C28|Anima
966 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man...It's so cold around here. Glad we brought these jackets." Walking through the snowy roads around the mountain's base, Ciel said.

 

"The situation will get even worse as we climb the mountain," Mystogan replied to the boy. Taking his stave, he employed it to check the exact location of the anima. 

 

"What..! I can't get any clear readings." He said in confusion.

 

"It might be because of my Sky domain. It must be messing with the reading. Try putting just your stave outside of the range." 

 

"Oh..yeah your right. I'm getting some readings..." He paused.

 

"What.?"

 

"Looks like we need to climb up all the way to its summit," Mystogan said looking to the very top of the snowy mountain.

 

"Oh..come on... It's so cold." The boy complained as they moved up the mountain, following the path.

 

"Can't you control the air inside your area."

 

"I'm not much advanced yet. The wind here is too strong. And besides my magic control is all sort of messed up right now." Ciel tried to eat some air around them so that, he could replenish his energy.

 

Although it did its job, the deed left a pale and cold aftereffect.

"Dammit. This way I won't be able to eat much air around here too." He thought stuffing his hands inside the pockets for warmth.

 

As time went, the duo slowly made their way up to the summit of the mountain.

 

"Huff..huff..fianlly. We're at the top." Ciel was panting very much. As they moved up, the oxygen in air became very thin too. So it was quite hard to breathe there.

 

"Hey Mystogan, where is that thing..?"

 

"Look up, that's... the Hyper-dimensional space magic."

 

"Anima..."

 

On top of the mountain, a hole could be seen, the clouds had gathered around it and were spinning like a whirlpool. It was getting bigger and bigger as time went by.

 

"H..hey, don't you think, it's getting bigger...?" Ciel asked the older mage beside him.

 

"Yeah.. This is the largest one I have seen so far." 

 

"Damn...they really are going to do it after all." He thought looking at the growing portal.

 

Suddenly the intensity of the winds blowing decreased.

 

"What's happening...?"

 

"It has begun to suck in the surroundings. We have to hurry." Mystogan said readying his staves.

He had gotten new ones to replace the ones that had broken before.

 

"Hear it goes..!"

 

*Five layered Magic Circle: Inverse Flow*

 

The staves glowed a brilliant light before producing 5 magic circles vertically. Then it shot a ray into the center of the Anima. As the light hit the portal, the speed at which it turned started to slow down little by little.

 

"Woah..it's working," Ciel exclaimed.

 

Meanwhile, Mystogan was trying his utmost to reverse the flow of the Anima, so that it would cancel out. But this time, the magic was much stronger than before. As he tried to exert more power, he felt something obstructing him.

 

"Luciel..! Drop your domain."

 

"What..! are you crazy.? If I do that, you will resonate again." He yelled back.

 

"I can't close the anima with this much power. You need to cancel your magic now."

 

"But.."

 

"Just do it..!" Mystogan roared.

 

"Haaa.! You asked for this." Ciel cried out back at him, canceling his magic.

 

Mystogan felt as if a veil has been removed from him. The staves shot a huge burst of light, clearing the anima at once.

 

"You did it."

 

"Yeah..AARRRGhh" Mystohan couldn't continue as he was suddenly assaulted by a surge of memories in his head. Clutching his head, he went on the knees.

 

"Oh..no..Mystogan."

 

*Sky devil's Domain*

Ciel cast his magic supporting the fellow mage.

 

"Is..this is his memories." He thought trying to digest all the data he had received.

 

"Are you okay..?" Ciel asked in a concerned voice.

 

"Yeah..I'm fine now... let's go" He stood up slowly. Ready to get out of this place.

 

"Yeah..about that.." Ciel had picked up a few presences around them, just a second ago.

 

"Mountain Vulcans."

Around them were at least 20 of ferocious beasts known as Vulcans. They were notorious in their use of take over magic which they employ by taking over human bodies in order to survive.

 

"You take the left ones. I'll go right." Mystogan announced, taking his staves out.

 

"Don't worry about these guys. I'll handle them." Ciel assured him. Taking a step Forward, Ciel prepared his magic.

 

"I haven't used much magic since my last big fight. So this'll be a warmup." 

 

"Buoof..hoof.." The Vulcans charged towards the boy.

They were quite fast, but Ciel dodged every one of their attacks.

 

"Ha ha ha..comepared to that monster, these are nothing... Take this you monkeys.."

 

"Sky devil's Spiral strike"

 

Cloaking himself with the wind he spun around creating a mini-tornado. Blowing the Vulcans away.

 

"See.?"

 

"You've gotten even more powerful." Mystogan came up to him and said.

 

"Yeah. After that incident, my magic power increased suddenly. So I wanted to try it out." Ciel replied cheerfully.

 

"But that attack wouldn't be enough to defeat them though. They were only just thrown away from the summit. They'll definitely come back."

 

"Who cares...we didn't come to take them out right..? Let's just get outta here. I'm freezing." Replying to the man he started walking down the path. With him following behind.

 

Unknown to them, a couple of meters below, in a cavern, one of the fairy tail mages had just finished battling another pack of Vulcans. He was getting ready to leave since he had finished his job, defeating those ones around there.

 

But suddenly, a Vulcan came falling onto the man from above. Knocking him out cold.

 


 

During the next week, they had to stay by Porlyusica's house to find a solution for Mystogan's condition.

 

They tried all sorts of medicine and concoctions but no avail. The link was getting stronger, day by day.

And finally, she came up with a temporary fix. It was a charm engraved with a special rune to stop the magic from leaking out too much. Although if he were to put too much stress or anything like that it would break.

 

So although he could use it for normal occasions, if he were to cast a powerful spell or anything the magic power would leak out.

 

"So that's all of it." Polryusica gave him the charm after explaining everything.

 

"I'm not an expert at these types of things. So if you stress it too much, I won't be able to guarantee it's functioning." She added.

 

"So I would still need Luciel with me If I have to suppress an Anima or something regardless."

 

"Well can't he just remove the charm before using it and put it on again..?" Ciel asked the woman.

 

"How do you think a charm works..? It needs time to activate. By the time it does, he would be out cold." She said pointing Mystogan.

 

"Well... it looks like I will have to trouble you in the future again." He said to Ciel apologetically.

 

"Nah..it's all good. You can call me anytime, dude... It's for the safety of our world after all.."

 

After that, Mystogan had to go do something on his own. Parting their own ways, Ciel decided to go to the guild finally.

 

"Gaaahh... I'm finally back. " 

 

Hello, guys Phantom here.

I saw the poll results so far. And it looks like the majority already have voted for not to merge them. Either way, it's fine for me.

So I will be probably going with that unless something crazy happens.

The ending for the charecter Mystogan may be about the same as canon one. I don't know yet.

I just write along with the flow thinking the plot at the spot usually. So there's really no pre-planning or anything.

Anyways give me your thoughts in the comments if you could and enjoy the chapter.

PEACE

 

25