To be or Not to be
580 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Arc 1. Helping the “White Lotus” find peace



 

Han Jun’s  POV

 

Walking to the study with my butler next to me. He looks at me and coughed. 

 

“Master it seems like you and Young Master Yu get along well”

 

Hearing him mention Yu my heart melted. Expression softening I hummed. “We are now lovers” 

 

Nodding the butler smiled “I’m glad you found him, you’ve searched for him since you were a little boy”

 

Stopping to look at me the butler's face softened. 

“Remembering the day you smiled for the first time your eyes sparkled as you told me about a boy you saw in your dreams, saying you knew he was meant for you. It was one of the happiest days for everyone” 

 

 

Looking at the old man that had a big smile on his face I smiled. 

 

“I will always be thankful to the people working in this mansion, you still helped me look for him, even though back then you thought it was just a small child’s nonsense”

 

Shaking his head the butler looked out the window into the garden. Following his gaze, my expression hardened. Outside in the garden was a small gazebo with a small table and two chairs.

 

“Young Master… do you remember what your teacher always said”

 

Reminiscing I could hear a gruff and deep female voice.

 

 

“Hey little rich kid, I’m your teacher Diana, Call me Día. Your parents hired me to be your tutor” 

 

Looking at the tall woman with messy dark red hair and black eyes I wrinkled my brows.

 

“Are you sure you’re a teacher? 

 

Walking over Día smacked me in the head. Gripping my head I looked up at her. 

 

“What’s wrong with you?!

 

“Don’t judge people based on their appearance...it’s a bad habit to have”

 

With a small smile on my face, I chuckled “what out of the many things she always told me?

 

Chuckling the butler sighed “she was an interesting person that woman”

 

Nodding I looked at him “so what were you saying? 

 

Looking outside the window he smiled.   “Remember she was always telling you that as long as it made you happy you should fight for it”

 

Nodding I chuckled  “She always said happiness comes In many forms and just like people some happiness comes and goes but to never overlook the type of happiness that always stays”

 

“Día truly cared about you Master”

 

Looking at the small round table and chairs surrounded by flowers in the garden I smiled. 

 

“She was like a mother to me” 

 

Coughing the butler changed the topic “what do you plan to do about Mister Bai?

 

Shaking my head I scoffed “Yu is plotting something so nothing, for now, if he needs my help he’ll tell me” 

 

Walking into the study I frowned “Mister Bai please sit down” 

 

Taking his hand off of the books at my bookcase Luo Bai turned around with a smile. “Ah I was just admiring your book collection, it’s admirable”

 

“Thank you now please take your seat”

 

Humming Lou Bai walked over to the chair across from my desk, sitting down with his legs crossed, he lowered his head acting like he was hesitant to speak. 

 

“Mister Han… I know it’s not my place to say this but di-“

 

Irritated I looked at him, holding back the urge to roll my eyes “Then don’t say it”

 

Being cut off mid-sentence made Lao Bai slightly irritated. “Excuse me?

 

 

Leaning back in my chair I crossed my legs  “If you know it’s not your place then don’t say anything, Mister Bai” 

 

Opening and closing his mouth Luo Bai nervously chuckled. 

 

“Mister Han please don’t misunderstand I don’t mean you any harm but I knew Kai...I mean Yu Jie way before you did and I just thought I would warn you that he-“

 

Luo Bai’s words faded away as I looked at him. Knew him way before me? Ha, what a joke. Yu climbs the social ladder by sleeping with men? Does Luo Bai think I didn’t look him up? What a f*cking idiot.  Feeling pain in my hand I looked down, eyes widening slightly, I looked at my butler waving him over. 

 

 

Leaning towards me my butler's eyes widened alarmed he quickly pressed a napkin on my hand that was bleeding.

 

Putting my finger to my lips I shook my head. Nodding my head at Luo Bai I kept my hand under the desk. 

 

“I see, so you're worried about me. Is that it?

 

Smirking Luo Bai nodded as he put his cup down. “Of course that’s why I’m telling you, Yu Jie is worthless” 

 

Staring at the cup on the table I couldn’t control the rage that filled me. Reaching for the cup I smiled. 

 

 

Thinking I was reaching for his hand Luo Bai leaned in. Gripping the handle of the cup I looked him in the eyes. Fear flashed through Luo Bai’s blue eyes as he tried to lean away. 

 

 

Just as I was about to smash the cup into his head the door to the study was kicked open. Widening my eyes I was in a daze. 

 

“Luo Bai you b*tch! You dare lay your hands on my lover?! I’ll f*cking kill you, two-faced bastard” 

 

Rushing into the room Yu was still wearing my shirt but was now wearing pants. His hair was messy and he was sweating. His face had a cold expression as he grabbed Luo Bai by his collar. 

 

Returning to my senses I tried to grab Yu Jie but it was too late. Raising his fist in the air Yu Jie moved back slightly then used his whole body to propel his fist at Luo Bai. 

 

Just as I had grabbed Yu’s arm. Luo Bai toppled over the couch. Looking at Yu in amazement I felt my heart rate speed up. Looking at Yu that was currently so angry his whole body trembled, I couldn’t help but be amazed. 

 

Turning to look at me, Yu circled me checking to see where I was hurt. Frowning he saw the bloodied napkin Yu’s face contorted in anger. Gently grabbing my hand Yu took off the napkin. Noticing his hands were shaking I frowned. 

 

“Yu it’s not that bad”

 

Looking at my hand Yu didn't answer. Concerned I reached for his face. Turning away from me Yu suddenly kicked Luo Bai to the floor. The maid that was helping Luo Bai up was startled and let Luo Bai hit the floor.  Grabbing Yu from around his waist I lifted him off the floor as he threw kicks at Luo Bai. 

 

 

“Yu calm down! 

 

 

“Let me go! He hurt you! 

 

 

“Yu look at me”

 

 

Turning him around I looked at him. Moving his hair out of his face I froze. Yu is crying. Why does he look so...broken? Why...why is he making that face? Is he hurt?! Where? No, he’s… 

 

 

Placing my hand over Yu’s chest I looked at him

 

 “Does it hurt again?! Yu?!”

 

Gripping his chest Yu cursed “shit” 

End of Han Jun’s POV

-

-

-

 

A few minutes after Jun left I sat in the room and decided I should put some clothes on. Rummaging through Jun’s cabinets I found a pair of pants and slipped them on humming. 

 

 

[System: Master seems to be in a good mood...despite being interrupted earlier]

 

[Yu Jie: of course I am. I and Jun are officially lovers (* >ω<)]

[System: I'm glad you found someone that makes you feel emotions Master] 

 

[Yu Jie: mm Me too]

 

Becoming impatient of waiting in the room. I walked out of Jun’s room, roaming the halls I ran into several workers of the house. Any time they saw me their faces would light up and they would greet me very enthusiastically. 

 

 

“Hello Young Master Good morning”

 

 

Nodding at them I would smile and greet them back

 

 

“Good Morning”

 

 

“Young Master where are you heading to?

 

 

“Oh I’m just looking around”

 

 

“If you need a guide we can get you one”

 

Having so many people greet me with such enthusiasm a sweet and warm feeling bubbled in my chest making me feel embarrassed.

 

“N-No need” Rushing to leave I stopped, looking back I gave them a quick bow mumbling a thank you, then I ran away.  

 

Seeing my flushed face the workers chuckled as they watched me run off

 

“I'm glad he’s such a good kid”

 

“The Master has a good eye”

Slowing down to a light jog I sighed

 [Yu Jie: I hope they don’t think im rude]

 

[System: Highly unlikely Master, seeing how you ran away with your tail in between your legs] 

 

[Yu Jie: … Did not(  ̄ー ̄) ]

 

[System: Master is as threatening as a kitten with its claws clipped] 

 

[Yu Jie: ...Do you not want to live anymore? I’ll help you (งಠ_ಠ)ง]

 

Jumping from the sudden notification I glared at My Little Bun

 

 

[Yu Jie: Wtf why you al-]

 

 

[System: Han Jun’s emotions are fluctuating, sensing high killing intent towards-]

 

Eyes widening I ran through the hall’s rushing to where the study was.

 

[Yu Jie: what that f*cker Luo Bai he dare release killing intent towards my lover?!]

 

Kicking the door open I looked at Luo Bai my eyes ice-cold  “Luo Bai you b*tch! You dare lay your hands on my lover?! I’ll f*cking kill you two-faced bastard” 

 

Feeling my chest hurt I gripped my shirt “Shit”

 

“Yu?! Quickly call a doctor!”

 

Gripping Jun’s shirt I shook my head gritting my teeth I managed to spit out a few words “N-No I’m f-fine”

 

Holding my shoulder Jun shook his head “ How can you say that when your sweating this much”

 

“I-Its because I r-ran here”

 

Jun’s handsome face was contorted in anger and pain as he ordered the workers to call the doctor.

 

Biting my lip I sighed in my heart Such a waste of his handsome face I need to calm him down

 

 

Wrapping my arms around his neck I lifted myself and gave Jun a peck on the lips  “Jun Its ok Im fine look”

 

Letting go I moved back and spun trying to reassure the man that nothing was wrong but before I even finished spinning. Jun gripped me from my waist and pulled me into his arms.

 

Looking up I was startled. Jun had a very ugly look on his face, Looking away from me  He bit his lip. Taking a deep breath he looked down at me with a frown. Why? Why is he looking at me like that?

 

Looking down my lip trembled “A-Are you- sniff” Wiping my eyes with my sleeve I sniffled 

 

“Y-Your m-mad at me?

 

 

Sighing Jun shook his head gently gripping my chin he made me look at him then gave me a long kiss on the forehead “I'm not”

 

“Y-Yes you a-are don’t l-lie”

 

 

Sighing Jun ran his fingers through his hair “Yu Im not mad at you”

Biting my lip I lightly pushed him away looking at the ground I fiddled with my sleeve “I...I’m ...going home”

 

 

Frowning Jun reached out his hand “Yu I-”

 

 

Dodging his hand I raised my arm to cover my face “D-Don’t...I’m leaving”

Rushing out of the room I found a hidden corner and slid down holding my head.

 

 

“H-Hurts...Little B-Bun...gh..mm...It hurts...head”

 

 

[System: #$^ Master..agh...I-Its ok…$^% G-Give me an m%& A Minute]

 

 

Pain flooded my body as though I was being forced out of my body. Fear made me hug myself and rock back and forth. Sweat dripped from my body and I felt light-headed. Soon the pain passed and the look in my eyes changed as I looked around. 

 

 

[Yu Jie: Ha...agh...Little Bun are you ok?]

 

[System: Agh!..Ow...(( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ) Master…]

 

[Yu Jie: Im glad your ok...We should go...I don’t want Jun to see me like this]

 

Tidying up my appearance I walked looking for a maid to ask for my phone. Soon another maid came with my phone looking at me concerned. 

 

“Thank you I’ll be leaving now”

 

Biting their lips the Maids looked at one another looking conflicted. Opening her mouth one of the maids Shook her head.

 

“Young Master the Master is looking for you...Maybe you should talk it out...Besides you don’t look too good”

 

Nodding the other maid gripped her hands to her chest “That’s right our Master is a fine man It’s just...He’s not the best at expressing his emotions...please at least rest in the waiting area”

“I know”

Looking up at the two maids looked dumbfounded “Huh?

 

“I know Han Jun is a very good man...The best I’ve ever met”

 

Smiling I waved them bye and ran down the hall heading for the backyard. Climbing the wall my face paled as I cursed in my heart. F*ck how could I forget...Shit, I upset Jun...ah man I'm going to have to make up for it later.

 

[System: I'm sorry Master it's because I forgot about the conditions after seeing you so happy   (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ)]

 

[Yu Jie: Ahh I can’t believe both of us forgot (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ)]

 

Feet hitting the ground I glanced at the gate one more time before running down the street heading for a more open area to call for my driver.

 

[System: (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ) Han Jun is furious… He just watched the footage of you scaling the wall to leave] 

 

[Yu Jie: (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ)]

[System: (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ)]

[System: Give me 3 days and your body will be normal again]

[Yu Jie: ...So you expect me to avoid Jun for…3 F*cking days?!]

[System: We have to get you emotion fluctuation under control (o;TωT)o]

[Yu Jie:...The pain I felt was different this time...I was almost…Just now?]

[System: ...mm...D-Don’t worry 3 days...We just need 3 days...avoid him for 3 days...T-Then we won’t have to worry about this happening again]

Seeing my family driver pull up I smiled relieved. Opening the door I slid in rushing the driver to hurry back home. “I'm going to be late for school”

 

“We will arrive in time please don’t worry Young Master. Your mother prepared clothes for you to change into. They should be back there somewhere, I’ll raise the window.

Rummaging through the car I found the outfit prepared for me by mother. Pulling on my shirt I began to change. Getting off the car I raced through the halls. Opening the door to the classroom I flinched as the bell rang. Looking at me the teacher looked surprised. 

 

“Well to think you have shown up to class for a whole week Yu Jie”

 

Giving the teacher a slight smile I made my way to my desk. Sitting down I pulled out my books. Feeling someone looking at me I turned.

 

 

Startled a girl with light brown hair pulled into two braids that draped over her shoulder looked down flustered. Her green eyes shifted as she tried to act as if she was reading. Raising my eyebrow I shrugged and looked to the front of the class. 

 

 

Getting up ready to go to lunch I was called out to by the girl with the two braids. Nervously she adjusted her glasses on her nose. Looking at her I sighed

 

“This- Um classmate?

 

Looking up at me she made a small noise. “Y-Yes?!

 

Chuckling I crossed my arms over my chest “Can I know why you called me into...here? I could get in trouble you know”

 

Looking around she looked embarrassed “umm...Well...That um”

 

Raising my eyebrows I leaned against the toilet...Yes, the toilet currently I was standing in the girl’s bathroom crammed into a stall with this petite girl.  Seeing me giving her a questioning look she turned around rummaging through her bag. Looking at me she flipped open a small mirror that is also a concealer. Wrinkling my eyebrows I looked at her even more confused.

 

 

Raising the mirror her cheeks burned as he waved the mirror in front of my face.

 

 

“That...You might get in trouble...our next class is dance class...and um the teacher will definitely notice”

 

Leaning towards the mirror I was at a loss. “Im sorry but what do you mean?

 

“L-Look...Your..N-Neck”

Grabbing the mirror I looked at my neck. After a long silence, my face burned as I looked at myself with my mouth hanging open. Unbuttoning my shirt, the petite girl squealed as she covered her face with her hands.

“W-What are you doing?!

“What the hell?!

Making a crack in between her fingers, I looked at her dumbfounded. Seeing my chest her hands fell as she also looked back at me dumbfounded. Looking at her mirror she shook her head.

“T-There’s no way that’s enough”

 

Sighing loudly I looked up at the ceiling “This beast...He must have done it last night while I was asleep” 

 

Giving me an odd look she sighed “Let’s cover up the ones on the neck first”

 

Nodding I looked at her with worshipping eyes. “Please do”

 

Walking to the cafeteria I learned that this petite girl has been in the same class as the original host for three years. Her name is Li Na, she has the best grades in our year but surprisingly she doesn’t want to be an artist herself but instead, she wants to be a manager. 

 

“As I said BB creme is life-changing ...You need to get some”

“Mmm, I agree...Let’s go shopping after school?

“Sure I have time”

Seeing me approach Lian’s face softened as she waved me over. “Yu where were you?

 

Arriving at the table I introduced Li Na “Lian He this is Li Na she helped me out just now”

 

Standing up Lian He shook Li Na’s hand “Thanks for helping Yu out Li Na”

“No problem”

Looking at her, I and Lian He spoke at the same time “Do you want to eat with us?

Laughing Li Na nodded “Sure”

After school, I, Li Na, and Lian He headed to the mall to buy makeup. One of the host’s wishes was to win at least one award in acting and seeing as how I just upset my lover I had a feeling I was going to need a lot of makeup. 

 

 

Browsing I could feel the weird looks I was getting from the surrounding women in the shop. Looking around Lian frowned. 

 

 

“Is it really that odd for a man to wear makeup” Puffing out her cheeks she humphed and gave them dirty looks. With a smile on my face, I ruffled her hair. 

“Thanks for being mad for me Lian”

Rolling her eyes she scoffed “Of course that’s what friends are supposed to do”  

Walking over Li Na had several shades of makeup in her hands. Standing in front of Yu Jie she compared the shades. Wrinkling her brows she released air through her nose and walked away putting the makeup back.

 

Laughing Lian walked after her to go through the makeup also “I guess none of them matched? 

 

Shaking her head Li Na had a fire in her eyes as she searched through the shades “ No but I’ll find his perfect shade just watch” 

 

Laughing at the two girls that were arguing I felt my heart warm at the sight. 

 

[Yu Jie: Little Bun can you take out the mission list?]

[System: Yes ~Ding~ ] 

 

             ~ World Mission tasks ~

 

  1. Help Lian He escape her tragic fate   Time Limit: 2 Years Complete
  2. Cause Luo Bai’s downfall   Time limit: 3 Years    In progress
  3. Get all of the target peoples affection to 88   Complete
  4. Get the object of revenge affection to 0  Complete

 

           ~Host body wishes~

 

  1. Be the owner of a large company Time Limit: 4 Years  Complete
  2. Win an award for acting Time Limit: 3 Years  In progress

[Yu Jie: Eh? Complete? But I don’t even own a company]

 

[System: I checked….]

 

[Yu Jie: Ok So?]

 

[System: Your man put your name together with his and signed a contract stating that you own just as much as him]

 

[Yu Jie: B-But doesn’t he own the whole company?!]

 

[System:...I'm starting to think that your man is your cheat and not me]

 

[Yu Jie: …]

 

 

[System: You’re supposed to deny it! (╯’□’)╯︵ ┻━┻]

 


 

 My computer charger finally came in the mail today.(~ ̄▽ ̄~) So happy I can finally release Ch.7 

Have a good day my dear readers. (๑╹ω╹๑ )

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 
25