Chapter 9
34 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: For SCIENCE?! 

"Uncle, Lee, there's one coming. I've managed to lure it away from the group. Uncle and I would stab it in the eye. It's better to be safe and attack a 'fleshy' part first rather than the scales. Lee, you should smash it squarely in the head right after we stabbed it, and knock it out. 

One thing to take note of, is that they act like humans so we have to finish it at one go! Otherwise, it would alert the other three instantly."

Titus informed Uncle Brown and Lee of his plan of attack. The two then nodded their heads. They immediately got into position according to the plan, a triangle position. Uncle Brown and Titus were in front while Lee was at the back.

"Alright, I'll lure it here right in front of us. Once it turns around the corner, we attack immediately."

*Gulp* All three felt tense, especially Lee.

Although the rain stopped right after the monsters appeared, it left some puddles on the ground. Previously, Titus had paid careful attention to his footsteps. But now, he needed to lure the monster here so he purposely made noise using a puddle. The sound was only enough to attract the lone monster. The other three would not hear it at this distance. Even if they did, they would just think it was their scouting comrade who did it.

Sure enough, the monster looked at their direction and started walking here. It was wearing a barely discernible grin on its fish face!

Titus immediately returned to his position and stood side by side with Uncle Brown, waiting. It felt like it was a long time, when in reality, it had only been 17 seconds!

3 *Stomp*

2 *Stomp*

1 *Stomp*

The seconds tick down in rhythmic pattern with the monster's footsteps. *Splash* The puddle that Titus used to make sound with was disturbed, as an ugly fish face leered down on the rippling water.

"Now!" Titus shouted in whisper as he took the lead in attacking! His hands tightened the grip on the pole, so much so that it made his hands pale. His arms bent into an 'L' as he swung it back hard before pushing it forward with great momentum! Uncle Brown also followed his lead as strength seeped from his arms to the pole.

*Puchi* A disgusting sound of flesh bursting sounded.

"Grr—eok"

"Lee!" 

When the monster was about to scream, Titus immediately ordered the stunned Lee. He also used his whole body to push the pole, embedding it deeper into the monster! It was jolted and its attempt to scream got interrupted. It was also at this time that Lee finally snapped out and swung at the head of the monster. Not to be outdone, Uncle Brown took upon the role of a 'man' as he forcefully pulled the pole out and swung it at the head of the monster for the second time. When Uncle Brown hit the monster, it took its final breath as it fell back down along with Titus who pushed it. 

*Huff*

*Huff*

*Huff*

All were exhausted despite the very short battle. 

"Quick—*Huff* Help me drag the body into cover!"

Titus urgently directed at them. They attacked the monster just after it went around the corner so when he pushed, half of the monster's body went out of cover. Afraid that the disturbance they made during the fight would attract the other monsters, he immediately decided to drag the body. Of course, no matter how careful they were, it would still make some slight sounds. That was why Titus made the call.

Fortunately, the distance between them and the three monsters was far enough and thankfully they were talking amongst themselves. And thus the fight wasn't noticed. It only made one of the monsters scratch its ear (fin?). 

*Huff—Whewww*

Titus closed his eyes, took a deep breath and tried to calm his heart. He first relaxed his mind before he opened them again. But even with that much preparation, he was still disgusted at the sight of their 'masterpiece' that they worked hard to 'carve.'

(Author's Warning! 

Gore and vivid descriptions ahead! Skip the next paragraph if you're sensitive or uncomfortable with such things.) 

White brain matter was overflowing out from the monster's eye. It was mixed with green blood! It looked like the green poop you sh*t out but blended. The individual scales were horrendously visible and was hard to look at. The gouged out eyes were hollow as they could see through inside.

Titus who 'hugged' the monster and was soaked with the liquids had the urge to puke. But he held it in. There was a more pressing matter at hand. Lee though couldn't take it and took the chance to vomit ahead. Uncle Brown was also disgusted, but he only frowned.

"Uncle, do you feel anything? Like a power inside of you? Did you increase your strength?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

Uncle Brown shook his head and asked in confusion. He didn't know why Titus asked this out of the blue. In fact, he's exhausted instead, that's why he was weirded out by the question. 

"We have a bit of time so I guess I should speak what's my idea... Uncle do you remember what the Voice said? Didn't it say some things and warned us of the bizzare things that's happening? Like we have to 'kill' as there's now monsters that appeared out of nowhere? If all of what the Voice said really was true then we should get some reward or power or something—"

Titus then realized something, "Don't tell me it's literal?"

"Lad, what did you think of? It did say, 'Only by tearing your enemies will you obtain it!' And we did defeat (tear) the enemy— Wait, you said literal?"

Titus nodded. "It's only my guess, but we wouldn't know if we don't try 'doing' it. I'll do it myself since I'm already soaked with blood."

Uncle Brown frowned at the thought but since there was a possibility, then there was no reason not to try. Plus they didn't have much time to hesitate as there were still three monsters left. Finally, Uncle Brown nodded after some deliberation.

Lee, who just got back from vomiting, was about to ask if they had any plans for their next action when he saw Titus 'rip' the eye of the monster, spilling the liquids, and shove his arm there, in the mixture of flesh and blood! Lee's stomach immediately gurgled as he vomited again.

Titus almost couldn't stand the smell and feel of the 'insides' of the monster but he endured. For SCIENCE! Ugh no... For Survival!

He carefully wiggled his arm here and there, inside the monster as he searched for something. If it was based on fantasy novels where this type of monster typically appeared, then he should be aiming to look for a crystal or stone.

'Damn those authors made it sound so easy killing the monster and reaping the benefits! But the process is so excruciatingly tiring and disgusting.'

Of course, this was what a rookie would say.

It felt like forever as Titus blindly searched. When he was done clawing his way through the bottom and the middle part, he proceeded to the head.

After a few more mush of flesh, he finally grabbed onto something that wasn't bone!

Proofread by: @lynn

Update Schedule is every other day, one day interval. 

Author's Note:

In the future if there's gore or vivid descriptions I'll only put this "(It's disgusting, so you can skip XX number of paragraph/s)" 

If you're interested, you can join the discord server here: https://discord.gg/apBrenw

1