Let me see my man!
513 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 1. Helping the “White Lotus” find peace



 

 

[System: Master there seems to be a change in the mission task for this world]

[Yu Jie: What? Show it to me]

[System: Yes ~ding~]

  ~ World Mission tasks ~

  1. Help Lian He escape her tragic fate   Time Limit: 2 Years Complete
  2. Cause Luo Bai’s downfall   Time limit: 1 Year   In progress
  3. Get all of the target peoples affection to 88   Complete
  4. Get the object of revenge affection to 0  Complete

[Yu Jie: 1 Year?!]

[System: ?! I didn’t think it would be so....short]

[Yu Jie: Doesn’t that mean I’m running out of time?!]

[System: Master we should hurry to complete the task!]

 

As per the request of My Little Bun for 3 days, I avoided Jun but due to the sudden cut on time on getting my revenge on Luo Bai, 3 days turned into a week.  Every day Jun would come and wait in front of the gates of my school. Every time I saw him I would run to the back of the school and climb over the fence to leave.

Lian started to get very concerned and asked me what was wrong, I lied and told her I was preparing a surprise for Jun. Eyes sparkling Lian and Li Na were my covers for the past week. Distracting Jun so I could run away. If not for them I believe I wouldn’t have been able to survive. 

But not all bad came from the past week. Using my anger I took it out on that bastard Luo Bai.  With the help of My Little Bun, I’ve made Luo Bai’s life a living hell. 

Just yesterday I snuck into his house and moved around the things on his bookshelf, hid his shoes, and moved everything in his house slightly to the left. It was very effective at making Luo Bai lose his mind. Thanks to me having to avoid Jun I did all kinds of things that would inconvenience Luo Bai. All out of spite. Thanks to that articles have been surfacing with titles such as. 

“CEO Bai of Essence Media suffering from insomnia?!

“Essence Media accused of manipulating the music charts in favor of their artist”

“Essence Media caught in a scandal after many of Mister Bai’s neighbors received inappropriate magazines meant for Luo Bai the Ceo of Essence Media”

“Essence Media’s CEO caught up in a scandal with an up and coming teenage male idol!

Just thinking about the fact that Luo Bai was trying to be an “Investor” for a young idol is disgusting. Luckily I deleted all of the kid’s information and made sure the spotlight was only on Luo Bai. 

Looking down from the window at Luo Bai from the private room I was sitting in, I smirked. Luo Bai was currently getting out of his expensive car. He looked a mess.

 His hair was loose, his suit had wrinkles in it and if one looked close you could see that his socks were mismatched one was a dark blue while the other was black. As well as dark circles under his eyes. Watching him until he entered the building I couldn’t help but scoff.

Remembering his mismatched socks I hugged my stomach as I laughed. Lian and Li Na sat across from me with smiles on their faces.  

Lian smiled as she lifted her cup and took a sip “You did a good job Yu”

Looking at Lian, Li Na’s eyes sparkled  “So did you Lian”

Waving my hand I shook my head “No no, I think you both did the best” 

This past week besides helping me with Jun. Lian and Li Na also helped me with Luo Bai. Li Na and Lian are the reason for Luo Bai’s dark circles. Two days after I started to mess with Luo Bai the girls asked me if they could help.

 Lian and Li Na became close and it didn’t take long for Lian to tell Li Na about Luo Bai. Li Na, feeling very angry, came up with a plan to hide a wireless speaker in Luo Bai’s bedroom. 

Agreeing I snuck in and installed the speaker. 

For the past five days, the two of them had been switching the speaker on in the middle of the night and making odd noises. Luo Bai even brought a priest to cleanse his house believing it was haunted. Since then Luo Bai had slept at most three hours a day, and resorted to sleeping in his office at the company. 

Too bad for him that the lights would randomly flicker in the middle of the night. After days of not being able to have a peaceful sleep, Luo Bai started to go to gay bars, going home with random men. 

After messing around he would sleepover causing him to come late to work for the past two days.

As scummy as Luo Bai is, he is a very diligent man, it shows in the fact that he pursued Lian He for years without giving up. Many of the people at his company began to be unsatisfied with Luo Bai. Every time they saw him he had a different smell.  Many of the workers were aware of what that would imply and rumors started to circulate. 

“Mister Bai is sleeping around with men...and he was the receiver” 

Soon a week turned into three and I was absolutely fed up. Looking at the school gates I sighed He stopped coming huh...well it has been 3 weeks...ahh I want to see him TT

Hearing the bell to be dismissed for the day I watched as everyone left the classroom. Sitting in my seat I looked outside. 

“Master, Don’t be so upset I’m sure you can see him tomorrow”

Looking over I was slightly startled to see My Little Bun in his human form wearing clothes from my space. He wore an oversized light blue shirt black pants and sneakers. Sitting on the desk across from me he smiled.

Turning away from him I sighed “B-But what if he’s mad at me? 

Putting a finger to his lip Little Bun hummed “Well you could always...seduce hi-”

Face burning I stood up from my chair making a loud clang “I-Impossible”

“Eh Why?

“W-What do you mean why!

“But you’ve already seduced him once”

“Have not!

“I have video evidence! Yet you’re going to look at me and tell me I’m wrong?!

Pouting, I sat back down “I...I think I like him too much…”

Eyes softening My Little Bun looked up at the ceiling “Isn’t that a good thing Master”

Looking at my hands a memory flashed by making me frown “I...don't know”

Looking at me Little Bun sighed “Don’t think about that...I promise I’ll guard your happiness Yu Jie” 

Turning to look at My Little Bun I zoned out. An image of a woman holding a tiny hand in her palm appeared in front of me. Her long brown hair swayed with the wind. The sun rained down on her figure as she squatted down. Her face was blurred but I could feel the concern just from her actions of gently dabbing at the wound on the small palm. 

Warmth enveloped me as her soft voice sounded  “Oh my Yu are you ok? Mom is sorry I wasn’t paying attention and I pulled you down with me when I fell”

“Does it hurt?

Shaking my head I stared at her as she rummaged through her purse. “you didn’t even cry My Yu is such a strong man”  

Nodding I could hear a small and timid voice of a child “mm, I’ll protect you mom”

Soft laughter spilled from the woman’s mouth. Pulling me into her arms she held me tightly.

“Thank you but it's mom’s job to guard your happiness Yu”

Feeling someone shake me I came out of my daze. 

“Yu Jie!... Hey”

Holding my head I patted My Little Bun’s hand. “Im ok Little Bun…...it was a good memory this time”

Sighing in relief he sat back down “Geez Master...You really need to stop doing that what if y-”

“My mother use to say the same thing”

“What”

“My mother use to say that she would protect my happiness”

Looking at me with a pained expression My Little Bun cleared his throat “ I'm sorry...I”

“No Thank you for letting me remember her...I had long forgotten her voice”

Looking at me for a long time My little bun stood up, a serious expression on his face.

“Master…...do you still not want to...live?

Startled by the question I was speechless as My Little Bun rambled on. 

“I know you said it doesn’t matter...B-But now you have Han Jun”

“He makes you happy...I-If you want to stay in this world even after the mission is ove-”

Bolting up from my chair I gripped his shoulders. Eyes wide I shouted. “Don’t!

Wide-eyed he looked at me shocked “B-But you wo-”

Do you think I’d be ok with you breaking the rules for me and getting reformatted?! You're the only constant I have in my life! You being reformatted is the same as you dying do you not understand?! 

“But don’t you love Han Jun?!

I do. I love him more than I ever thought I could love a person in that way B-But what happens after I die in this world. You and I both know very well…...what would happen”

Trembling I could feel my eyes and nose burn. “ I would never be able to do that to him...Never” 

Biting his lip he held in a sob “I'm sorry Master I...I just want you and Han Jun to be happy”

“Mmm I know...but wouldn’t it be sad if Jun found out that our adopted son isn’t around anymore”

“EHHH...S-Son?! But you haven’t even told him about me!

“Yet...I want to play a little prank on him”

“What Kind?

“L-Like after out f-first...after I'll introduce you as our child...I and Jun”

Looking at both of our faces that were bright red we looked away awkwardly. 

“Let's go home, Little Bun” 

“Mmm”

Getting up My little bun suddenly bolted to the door sliding it open so hard the wall shook.  Watching as he disappeared. Startled, I ran to the door looking into the hall. Looking at him standing at the end of the hall I wrinkled my brows.

“Was someone here?!

Walking back towards me he had a complicated expression on his face. Looking at me he shook his head. 

“I thought I felt someone in the hall but I think it might have just been an error...I’m not used to using this body”

“Are you sure?

“Yes, Master...I’m sorry for startling you. I'm heading back into your space now”

“Ok”

 

Suddenly he burst into blue glowing runes as they integrated with my body. Chuckling I looked around.

“So flashy”

[System: (。・ε・`。)]

Walking out of the building I pulled out my phone as I leaned on the gate. “Hey, brother can you come to get me?

 

“What do you mean? Why?

 

“Oh come on”

 

“You’re going to get in trouble if mother hears” 

Focused on arguing with Lucas I failed to notice a very luxurious car parked across the street. 

The man in the car pressed his lips into a thin line as he watched the youth talk on the phone.

Seeing a car approach the youth, the man tapped the steering wheel and then started the engine.  

“Haha told you you were going to end up coming to pick me up”

Looking unamused Lucas rolled his eyes. “Just get in...Mother is waiting for us”

“Hahaha did Mother hit you?

Glaring at me Lucas pointed his finger at me angrily “How did you know Mother was going to overhear?

“Me? I guessed”

Snorting Lucas ignored me as I got into the car. The sound of a car passing by came into my ear and I slightly looked up. A black car drove past us. Finding it odd I looked at Lucas.

“Hey Brother, what model car does Jun...Han Jun drive? Like personally” 

“How would I know? Just get in the car already Yu”

“Yes yes don’t rush me”

[Yu Jie: Was it Han Jun?]

[System: Not possible I have a radar on him and it shows he’s home] 

 

Felling a mixture of relief and disappointment I looked out of the window. Noticing my weird mood Lucas side-eyed me.

“What depressed since you haven’t seen your man?

“Of course I can’t believe that I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks, this is torture. I don’t understand how some people have lo-”  

Freezing I turned to look at Lucas. Currently, we were at a red light, Lucas’s head was resting on the steering wheel as he stared at me with a big smile on his face.

“Oh...do go on Little brother”

“N-No...I...He...We”

Reaching over he ruffled my hair. “You don’t have to be scared...well accept you no matter what” 

Looking down I fiddled with my fingers. “Mmm thanks b-big brother” 

“With that being said I'm taking you to go see him tomorrow, you have no classes and your mood has been horrid”

“Your worrying mother and father...really everyone. Sunny even asked if it was your time of the month like her”

Looking at the road Lucas had a smile on his face as he laughed. Embarrassed, I hid my face into my arms.

 

“D-Don’t tell Him...ok?

“Don’t tell who?

“Do-Don’t tell J-Jun! I know you guys are friends...so don’t tell him” 

“Too late yesterday I was on a video call with him and he asked to see you so I walked up to your room and your door was open he s-”

“Noooo Big brother!

“Yep, he saw you cussing while watching a show...What was it? Ah! Ahem... “I and Jun are way cuter than these f*cking idiots”...is it”

“NOOO I’m telling Mother”

 

 

Bonus chapter as promised(~ ̄▽ ̄~)Have a good day and stay safe my dear readers.      Also the spacing has been weird but it shows up just fine as i'm editing but as soon as I publish it looks off, so apologies for that ●﹏●

 

 

 
20