C24|Cait Shelter
891 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Wendy look, he's waking up..!" A female voice was heard.

 

"Really..! So my magic did work." Another one replied back.

 

"Of course it's gonna help. Have a little confidence in yourself child."

 

"How.can you say that..? If I had messed up, his life would be in danger."

 

Ciel had just woken up, hearing the conversation between the two. His sight was blurry, and the whole body ached very badly.

As he blinked his eyes open, the sudden influx of light made his eyes very uncomfortable. Slowly, he focused his sight and was met with an unfamiliar roof over him.

 

"Where...am..I..?" He asked in a small voice. Hearing the boy talk, the others went silent for a second.

 

"You're in our guild. Cait shelter." A strict female voice was heard from the side. He turned to the direction from where the sound came. And there was a white cat standing on the bedside table, with a serious expression on her face.

 

"Cat..?"

 

"Hmph..? You got a problem with that..?"

 

"No..I just know someone like you. That's all." Ciel replied in a slow pace. Right now he was racking his brain to completely process the incidents before and the current situation.

But he was interrupted by another voice.

 

"I'm sorry about Carla's words. She doesn't mean anything bad. She just hates being called a cat." This time the speaker was a blue-haired girl, around his age.

 

"You...have a familiar smell" 

 

"huh..!" 

 

"I'm sorry, that was a strange thing to say," Ciel said grabbing his head.

 

"Are..you okay..?" The girl asked again in a meek voice.

 

"I don't know..My head's all messed up. I can't even clearly remember..." He jolted as if a spark was lit in his mind.

 

"Mystogan..! That's right. Where is he..? And my bag..!"

 

He frantically started looking around after shouting.

 

"Calm down child. Your friend is in the care of our master. And for your bag.." She said grabbing a worn-out bag from under the bed.

 

Seeing his bag, Ciel snatched it from the cat and started searching it in a hurry. All the stuff including the papers and such were in there. But that was not the thing he was looking for.

After probing inside the bag for some time he finally found what he was looking for.

 

The necklace of his mother. He felt relieved after finally finding it. All the other things could be acquired in some way or another. But this was the one thing he couldn't lose no matter what.

Usually, he would wear it. But he had put it inside the bag while staying at the inn. 

 

"That was what you were looking for..?" The cat said in a disappointed tone.

 

"Don't say that Carla. Look how beautiful that is.." The girl exclaimed looking at the necklace in his hands.

 

"Yeah...It sure is pretty.." Ciel replied, looking at it fondly.

 

"Looks like, it's very important to you ..considering that it was the first thing you asked for after waking up."

 

"Yeah...It belonged to my mother. It's..the only thing that she left for me.." He was kinda depressed, now that the matter was brought about.

 

"Ohh..." There was an awkward silence in the room for quite a bit.

 

"What am I even saying..sigh...Anyway, thanks for saving me." Sighing he turned to the girl and bowed his head.

 

"No..no..master saved you...I only..." She again went back to the shy mode.

 

"There you go again...as I said have a little confidence."

 

"Hahaha"

Ciel watched the duo bicker among themselves again and laughed remembering something.

 

"Now what..?"

 

"No. It's just that, you two are the complete opposite of some guys I know."

 

"What.."

 


 

As Ciel and the others talked, in a nearby room the once masked Mystogan and the old man were also in a conversation.

 

Mystogan had woken up quite some time ago. As he didn't get any injuries aside from the last one where he was bombarded my magic power in his body.

 

"How are you feeling." The old man asked him, walking inside the room.

 

"I'm much better now. Thank you for your assistance." He replied looking at the small man in front of him. Never once he thought that they would meet like this once again.

 

"That's good. You had a Magic overflow. It scared me at first."

 

"Magic overflow..?"Mystogan was confused.

 

"Yes. It's a condition where your body is introduced to much more magic than what you vessel can actually contain."

 

"No..no..that's not what I meant. I'm not supposed to have magic at all...that woman..!" He realized that this was the result of the demon's curse.

 

"She enchanted me with magic..? That should be impossible..? But...if someone from Edolas has magic then.." Mystogan continued to think while the old man observed him for a while. And then he spoke to the man.

 

"Six years ago, a young boy came to me, asking to look after the girl he brought with him..."

 

"hh..!" Mystogan perked up, hearing the words the elder said.

 

"Now after all this time, we meet once again like this...Jellal.."

 

"Sigh...has Wendy seen me yet..?"

 

"No..She's taking care of the boy."

 

"Ohh...that's right. Luciel..! How is his condition..?" He asked the elder remembering about the boy.

 

"He has stabilized. There wasn't any big wound or anything after all. But his body has been worn out too much. For now, Wendy is using her healing magic on him."

 

"I see..that's good..."

 

"Why didn't you come back for her..?"

 

"huh..?"

 

"All this time..she was waiting for you. Yet, you didn't come back even once." The old man said in a hoarse voice.

 

"It's too dangerous for her. If I returned she would definitely beg to take her with me...I can't risk her life." He said staring right into the old man's eyes.

 

After all, it was just like he said. If he had taken Wendy with him he would be endangering her. Anima is a very unpredictable magic.

If she gets sucked into it, his father would do his best to keep her as a magic battery for the rest of her life. And he wouldn't be able to do anything about it too.

 

"...Those eyes. You haven't changed a bit since then."

 


 

Back in the room where Ciel was situated.

 

"Wow..! So you are a mage too..?" An excited Wendy could be seen sitting on a chair near Ciel's bed.

 

"Yeah. I'm a mage of the guild called fairy tail."  H told her showing the tattoo on his arm.

 

The introductions were just over. 

The blue-haired young girl was a mage of the Cait shelter guild called Wendy Marvel. And right next to her was her cat, Carla, too. Who was also like Happy. Able to talk or fly and such.

 

"Fairy tail..! You're really from such a famous guild..! How is it like there..?" She wondered looking at the tattoo.

 

"Yeah... Are we really that famous though..?"

 

"Of course. You guys are dubbed the strongest guild in Fiore."

 

"Although I've heard that, all of them are a bunch of lunatics who blow up stuff, wherever they go," Carla interjected.

 

"Haa...I can't disagree with that. There some accidents sometimes."

As they were talking the master of the Cait shelter guild came to the room, along with Mystogan behind him.

 

"How are you doing boy..?" The old man asked him.

 

"I'm feeling fine Master Roubaul. Thank you for your care."

 

"Your body was burdened way beyond it could handle. If it wasn't for Wendy here healing you quickly, there would have been repercussions. So be careful in the future." He was very serious explaining the consequences of his actions to Ciel.

 

"Yes, master. I will." Clenching his fist Ciel replied resolutely.

 

After thinking a bit Ciel raised his head and looked at the frail old man.

 

"Master Roubaul, I know I'm in your debt right now, but can you do me one more favor..?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

23