C18|S-Class Trials
1.3k 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lisanna's death, Mira stopped going on missions. She was now in charge of managing the bar as the head waitress. It was master's Idea. She was very depressed even after months, that she shut herself in her room.

 

Only to be dragged outside by Erza. They no longer bickered when they met, like in the past. Mira also started her career as a model for the magazine called Sorceror weekly.

 

Finally, it was the time for the s-class promotion tests. Everyone in the guild had gathered in the hall for the master to make his announcement of this year's participants.

The curtain blocking the stage lifted revealing Makarov, Erza, Mira, and Laxus standing behind it.

Clearing his throat Master announced.

 

"In accordance with the fairy tail guild's time on the traditions, I will now announce this year's entrance for the S-class wizard promotion trials." Earning a collective cheer from all the guild members.

 

"The trial this year will take place on Tenrou Island, our guild's sacred grounds as always." He continued.

 

"This year, I have chosen 5 participants who I think are of the qualities an S-class wizard should have.

 

Luciel Aracelis , Mest Greydor , Cana Alberona , Mystogan , Macao Conbolt.

 

You'll all need one person as your partner participating with you in the trials. The only restrictions are they must be a fairy tail guild member and they must not be an S-class wizard." Master concluded.

 

"What...! Why wasn't I chosen yet this year..?" Natsu shouted with frustration.

 

"Because you're not ready yet idiot," Grey said mocking him.

 

"What did you say, icy bastard..?"

 

"Ohh...by the way, congrats on your selection Ciel." He said to me ignoring Natsu.

 

"Yeah..." Ciel replied absentmindedly.

 

He was thinking about the trials of this year.

"The test is at Tenrou Island as always. The test this time will be quite difficult. Cana and Mest have already participated in the trials before. And about Mystogan, I don't know much about him anyways. And although Macao is quite strong, I'm sure it will be gonna be fine."

 

"So who're you teaming up with..? "Grey asked again. That was when he noticed him at all.

 

"Oh..Grey..yeah, I haven't decided yet."

 

"Then, how about me..?"

 

"Huh...you want me to team up  with you."

 

"Yeah. Although I wasn't selected this year, I'll definitely make it next time. So this will be a good experience for me. And besides our magics are quite synergetic, no..?" He explained.

 

"Mmm..it's true that our magics are compatible..." He said thinking for a bit. And stretched his hands out.

 

"Well then. Let's win this one." 

 

"Hell yeah.."

 


 

Since the trial was taking place on the Island, they had to go by boat. All the contestants were boarded along with the master, Laxus and Erza. Seems like Mira was not going to attend this year.

 

The pairs were Luciel and Grey, Cana and Bisca, Macao and Wakaba, Mest and Jet, and finally,` Mystogen teamed up with Elfman unexpectedly.

It seemed like he wanted to prove his strength.

 

Master stared at all the contestants and cleared his throat.

"As you may all know this year's trials will be conducted at Tenrou Island. Our guild's sacred grounds." Earning a collective nod from the people.

"The trial will be a race. Your job is to find the grave of Mavis Vermillion. Our guild's founding master."

 

"As soon as the Island comes into the view, the trial will start. You all have one hour of time. But be careful because there are some fearsome monsters throughout the Island."

 

"So we just have to find the grave," Jet asked.

 

"Yes. The first one to reach there will be the winner. And the trials will end right there. Erza and Laxus will be watching over you guys." Master said.

"Well then, Good luck" And then he vanished into the air.

 

"Teleportation..?" Grey said surprised.

 

"No, I think it was just a thought projection." I corrected Grey.

 

As the master left, all the teams split into different sides of the ship, to discuss their strategies.

 

"So what's the plan..?" Grey asked as soon as we sat down.

 

"When the Island appears, I'll take you and fly there."

 

"But that would be quite the distance. Will you be able to handle it."

 

"It's true. If it was only me, then it would be easy. Carrying you too with me I'll burn a lot of power."

 

"Can't you just eat air to replenish your magic though...?"

 

"I can. But the problem is continuously emptying and filling your vessel too fast will mess up your magic control. And for magic like flight, control over magic is the most important thing." Ciel said explaining to him.

 

"For now, we'll wait until the Island is in sight," Grey said getting a nod from Ciel.

 

After a few more minutes, the Tenrou Island came into view. The Island stands alone in the middle of the sea, with no other isles visible in the surrounding area. It is a mildly small, rocky and steep island covered by lush vegetation, both bright yellow and green in color.

 

"That's it. The trial starts now." Erza declared

 

Hearing her Ciel took off with Grey without wasting a single second. Along with Mystogen carrying Elfman too.

 

"Wow... Mystogen can fly too" Grey said looking behind him.

 

Ciel flew at a great speed towards the island. Maybe because Elfman was heavy, but Mystogen lagged behind a bit.

 

"Come on. We're almost there." Grey encouraged him.

 

As soon as they entered the Island area Ciel began to feel fluctuations in his magical energy. Causing them to fall down.

 

"Awwww...what was that all of a sudden," Grey shouted rubbing his head,

 

"I don't know. My energy began to go out of control just as we entered the Island."

 

"Ohhh...well that's too bad, Flying is prohibited inside the Island, "Laxus informed them landing beside the shore of the island with a thud.

 

"Dammit..there goes our one advantage." Grey cursed the old man.

 

"It must be some Jutsu Shiki or something. Come on we don't have time to waste." Ciel began running instructing Grey. 

Meanwhile, the other teams who flew over also experienced the same.

 

Making sure there was no danger around them, both ran through the forest. Ciel had his Sky Devil's domain always active, searching for any presence around them.

 

Feeling something he suddenly stopped.

 

"What's the matter, Ciel. You picked up any signals..?" Grey asked him seeing him stop all of a sudden.

 

"Shh...Somethings coming." He silenced Grey looking at a nearby shrub that was shaking. Both of them stood on guard if anything popped out.

And then a small rodent-like creature ran out of it.

 

"ohhh...it's just a squirrel. Is that why you were on guard..?" Grey said looking at the cute, small squirrel-like creature.

 

"No...Grey..Dodge...!" Ciel yelled pushing Grey to the side with him. Just to avoid something which rolled over where they were a second ago.

It unfolded to reveal a massive, strong, quadrupedal carnivorous reptilian creature with a large mouth full of sharp teeth. Its body is covered in very hard scales.

 

"What is that thing...?"

 

"It's called a Rollidillo. One of the species that inhabits Tenrou Island." Ciel replied by charging up his attack.

 

*Sky demon's tempest fist* 

 

"But it's no match for us." He finished the monster by sending it flying.

 

A few minutes afterward.

 

Luciel and Grey could be seen running, chased by a number of Rollidillos.

 

"You and your big mouth. You just had to jinx it..!" Grey cried out loud.

 

"Who thought so many of them would come at once." 

They continued to run until reaching the rocky side of the island.

 

"This is perfect, are you ready..?"

 

"Ready when you are..."

 

"NOW..." Ciel gave the signal, jumping up.

 

*Ice-make Floor*

 

Turning around, Grey casted his spell putting his hands on the floor.

Ice began to grow from his hands eventually reaching the hoard of Rollidillo. And then it grew onto their feet stopping their movement.

 

"That's perfect. Here you go..."

 

*Sky Devil's Rage*

 

Ciel produced a tornado from his mouth taking out all the creatures in one blow. And landed beside Grey.

 

"Well, what do you know. They're quite easy to deal with, once they stop moving." 

 

"Easy my ass. How long did you think we had to run from them"

 

"Ha...ha...come on we shouldn't waste our time." Ciel got ready again laughing apologetically.

 


 

The other groups were also not in good shape. There were all kinds of creatures on this Island. And it was like they were consciously trying to keep them away from something.

 

"Hey, Ciel...We've been roaming for quite some time now. Where do you think the grave is anyway..? "

 

"I don't know...It could be..." He paused realizing something.

 

"what....did you find anything..?"

 

"Of course... I'm such an idiot. The beasts have been actively trying to stop us from getting near it."

 

"Near what...?"

 

"The Tenrou Tree.." He said sprinting towards the giant tree in the Island boosting his speed with magic. Tearing through the beasts quickly they arrived at a clearing surrounded by thick vegetation.

 

By the root of the tree, there was a large and yet sober structure composed of light stone, with a series of three rectangular steps, flanked by four small pillars with square sections.

 

The grave of  Mavis Vermillion. The first master of Fairy Tail. Makarov was standing near the grave smiling at them.

 

It was then he saw Mystogen too had arrived at the opposite side of the clearing.

Without wasting a second both of them entered their mist form and raced towards the stone pillars.

 

Currently, this was the highest speed Ciel could go at.

Nearing the grave both of them touched the gravestone at the same time.

 

"AND...That's a...Draw...!" Master announced at the panting members.

 

"What...a draw...? How can that be... Only one person is supposed to be promoted per year. " Grey called out panting heavily. He was left behind when Ciel took off at high speed so he had only reached there now.

 

"Well that's too bad..since both of you guys touched the stone at the same time.."

 

"What happens now," Ciel asked breathing in some air to regain his energy.

 

"Well...usually only one person is supposed to be promoted at a time....but since both of you have shown incredible tenacity and powers.." He paused for a bit.

 

"I'll still have to fail you." He completed, much to the gathered people's dismay.

 

"But how come. Both of them showed their incredible manliness right now. How can you just fail them both." Elf man added from behind.

 

"Elfman.."

 

"You kids..." Makarov said with a grim expression on his face.

 

"Just kidding. You both pass. Congratulations.." He continued with a jolly tone causing everyone else to sweatdrop.

 

"Come on old man..Don't scare us like that...!" Grey could be heard complaining.

 

Sitting down Ciel laid back on the grass. And he then raised his hands.

 

"Finally....S-class."

 

24