skill costs 5000 skill points, but the resistance for it costs 50 000 points at level 1! I don’t understand why! So stupid. There were a lot of those skills that would’ve hurt you in the process of using them... I had to filter through thousands upon thousands of skills… ugh my head hurts just thinking about it. It took more than a week to just find a skill I wanted and then using the points I possessed to modify the statuses in the sub-windows… I’m probably going to have nightmares of this for a while... Oh well, at least I can call Jashin-sama now that I’m finally done with it all.”)

 

*cling, cling* the man rang the golden bell he had picked up

 

“... … … … … … … … … …” 

 

*CLING CLING CLING!!*

 

“YOU BETTER NOT HAVE JUST LEFT ME HERE FOREVER BECAUSE I DIDN’T WANT TO BECOME A DEMON LORD!!” The man was waving the bell with all his strength as hard as he could.

 

“Aah! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! So noisy! Who’s making all that noise with that damn bell?! I can’t sleep with all this noise!” Jashin-sama’s voice resonated in the void.

 

“... Umm. Sorry Jashin-sama, but I’m done with distributing the skill points and are ready to be reincarnated. You told me to call you with this bell you handed to me before going off to sleep again.” The man sat in seiza inside the empty space.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Eh?”

 

… two dumbstruck voices follow after each other.

 

“W-w-w-well of course I told you to call me! I could never forget a man’s face after seeing him once, much less completely forget about his existence after having a short nap…!” Jashin-sama was sweating in her heart after realizing that she had completely forgotten all about this man’s existence. Even now she’s trying to remember him desperately to not make a fool of herself in front of this man who had suddenly appeared inside her domain.

 

“... Ehem!” The man coughed into his fist to gain Jashin-sama’s attention once again. “That’s all good and well Jashin-sama, I don’t have any complaints. I simply wish to be reincarnated into the world that you had intended for me to go to when you first summoned me to this place.” The man was very clear and respectful in his speech towards Jashin-sama… assuming he was right in his assumption that she had forgotten most, if not everything about him already. And that it couldn't hurt to make a good ‘first impression’ on an all powerful evil god.

 

“I see, I see. Well in that case it can’t be helped. I’ll just take a quick peek at your skill selections and status before sending you off then. One moment.” 

 

Jashin-sama summoned back the skill window from the man with a snap of her fingers… at least it sounded like her fingers. She must have fingers to make that kind of sound. The man thought to himself as he pondered if Jashin-sama even had a real body…

 

“Um, Jashin-sama, not to be rude or anything but why have I not been able to see you for this entire time?” The man slightly bowed his head when asking the question.

 

“Eh? Aah, I lost most of my celestial body a long time ago so I prefer not to show it. Simple as that, nothing to worry yourself  about.” Jashin-sama said in a nonchalant tone as she continued to look over the skill window.

 

(“Eeeh?! Losing most of your body is nothing to worry about?! … Let’s drop this. I know way too little about god’s and magic to even begin understanding these things.”) The man had a cramped smile on his face as he tried to hide his surprise with a poker face.

 

“Well then, let’s see what you’ve picked… eh?! What with this?!” Jashin-sama raised her voice in confusion as she observed the man’s selections.

STATUS

Lvl: 1 

Exp 0/10

Age: 34 years.

Race: Human (earthling)

Gender: Male

HP: 24/24

MP: 0/0

Stamina: 100/100

Strength: 5

Agility: 6

Spirit: 4

Intelligence: 48

Wisdom: 99

Luck: 5

Skill points: 0

Skills: None.

Resistances: None

Special skills: Shape shifting lvl 1

 

Titles: None.

 

Quite some time passed after Jashin-sama said that.

 

“Um… Jashin-sama? Is there some kind of problem?” The man asked while his legs were starting to fall asleep.

 

“Eh?! Well. No, not exactly… but, didn’t I summon you here?” Jashin-sama seemed to be very confused from what she saw in the skill window.

 

“Yes you summoned me here from a backwater planet to become a demon lord but I refused your offer since I had previous knowledge of the world of magic, heroes and demons even when I was from a backwater planet.” The man was bowing deeply to show that he was sincere when he spoke to Jashin-sama. Though his feet were twitching from falling asleep.

 

“Ah… I see… I didn’t think that I’d fallen so low that I could only summon a creature of your quality when I was trying to summon a demon lord candidate… even then… are you sure you’ll be alright with just the shape shifting skill? It’s only used by the lowest class of monsters you know? Like the Mimic slimes and some Vox monsters that will sometimes mimic Treasure chests in dungeons and attack adventurers who are dumb enough to fall for it... I don’t see why you’d pick this over everything else. Shape shifting doesn’t even cost that many skill points, it’s only a 100 points skill. It’s what’s called a “Trash skill” even among monsters you know?” 

 

Jashin-sama was very perplexed over his choice and stats. In her opinion you would want to spend those skill points on stats instead to better survive since stats points can be converted from skill points to stats points in a 1-to-1 ratio making you pretty strong even as a level 1 by distributing 100 skill points into 100 status points. Even 100 stats straight into Luck she felt would have been a smarter choice since Luck was priceless and almost impossible to increase after birth. 

 

She told the man this but he simply shook his head telling her it’s fine as it is, he spent a lot of time deciding on this choice after all so that he would absolutely not regret it later.

 

“Fine, then I won’t say anything else about it. Are there any last requests you’d like? I could bless you with「Language Comprehension」If you’d like since I feel that you will have a hard time with only one skill going into that world?” The man shakes his head yet again and does not say anything anymore. “I see… what a strange fellow. I will atleast give you one point into your MP stats, otherwise you’d never survive in that world after all… Take care of yourself. I won’t be watching over you since I will be sleeping but others will perhaps take a look if you garner their favor. Good luck with your new life.” Jashin-sama sounded a bit confused and sad but still sincere in her words of goodbyes to the strange man who had appeared in her domain while she slept.

 

“Thank you very much for this opportunity Jashin-sama, I hope you can recover your body one day.” The man said as light welled up all around him. 

 

Light so bright that the man could no longer keep his eyes open surrounded him. The man lost his consciousness as the light enveloped him completely and shot off through the vast emptiness, towards his new world. His new life.

“Ah! I forgot to ask his name…! Oh well, I would have forgotten it once I fell asleep again anyway *yaaawn* good night~”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Smack!*

 

(“OOUCH!! Who the hell hit my ass!? ...Eh? Eh!? EEEEEEEEEHHH!!? THAT’S SOME HUGE BOOBIES!! UHYAA! SO SOFT~!”)

 

… Thus our main protagonist became aware that he was indeed successfully reincarnated as a baby.

 

Current status & skills.

 

STATUS

Name: None.

Lvl: 1 

Exp 0/10

Age: 0 years.

Race: Palrevian (Human)

Gender: Male

HP: 19/24

MP: 1/1

Stamina: 1/10 (100)

Strength: 0 (5)

Agility: 0 (6)

Spirit: 1 (4)

Intelligence: 48

Wisdom: 99

Luck: 5

 

Skills: None.

Resistances: None

Special skills: [Shape Shifting lvl 1]

 

Titles: [Black Straw]

1This was written along time ago on a differnt page, it might not format very well, but if I write anything new (chapter 4-5) then I'll try to make it look good on this site and get more familiar with the tools at hand.2If you made it through the Prologue, thank you very much for reading! From here on the writing format might look very different! Any feedback from chapter 1+ is welcome... the prolgue was really written in a haste after all.

3