Chapter 02
167 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A big noise awoke me. Sleepy, I opened my eyes, and a weird situation unfolded in front of me. Different animals like bird or cats or even a big golem were standing, flying or roaring here. I got the feeling I was within a big zoo.

Slowly my mind filled with the memories of yesterday. Summoned. Heroes. Sandwiches, Bacon. Yes, the delicious bacon. I wasn't in my bedroom, not even in my apartment. I was summoned here. I glanced at my left hand. 100th.

It wasn't a dream; everything was real. The first ray of sun shined through the big window and showed the large bedroom. It had the size of a gymnasium. My bed was lined up on the left side. On the opposite was the same amount of beds placed. It looked like a hospital then a large bedroom, above each bed was a number crested. The depressing mood from yesterday was nowhere to find. On the contrary, the majority seemed to enjoy the spectacle.

Wait, isn't this the animals' form of soul weapon? I remembered the words what the hoody man, Deviant, said. I looked in my right pocket, where I put my soul embryo, but it wasn't there. I watched my surrounding if it already hatched, but nothing came towards me. Don't say me; I ate it? A little worry overcame me, and I looked energetic around until I found it under the bed. I sighed. Unfortunately, it was still in the same shape as yesterday.

Did I something wrong? I glanced a second time in the room and found three guys, which were holding their soul embryo in hand, like me. Fortunately, I wasn't alone.

"Hi, sorry for disturbing you. Do you came from earth?" sounded from right, I looked towards the source.

A black muscle guy was standing there, accompanied by two silver wolves. I remembered the guy from yesterday. He was two meters tall. His massive muscle frame body stood out. To contrast to his intimidating appearance, he had a polite tone. On his left hand was crested: 99th.

"Ahem, yes. wh--" before I could finish my sentence, an energetic voice thudded in my tired ears.

"Hey, hey, hey. So you also from the earth, he. Nice to meet you. Oh, my name is Paolo. What's your name?" said a second guy, who just jumped behind the black guy. On his face, he had a big smile. He was a little smaller than me, wearing casual cloth. He had an athletic figure and short brown hair. On his right shoulder was sitting a dark green owl. With a forced smile, I replied: "Well, my name is Vin."

"Vin, nice to meet you. My name is Jack," said the muscle guy, we shook our hands. The two silver wolf howled approving. It was surreal.

"Why the hell, are you so screaming, can't you speak normally?" the third guy with a glass joined the conversation, looking annoyed towards Paolo. He had a serious face, also a sharp eyes, like an eagle. He remembered me a strict teacher. He examined me and said "So you are also from earth. My name is Jinwoo, nice to meet you."

After a little chat, I was able to get relevant information about them. The muscle guy known as Jack (99th), was a bodybuilder who owned a gym. As he was summoned here, he was training for the next bodybuilding competition. Paolo (97th) worked as part-time, like me. He was at home, reading some manga as he found himself in the summoned tower. The latter, Jinwoo (98th) was a student, who was reading a book in a library at the time as he found himself here.

They seemed nice, and I decided to go with the flow.

"Hey Vin can you show me your soul weapon?" asked Paolo in excitement "Well, my soul weapon is still in the egg. How yours hatched, did you something?" I asked him, showing my egg. He examined the egg and said "I didn't do anything special. As my left hand burned like hell, I woke up and found a spear flooding through the air. Without any thought I grabbed the spear, then it turned in an owl." He pointed on his right shoulder, where the animal was sitting.

As my eyes met with the owl, he made a salute with his right arm, like a military man. "He name is Blazer, I can speak with him through telepathy," said Paolo with a bigger smile. Blazer transformed in an instant in a long spear. "This is my soul weapon, a spear, isn't that crazy?" added Paolo and holding his weapon in proud towards the ceiling. His eyes were sparkling, like a child who had found an exciting toy to play. Only Jinwoo looked annoyed and averted his gaze.

"Maybe your soul embryo need more time for incubating, I guess." he guesses?

Also, Jack showed me his soul weapon; it was a dual silver gauntlet. "I don't grasp about the soul thing, but it is convincing to fight. Combined with my physical power, I can smash everything" commented Jack in a pose like a boxer. Also, he seemed to enjoy.

Only Jinwoo didn't enjoy the situation "I don't understand why you two are so happy, don't frustrate you? I honestly want to go home. I don't feel very comfortable here. Don't you miss your home, Vin?" asking me directly. I looked towards the ceiling Home, huh? Honestly, I don't have any family or friends; only a vast debt is waiting at home. I'm sure my letterbox is already filling with several bills. It is better if I can't see it anymore. Before I could give a proper answer, Jack answered.

"Did you already forget what happened yesterday? As I earlier said, the only way is to become stronger and find a way to go back. I don't think he will let us easily to go home. Also, it seems this world works like an RPG. We three had formed a group. We don't know what will happen now. We would be happy if you join us. It also seems we are the only guy from the earth. What is your thought, Vin?" asked Jack me.

I looked to the others; it seemed several had already formed a group. If I remembered there were also people from Amazon and Verse or Versling. Besides the group, several guys were standing alone, with the vibe of "don't disturb me".

Honestly, I don't have any objection, as long as I don't have to work or to take too much responsibility.

"I don't have any objection. As you can see you can't expect huge from me." Giving them my honest opinion.

Paolo seemed happy and said in cheered voice "That not a big deal. More people for fun. I am sure our party will become bigger in future."

"You are too loud and too optimistic, we need careful, especially about the guy Deviant" warned Jinwoo. It seemed we get along, I didn't know it was because we were in another world, or we were the only from earth. As long as I didn't have to do anything, I was happy.

Two maids entered the big room and announced the breakfast was ready, and we should follow them. "Please bring your soul partner in soul weapon form and not in animal form".

The people started to leave the bedroom. Jack went with his dual gauntlets on his hand, followed by Paolo with his spear. Jinwoo showed me his soul weapon, which was a bow; the animal form was a double size crow. I followed the last.

I was a little curious about what awaited us.

5