EPISODE 13 – Eating Competition
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grrrr. Grrrr.

All 5 made grumbling noises.

“I’m not even that hungry. Oh yeah, I forgot I lived in a manga/anime world which meant things usually are exaggerated… such as hunger. Urgh…”

..

.

1:23 PM

Grrrr. Grrrr.

“Damn it… This is really annoying.”

“Hung…ry…” Takashi complains.

“Dammit…” Masaru grunts.

“Grrrrrr...” Madoka bites on his nails.

Every single one of us endures the arduous pain of an empty stomach. But one had a very different approach compared to the rest of us.

“Fools. This is the TRUE test of courage.” Katsuro declares.

I hear ruffling from beside me and as I turn to investigate, I come to familiarize a yellow object.

A banana!

Katsuro peels off the skin of the banana.

No… Don’t you dare.

He notices me staring at him. In return, he gives me a smug look.

You jerk! You’re gonna start an eating competition!

Masaru saw him.

“Oh no, you don’t,” he thought.

He grabs a bag of potato chips and then pops it open. He takes one chip out and throws it into his mouth.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I hear his loud crunches. It was so distracting, that I just had to look at him. Our gazes meet and before he could put the next potato chip, he returns with a smug expression.

GRRRRRRRRR… YOU LITTLE…

My right hand forms a first. I swear, if these people weren’t the ones I was trying to join a group with, I’d have thrown fists right now.

Takashi immediately notices Masaru eating potato chips.

“…”

Like his peers, he follows suit and takes out an apple from his bag.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

He chomps louder than the two. My eyes dart onto Takashi.

ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! SHOULDN’T YOU HAVE CUT THE APPLE INTO MANY PARTS SO THAT IT’S EASIER TO EAT AND SO THAT IT DOESN’T MAKE LOUD NOISES?

Of course, he catches me staring as well.

“Heh.”

What was more insulting was the smug expression that came with it.

Are you trying to mock me, punk?

Naturally, I get frustrated. By the natural order of things, I finally look at Madoka.

Don’t tell me you too?

He grabbes something from his bag and takes out a pack of jawbreakers. Then he gnaws on some of the jawbreakers.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

FOOLS! FOOLS EVERYWHERE!

These sounds were driving me crazy. But I retain my composure.

He’ll get caught without a doubt, he’s dumb enough to grab something so loud and in front of the teacher to boot.

I giggle.

“You’re as good as dead.”

The teacher of this subject, who was writing on the board finally stops writing and then proceeds to scan the class. He analyzes the surroundings ‘clearly’. After concluding that nothing was wrong, he then kept on writing.

NO! HOW COULD YOU NOT HEAR THOSE MUNCHING SOUNDS?! THOSE ARE JAWBREAKERS! THEY WERE EATING IN PLAIN SIGHT TOO!!! HOW?!

Returning my gaze upon Madoka, our gazes meet.

No. NO, DON’T YOU DARE!

“( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”

“You simpletons think you’re greater than me?! FOOLS!”

Now that I think about it, if I join in the competition, that’ll mean I’d have been part of this comedic event. A perfect opportunity!

I rummage through the items in my bag.

If I produce the greatest impression, that’ll mean a greater boost for my progression to Main Character of Slice-of-Life, or just about any spot in their story.

“Wait. I…don’t have any food. I only have pocket money and some ice-cold water. Tch. What should I do?”

It took me 5 seconds, then an idea struck.

I got it!

I take out my water bottle.

Pop.

The cover is taken off and a big chunk of ice drops on my hand.

IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE FOOD. AS LONG AS I MAKE THE LOUDEST SOUND!

I place the big chunk of ice in my mouth and then begin munching on it.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I chuckle.

I’m so much of a genius, sometimes I scare myself.

I look around and see that all four of the Slice-of-Life protagonists are staring at me, baffled.

It’s almost like I’ve got this one in the bag. As payment, I give them the best smug face I could muster.

“Are you astonished by my knowledge, low lives?”

Masaru points to something behind me.

“What?”

There was a big silhouette behind me. All of a sudden, the four protagonists turn their gazes away.

“Huh?”

Then it came to me about the horrors of what was happening.

Gulp.

There’s someone behind me, isn’t there?

“It seems you have something to say, Takayuki Kibe-san…”

It was the voice of the teacher of our period.

Crap.

Knowing full well of the consequences of my actions, I face the danger looming behind me.

WH-WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Drawing a blank, I only let out a smile. As a result, the teacher lets out a darker and more menacing aura.

“EEEEEEK! Uh uh…”

I FORGOT THAT THE LAST GUY ALWAYS GETS CAUGHT!

“It seems you wanted to disturb my class on purpose because you wouldn’t have intentionally picked a very large ice cube and decide to chew it out loud without drinking any water, would you?” he asks me.

I nervously smile.

Hehe. I’m screwed...

..

.

I stood outside the hall with three buckets, two on each hand and one on top of my head.

I’m usually unnoticed by the teachers… but it seems I was acknowledged this time.

“I won, but at what cost…”

..

.

In the end, I had to stand in the hallway for a whole day, so I didn’t get to increase my progress further.

..

.

I was back home, inside my own room.

“I’ve been robbed of my time, but it will not stop me.”

I may have been outside but I overheard them talking earlier. They were talking about going shopping or going out to play.

“Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to intervene?”

AHHH! THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A PROTAGONIST GIVES ME CHILLS!

“I’ll take any opportunity you throw world! I will not waste a single second of my time!”

Unbeknownst to me, Nakatani peeks at the little opening on the door.

“Onii-chan’s talking to himself today again. I think his thoughts and what he’s saying should be switched. He must’ve been pretty lonely. It can’t be helped! I guess I’ll have to do it.”

Note: With the price of progress, he lost his time and respect from his little sister.

END OF EPISODE 13

 

1