C39|Preperations
711 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He's in resonance again.?" 

 

"Yes, It's much worse than before, hurry up." She urged the boy.

 

"Right."

 

*Sky Devil's domain*

 

He erupted the barrier domain. But the pain of Mystogan's face was still there.

"What is happening.? He's still in pain."

 

"His magic power has grown stronger. You need to reinforce your spell." Porlyusica replied giving the unconscious man a liquid.

 

"What is that.?"

 

"It's the poison of a certain type of snake."

 

"You're giving him Poison!!"

 

"Don't shout inside my house boy. It's a type of poison that makes the target's magic power sealed for a while. This should help for now."

She explained as Mystogan showed signs of calming down.

 

"I..is that okay..? I mean, will have any side effects or anything.?"

 

"In normal cases sealing magic power would put the person in life or death."

 

"Then why.."

 

"Hear me out before yelling. The anatomy of Edolas people differs from ours. They don't need Ethernanos to sustain life. This means, even if he were to lose it all he would be fine. I guess."

 

"I guess..!! You don't really know.."

 

"I swear If you yell at me one more time, I will kick your ass out of my house..you understand..?"

 

"Yes, ma'am."

 

"Hmmph. This is why I don't like humans." She walked away muttering.

 

After a few hours, Mystogan's condition stabilized. Porlyusica had gone out for some time and retired with a new charm made of Hydra's scales.

"That should work for right now. He will be good as long as he doesn't go near his counterpart."

 

"But how come Seigrain was near Mystogan. Era is so far away from here..?" Ciel thought as he looked at the sleeping mage.

 

"He's fine now. You can go home." Prolyusica said to the boy.

 

"I can't go home right now." Ciel stood up from the seat.

 

"Is it because of the attack on the guild.?"

 

"Yeah. I have to go check out something first."

 

"Don't do anything stupid. Knowing that old geezer, he's probably be holding back for now because of the pressure from the council. So don't make it anymore harder for him." She said to the leaving boy.

 

"I know. Tell him to contact me after waking up." and with that, he left.

 

"You heard him." The old lady spoke as soon as the boy left.

 

"...Phantom attacked the guild. Huh," Mystogan said waking up from his bed.

 

"What are you going to do.?"

 

"I'm better now. Up to four or even Five circles might not be a problem anymore." The man replied as he started wearing his clock and the staves.

 

"Well don't come to me crying, if your thing acts up again."

 

"I'll be troubling you later." And he too left.

 

"Sigh...Fairy Tail mages..they don't change no matter what time it is." She sighed reminiscing some of the past memories.

 

Ciel flew through the East forest towards the West. His destination was the Magic Council's Fiore Branch. He needed to know where the council really stand in this matter, before doing anything rash.


 

The next morning, people were gathering in the Magnolia south gate park.

The team Shadowgear, consisting of, Jet, Droy and Levy were beaten badly last night and hanged on a tree there.

Levy's stomach was marked with the emblem of the Phantom lord.

 

"Levy..!!"

 

"Jet, Droy..!"

 

"That damned Phantom lord. They even dared lay their hands on our friends." Natsu said as rage bubbled inside him.

 

"Master." Erza turned around hearing the Footsteps of the master.

 

"Wreaking our shoddy guildhall I can bear with..." He said looking at the three guild members that were harmed.

 

"But to harm my children.." He crushed the staff in his hands in anger.

 

"THIS MEANS WAR."

 

Meanwhile, Ciel had reached the Magic Council's branch. And made a request for a meeting with the council. He had said that he had came there representing Fairy tail as an S-class wizard.

 

After waiting for an hour or two, he was finally called. And a frog-like person escorted him to the courtroom where the council would meet him.

 

The room was covered in decorative motifs, and leaning against a wall is a large, majestic structure acting as a podium for the Council members' thought projections, complete with armchairs for them to sit on.

As Ciel stood before the council members the meeting had officially begun.

 

"Luciel Aracelis, you have requested to have an audience with the council, using your authority as the S-class mage of Fairy tail. You are aware of what repercussions this could have on you if we deem that this is an unnecessary meeting, right."

 

"Yes. I am your honor." He said bowing.

 

"Good. Now state your business."

 

"I have come today to enquire about the matter of Phantom lord attacking my guild. They have damaged our property the day before. I believe this is a violation of rule 65 of the Wizard guilds regulation act." He concluded to most of the Council members' surprise.

 

"We are currently investigating that matter. As there is no clear evidence that the deed was done by Phantom lord except for some baseless rumors, we cannot take action against them." Crawford Seam the chairman replied.

 

"What about the steel stakes that have been left on the guildhall. They are similar to the magic that Gajeel Redfox uses."

 

"Magic can be replicated in many ways. How do you know that someone else didn't do this in order to spite your guild." Another council member interjected.

 

"Hmm. I suppose so. So will there be any repercussions on any Fairy tail mage, if it was clear that phantom initiated the strike.?"

 

"Guild wars are strictly prohibit.."

 

"In case of any legal guild attacking the members or displaying a clear act of aggression against another guild, the latter will not be charged in a case of retaliation." Ciel once again said.

 

"Wizard guild regulation act rule number 22, clause 1."

 

"It seems that you know the laws well. Alright, if Phantom lord were to initiate the charge, Fairy tail will not be held guilty in case of retaliation."

 

"But chairman..."

 

"This is my verdict."

 

"But you cannot act before they do Mr.Luciel. In case if that happens Fairy Tail will be the one who would be held guilty." Seigrain said to be the boy.

 

"I'm afraid that won't happen Councilmen." The boy said taking out a communication Lacrima and handed it to the frog near him and told it to connect the Lacrima to the display.

 

"With this...all our restraints will be released."

He said as the screen displayed the picture of Shadowgear hanged on the tree. Sometime before the meeting started, Mira had contacted him and told him the incident.

 

"The south gate park of Magnolia is under constant supervision because it being one of the entrances. So you can even check the Lacrima there to confirm this fact."

 

Hearing him the chairman instructed one of the attendants to contact the administration of Magnolia and retrieve the footage.

Within minutes, the display showed the footage of Iron dragon slayer Gajeel assaulting the trio and hanging them.

 

"It is really the dragon slayer of the Phantom Lord."

 

"It seems like Phantom did it after all. We will take adequate action immediately. This session has been dismissed."

 

"I'm sorry your honor, But Fairy tail's retaliation has already started," Ciel announced bowing to the council once more.

 

"Today..will mark the end of Phantom."Ciel declared as he stepped out of the courtroom..

 

17