C20|Mission Progress
937 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mmhmm...so far I have seen about 50 people in their guild now. About 20 of them are of notable power. The rest can be taken out very easily."

A hooded boy talked into his communication lacrima. He was sitting on top of a tree on a small mountain south to Oshibana town. Which was where the headquarters of Eisenwald was located.

 

"What about their leader Erigor. Do you think you can take him on...?" A voice was heard from the lacrima.

 

"Well, he's quite proficient in wind magic. And quite ruthless too. I saw him chopping an arm of their member a few days ago." Ciel said feeling uneasy recalling the memory.

 

"But...too bad for him, he's quite the bad match with me. As long as it is the wind, he won't be able to put even a scratch on my body."

 

"Hmm. That's good to hear. Continue the observation for some more time."

 

"Ohhh come on gramps..! I've been doing this for nearly a year now...or is it even more than that...? anyways can't I come back now..? I am bored to death here."

 

"Well not all missions are just blowing up stuff Ciel."

 

"Well, I think I'm more suited to that then. This is just plain boredom here. I can't even train in the meantime. I'd even prefer the paperwork in the guild better than this."

 

"You could miss something important if you go off to train in the middle of a mission. Or worse you could even blow your cover."

 

"I know that. That's why I'm regretting, taking this job now."

 

"Come on now Ciel you know how important could this be. You saw them contacting Tartaros. Didn't you..?" The master questioned him in a serious voice.

 

"Yeah..." He replied absentmindedly as he thought back to that incident. It was the first time he was in presence of a true demon.

Although he knew his father was one too, that feeling he experienced back then wasn't present in Lucifer.

A presence inducing dread, fear, hopelessness, the menacing intent to kill.

 


 

It was about 8 months into the job when he followed one of the dark guild members named Kageyama who was a shadow magic-user, into one of their secret meetings.

 

The other party was said to be from Tartaros. The giant of the Balam Alliance. It was said that even if the other two factions banded together against Tartaros, they would be massacred easily. As all the members of the guild were supposed to be real Demons.

 

They went to the eastern side of Fiore by train till Clover town and then Kageyama rented out a cart riding towards the east once more into the apparent wasteland regions which were surrounded by the mountain ranges.

Ciel followed him behind by a great amount of distance, flying so that he wouldn't be noticed.

 

After half day of travel, they finally reached the spot where the meeting would take place.

The one who came from the other side was apparently a woman.

 

"Huh...are they looking down on us...? Sending a woman for a meeting this important..!" The man said sarcastically.

 

"Hoo...are you dissatisfied by chance..?" The other party said in a calm tone.

 

"Dissatisfied...? Yeah...I didn't expect the great Tartaros to be this way. If it was like this th...."

But before he could finish a demonic-looking giant claw came out of the rag she was wearing and positioned around the man's head. A strong wave of killing intent surrounded the whole area making it hard to even breathe.

 

"Wha...what is this..? I'm this far, still..." Ciel also struggled as he was watching from afar. He was using a spell to view and hear their conversation from a considerable distance. But still, the effect reached till there.

 

 

"Looks like I need to remind you where scum like you truly belong to." She said as the hand emitted a pale green light. Causing the man to fall down.

 

"This..! so heavy...What did you do..?" He screamed at the demon who had now taken of the clothing, revealing her true form.

 

Her head is adorned with an intricate helmet, thus covering almost the entirety of her face save for her eyes and mouth.

From the sides of the helmet, two long wing-like pieces of hair protrude, curving out around her face. Covering her form is a skin-tight suit that had sleeves cover most of the hands, which take the form of sharp and scaly talons.

 

"You...you demon...!" He cried out seeing the true form of the lady.

 

"That's right. I'm demon you see. I'm Kyoka. One of the nine demon gates of Tartaros." She said with a smile on her face.

 

"Nine demon gates..! I'm...I'm sorry. Please forgive me for my rudeness." He apologized realizing that the one in front of him right now was one of the top brass of the Tartaros.

 

"Hmm. That's right. I shouldn't kill you. You still serve some purpose to us after all." Her voice came as the pressure decreased finally vanishing completely.

 

"Now..let's talk, shall we...?"

 


 

The meeting itself was in order to exchange the information on Lullaby. One of Zeref's creations. Originally a flute that was used for murder by a curse.

But Zeref developed it into a much more terrifying mass murder magic that is capable of putting a death curse on everyone who hears its melody except for the Caster.

 

Currently, the location of the flute is unknown. But the Tartaros apparently had some info on its location. So the members of EIsenwald wanted to use them to find it in order for their own use.

 

"Hmm...It's Lullaby. That's gonna be a huge problem if we don't find it before them. Should I just ambush him and take the info. I'm pretty sure that I can defeat him easily." Ciel thought looking at Kageyama who was getting into his cart. Getting ready to depart.

 

Suddenly he felt a wave of killing intent once again. But this time it was even much stronger than before. As if it was directed solely to him.

 

"Oh no...was I discovered..?" Panicking, he took off at the highest speed possible at the moment as far away from them. And he only stopped after going a great distance where the feeling once again disappeared and making sure that it was safe.

 

"How could she even have spotted me from that much distance. And not to mention that I was camouflaging myself with magic too" Ciel thought back at that memory of the incident.

 

"Well...then I'll call you back if anything happens gramps." He said and hung up the call.

 

"Welp... let's get back to work now. If I need to train, I'll have to finish this darn mission fast. These past months have been nothing but eating, stalking the members, sleeping. Again and again."

Getting up from the branch he jumped and started flying towards the Oshibana Town.

 

 

25