C23|Escape
888 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mystogan..!"

 

Right as a defenseless Ciel was about to be finished off by Kyoka, Mystogan had arrived just in the nick of time. With a wave of his hand, all the staves returned to his back and he flew towards Ciel in his mist form.

"Good thing that I decided to check you out, or else..." He didn't finish and cast another spell with his staves again.

 

*Three Layered Magic Circle: Holy Avalon*

 

And a light covered Ciel slowly healing the injured boy.

 

"my..bag..too" Ciel said in broken words as he fell unconscious.

 

"It's fine. I'll take care of it." Mystogen assured the boy and turned to the fuming Demon.

 

"Done with the chit-chat...?" She said smiling cruelly.

 

"After I'm done with you, that brats gonna be chopped into pieces." With a grunt Kyoka charged at Mystogen.

 

"Give it up. You're quite damaged after taking both of our attacks. You can't win." Mystogen said calmly avoiding the strikes. And fired a few fireballs back at her. They hit Kyoka right in the face and burst into small explosions.

 

"You vermins..! How dare you look down on me." But she was further enraged by the comment.

"I'll show you the meaning of being one of the demon gates." She roared as the green light enveloped her whole body and shined brilliantly.

 

"Crap...She still had so much power...?" He was surprised to see the nearly defeated enemy emitting such great amounts of energy.

Next second, she closed in the distance and lunged at him. But the attack went right through him as Mystogan had transformed into mist and then he flew right behind the demon.

 

*Two Layered Magic Circle: Searing Rose*

 

Two magic circles were planted onto Kyoka's back, which blossomed into a Fiery red rose. And then it bursts into a large explosion which sends her flying.

 

"Her speed increased by quite a lot. But if this goes on, she'll definitely succumb to the damages." Mystoga thought looking at the opponent whose back has been charred. Most of her feathers in the upper body portion had been already burned.

And it seems like the last attack from Ciel had been quite lethal too. The power of devil slayer magic was slowly eating her from the inside.

 

"In that case, I should finish this now."

 

*Five Layered Magic Circle: Lost Song*

 

Be chanted, charging up his magic again at the fallen Kyoka.

 

Magic circle sprouted out one by one beneath her.

"I'll definitely lose if I take that spell head on one more time." Kyoka thought as she watched the circles forming.

 

"In that case...I'll take him with me." With a shout, she extended her claws into a whip and lashed onto the fallen boy.

 

"Crap." Halting the spell, Mystogen once again entered his mist form and hurried to Ciel's side. Using one of his staves he blocked the incoming whip, cracking the stave in the process.

 

"Shit...this won't withstand five-layered magic anymore," He thought looking at the cracked stave.

 

Because he had no magic in himself, Mystogen would employ each of his staves as a catalyst for his spells. Each of them was responsible for the respective magic circle. So without the right amount of staves, he won't be able to activate the said spell.

 

Seeing that the mage had stopped the spell, Kyoka got up. And then with another wave, employed her curse on him. The lights spread towards Mystogen at lighting speed.

 

*Three Layered Magic Circle: Mirror water*

 

Changing his current weapon, Mystogan used another spell to deflect the incoming attack. But the light passed right through the circles, approaching him.

 

As the light came in contact with him he felt an immense amount of pain coursing through his entire body.

He crunched his teeth and gripped hard onto the staff trying to bear the pain.

 

"Wha...what is this...?"

 

"Reflection magic..? Too bad it's not magic. This is my curse. It lets me enhance anything...Even your sensation of pain." She informed the confused mage, slashing his face with her claws.

 

Mystogen dodged it barely so it left a small scar on his cheek. But the pain he felt was as if it was being ripped apart. Unable to bear the pain the let out a small scream.

 

"Ha..ha..that's it...Cry out loud. Let me hear your scream a bit more.." She laughed in a sadistic pleasure, seeing the man in pain.

 

"Even the smallest wound will be absolute agony for me. I can't afford to get hit anymore." Mystogen thought, calming his mind a little bit.

The Demon in front of them had no intention or whatsoever to retreat. He couldn't go all out with this condition too. Not to mention the unconscious boy who was lying near him.

 

"I can only escape now. If I fight with her anymore, he would be in grave danger." He eyed the boy who was under his healing spell.

 

"Taking your eyes off from the enemy...is just begging for death." Kyoka once again assaulted the mage. Mystogen was finding it more and more difficult to dodge the attacks as time went. As his entire body was aching very badly.

 

Using his staff he prepared another fireball, this time twice the size of last time. And fired it. But the speed had dropped drastically enabling the empowered demon to easily avoid it.

 

With another swing, Kyoka broke the staff. It caused the giant fireball which was behind them to suddenly disperse. As she realized something a sadistic smile drew upon her face. 

 

"Oh..what's this..? You actually don't have any magic power in you...! Here why don't I help you." As she said that, Mystogen was already wrapped in green light.

 

Kyoka had the ability to empower the strengths of any target she wished. But if the said person couldn't handle it, they would be turned into a black paper doll.

Which was exactly the thing she was hoping to happen to the mage. By introducing Ethernano and enhancing it, an unsuitable person would definitely fail.

 

Mystogan felt as if his whole body was stung by blades, due to the sudden influx of Ethernano into him. He clutched his heart in pain, falling onto his knees.

 

"I can't waste any more time." Suppressing the pain he reached out to Ciel's side. Touching the fallen boy's shoulder, he employed the remaining magic staves.

 

*Four Layered Magic Circle: Faraway Gate*

 

With that four different magic circles sprung up under their feet and with a blinding light, they vanished from there.

 

"Tch..teleportation...? They got away." Kyoka grunted seeing that the duo had already escaped. She had wounds and burns all over her body. After pondering for a bit she growled.

 

"Next time I meet you, I'll make sure you're dead no matter what..!"

 


 

Meanwhile, Ciel and Mystogan were teleported quite far away from their previous location.

 

"Where are we..?" Mystogan thought looking around the surroundings.

 

"I teleported to the nearest marker, where could this be then..?" Taking Ciel and putting his on his back he began walking. Whatever she did before, It was doing its purpose inside him right now.

 

Mystogan felt as if his insides were being shredded and grinded. And his consciousness was slowly fading. So they had to find a safe habitat before he loses consciousness. 

 

Dragging his sluggish body forwards with great difficulty he moved on. They were on the outskirts of a forest of sorts. Stepping out of it, he saw that the road in front of them was nicely paved, meaning some kind of settlement was near.

 

Moving on following the path he finally saw a building in front of them. Some people were standing there looking at the arriving strangers.

 

"Please..take..care.." He couldn't finish his words before he fell face forwards unconscious.

 

The people who were standing there watching came forward running, seeing that the man had fallen down. They wore strange garments similar to ancient native tribes.

 

Among the crowd, a small, slim elderly man with a long white beard came forward. All the other people made way for him respectfully.

 

After observing the collapsed duo for a second, he gave some instructions to the nearby men and began walking back. With some people carrying the mages with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

24