C19|Solo
986 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days after Ciel was made S-Class, he was called by master.

"Ciel..."

 

"Yeah gramps, I heard you were calling for me. If it's about the finance papers, I'll..."

"No. It's not about that..."

"Ohh...Ok , then what..?"

 

"I have a solo mission for you. An S-class one." He said in a serious tone.

 

"An S-class solo mission..?" His eyes widened.

 

"Yes. I believe it would be perfect for you. Think you can handle it..?"

 

"If you do believe that I can handle it...Of course. I'll take it."

 

"Yeah, I imagined you'd say that. But..." he paused taking some papers.

"This is a top-secret mission. So this is your last chance to back out."

 

 

Ciel stared at the papers in Master's hands for a bit and replied.

"Nope.You know I'm not gonna back out."

 

"Good. Then read these papers." He offered the papers in his hands to the boy. Ciel took them and started reading.

 


 

After a few minutes.

 

"So the Balam Alliance is planning something big. I just need to gather information about what they're up to, basically."

 

"Yeah. That would be the gist of it. Although it's mainly the Oración Seis. The other two have not made any movements yet. We had previously got intel that it might include something concerning the demons of Zeref."

 

"So that's why you said I might be the perfect candidate for this." He said in realization.

 

"Yes. And along with your kid like appearance people tends to underestimate you. So it's perfect"

 

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. But thanks." Ciel replied.

 

"Anyways, your observation target is a former legal guild called Eisenwald. Their current leader is a wind mage called Erigor."

 

" 'Former' legal guild..?"

 

"Yes. Former. They were found out to be taking on assassination jobs. Which is a taboo for us, four years ago." Makarov said showing him a paper on the guild.

 

"Their guild master was captured. And the guild was asked to be disbanded. But we came to know that it wasn't the case from our sources. They are still operating even now as we speak."

 

"So they were declared dark guild..!"

 

"That is correct. Your job is to monitor their actions and analyze their overall strength. And try to make as little as contact you can."

 

"Woww...so I'm like a spy..! or a ninja..!" Ciel said excitedly.

 

"Sigh....yeah be anything you want. Just don't make any trouble, and do it safely. Your life matters the most. I don't want anything happening to you too now" The old man said thinking of the previous incident that had happened.

 

"Of course. I'll be careful. You know that I of all people care about that the most here." Ciel said with a thumbs up.

 

"I know you will...but this is Balam we are talking about. They will show no mercy and attack you full-on if they find out that you're an enemy. And the guild you'll be saying on is proficient in assassinations. So even the smallest mistake will be fatal for you. Don't forget that. That Erigor guy is even named Grim reaper for his prowess." He said in a grave tone.

 

"...." There was a moment of silence before Ciel spoke up again.

 

"Hahh...don't be such worrywart gramps. I'll be fine." He told him and walked towards the door.

"Well...see you later."

 


 

Tucking the papers into the side pockets Ciel walked towards the bar. And jumped onto the seat greeting Mira.

 

"Hey...Mira, give me the usual."

 

"Oh... hey there Ciel. Going on a mission..?"

 

"Mmhm. I'll be gone for a while."

 

"Well be careful out there..okay.." Mira said in a concerned voice, giving a bag with some sandwiches to the boy.

 

"Yeah... see you later.,"  Ciel replied with a smile, taking the sandwich and putting it inside his bag.

 

Walking towards the door he saw all of his friends sitting around, doing their own things. Grey had his cloths off as usual. He was talking to Cana about reading his cards or something.

Erza was sitting on a table blissfully enjoying her strawberry cake.

Elfman was talking to Makao and Wakaba something about his manliness. Then there was Loki flirting with some of the girls.

Levi was reading a book as always while Jet and Droy were near her quarreling about something.

On the opposite side, there is Bisca who had joined a few months ago. Erza had invited her after she caused some trouble in a casino. She was talking to a man called Alzack about her guns. They were both gun mages. So yeah.

 

Like that saying goodbyes to each, he walked outside. Natsu and happy could be seen walking towards the entrance. Seems like they just got back from a job.

 

"Yoo...Ciel, you heading out..?" Natsu asked seeing the boy heading out.

 

"Yeah... I just accepted a long one. So I might be gone for a while. Where were you guys..?"

 

"Ohh...we got some info of a dragon sighting. So we went to check out if it was Igneel."

 

"Then..? any luck this time..?"

 

"Naah... it turned out to be a drake. The villagers thought it was a dragon, phee..!" Natsu said with a disappointed expression.

 

"Don't be like that Natsu. We got so much money because of that. Now we can buy fish with this money.." Happy said rubbing his cheeks along the money bag.

 

"Hey...that's not fair. You used the previous reward on fish too.." Natsu complained snatching the bag from the flying cat.

 

"So they went looking for his dad...!" Ciel thought looking at the quarreling duo.

 

"Dad..."

 

"Huh... what was that..?" Natsu asked hearing Ciel's whisper.

 

"Ohh... nothing... Well, I'm heading out. See ya guys later." Ciel was woken from his thought. So he quickly said goodbye to them continued towards the train station.

 

"Ayy...Bye Ciel.." The cat replied and went back pulling the bag from Natsu.

 

"I have searched for dad during these previous years countless times. There wasn't even a trace of him. I couldn't even figure out where our house was. Now that I think of it, why can't I still remember the places I visited when I was with him..?

It's...too strange now that I think of it..." Ciel thought lurking into his memories.

 

"There is definitely something wrong with my memories... Did someone tampered with it..?" He continued to remember anything from his past when suddenly he fell down bumping into someone.

 

It was a hooded figure, who had their face hidden completely behind the cloth. But as he collided he saw the face for a second. It was a woman with blond hair.

 

"S...sorry...I wasn't paying attention." He apologized getting up on his feet.

 

"No..It's okay...It's my fault too." She apologized fixing her hood.

 

Walking away from the lady Ciel was in thoughts again.

 

"Why do I feel like I know her...?"

 

As the boy was walking towards the station entrance a hooded lady watched him from afar.

 

"Finally. I found you..!"

 

Well there you go. BOOM.

Hello, guys, It's me Phantom. I couldn't update the novel because of a few problems here. So sorry for the delay.

Anyways this was meant to be the end of the first volume where I would take a short break before continuing.

 But since I already have taken a break now, I might as well as continue on right now.

 

So..Hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to comment on your thoughts, as I always appreciate feedback no matter positive or negative it is.

PEACE.

22