Chapter 03
176 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hall was bigger than I thought. The big window and the translucent ceiling gave the whole area significant brightness. Also here looked everything made of high-class materials, from the wall to the furniture. Yesterday I didn't give any attention, so it was awesome. Well, it seems they have plenty of money. Several windows were painted with prayers, which they were looking towards the sky.

 

The primary role was the big buffet in the hall, the smell and also the warm spread through the hall. It was more colourful than yesterday. Besides the sandwiches were also green, pink, even black food, which seemed to be burned. I didn't know if they mixed colour in the food or it was natural. I picked the same food as last night.

 

After loaded our plate with a variety of foods, we headed towards a free four table and sat down. First thing I noticed was a big blackboard on the wall -- it looked like a scoreboard for a car race. The blackboard was wrapped with a silver border. The number went from 1 to 72. Beside each rank was an atomic number, which seemed to show our rank. First ranked was "13th", followed "3th" and "9th".

 

  1. 13th

  2. 3th

  3. 9th

  ....

 

"What do think for what is the ranking for?" asked Paolo looking towards the blackboard. "I think it shows our strength, maybe? If I remember "the guy" said they had summoned 100 heroes, but there are only 72 numbers. I assume the rest already died or disappeared." gave Jinwoo his thought, studying the blackboard. I shared the same opinion; only the atomic number from 81th to 100th was ordered normal. Mine was ranked as last.

  ...

  1. 98th

  2. 99th

  3. 100th

 

It also seemed other had taken notice the big blackboard in the hall. The people acted livelier like they were on a school trip.

 

As Deviant entered the hall, the mutter disappeared, everyone became silent. Everyone stopped to eat and fixed their eyes on the guy. He wore the same cloth as yesterday, also brought his scythe with him. His face was still covered under the hood. I really couldn't tell if he was a human or something else.

 

He stopped in front of the blackboard and began "Good morning my dear heroes. I hope you all had a fantastic night." with the same deep voice, he continued. "I am very happy to see you with your soul weapons. Congratulation for awaking your soul weapon." he finished his first speaking and gave a look into the crowd.

 

"Yesterday wasn't a good start for you and for me. So let start again. My name is Deviant, and I am on the charge to guide you and support you with all the necessary utilities, to make you stronger. Your current level, you can see it on your vision. As yesterday mentioned, you have to fight against the magic monster in this world. You can recognize them on the colourful crystal on their forehead. You can't miss it.

As yesterday said, the monster possesses soul energy, which you have absorbed through the fight, which helps you become stronger. The progression on your vision shows you how much you already obtain, also how much you need to level up. You can only absorb the soul energy through your soul weapon. You can't use any other weapons. Not even a simple knife. You can stay here for the next four weeks to become stronger.

You can find here all kind of utilities like gear and books. I recommend you use this time to train and take as much possible knowledge with you. You have to learn to use your soul weapon. Your soul weapon isn't only a part of you also your life guaranty. As long your soul weapon isn't destroyed, you will be alive."

 

After he said this, everyone grabbed their weapon. I could feel the tension in the atmosphere. I sighed. My egg was still on my bed. I hope it' is ok.

 

"Second: In this world is partying with other adventurers a big factor to level up. Elves, humans, dwarves even demi-humans are partying together to bring a stronger soul monster or gain more soul energy. But this only applies to this living world being. You, as a hero, can't join another party or another hero's party. You have to create your own party."

 

"Adventurer which join your party will distribute you with soul energy through their fights. In exchange, they profit from a fast-levelling ability. More adventurers join your party, more soul energy will you receive. It is a give-and-take method. You all have already language skill, so you don't need to worry about the language barrier in this world."

 

Well, I found it appealing. This is really good. So I can force 100 adventurers to join my group while they are working, I can enjoy it. A big smile appeared on my face. So I don't have to do hard labour.

 

"But.." He showed his forefinger.

 

"If an adventurer joins your party, he can't leave your party anymore. It is an agreement forever. If a member of your party dies, your level will decrease the exact one level. If your level dropped beyond zero, your life comes to an end. If you die, all your party members will befall the same fate as you; even you are splintered over the world."

 

With this statement, my plan was destroyed in an instant. No one will join a weak hero. And a strong hero will not take a weak adventurer. The risk is both sides. This was my first thought.

 

He continued "Until the dark lord arrive you should become strong as possible. You aren't mandatory to stay next four week here; you can already leave tomorrow if you want. But I suggest you should take the time to become stronger. My servant will show you the important and necessary facilities also utilities here. You can find here all the information about this world, also other things. My servant will be for the next four weeks here. You can ask them if you have any question."

 

With this, he pointed now towards the blackboard "Maybe you have already figured out - on this blackboard you can see your rank as a hero. You will be ordered according to your strength when you leave this summon place. Heroes, who already died, will be not listed on this blackboard, they will disappear."

 

"As a hero, you are holy here. No one can question your existent. You can identify you as hero when you tip twice on your crest, it will glow, and will show your number in the air. Also, only the hero's soul weapon has two-stage, an animal and weapon form."

 

I tipped on my crest, but nothing happened, to contrary to my neighbours, they crest glowed in a different colour, and also showed in the air. It looked like a hologram.

 

"As yesterday mentioned, you all will receive a reward after killing the Dark Lord. It is only limited to the top 10 heroes. If you are able to be under the ten heroes, you will grant a wish by the goddess Freyja. You can wish what you want, like returning to your home, or become rich; there is no limit". He said and paused to let what he said to affect us.

 

Huh, so only the top 10 heroes will grant a wish?

 

With this, he finished. started to leave, but he stopped in the middle. "Oh, there is one more thing I forgot to tell you. There is a cheat, how you can level up quickly, even you can skip several levels."

 

"You have to kill stronger heroes. If you are able to kill stronger heroes, you will absorb their abilities and also the achieved level." Everyone was holding their breath.

 

I couldn't see his face, but I was sure he was smiling.

 

"But these rules apply when you leave the summoning place, I mean this place. As long as you are here, it doesn't work. Also, it is not allowed to kill each other." With this last word, he disappeared where he had entered.

 

The muttered in the room become loudly. It was a lot of information.

"What a creepy thing, we should be together" broke Jack the silence. The chilly atmosphere which was at morning disappeared after the latest info. Especially about killing other heroes, hit everyone. We shouldn't be aware of the Dark Lord, also about other heroes, who will try to kill us. That was a lot of work. I honestly hate work.

 

"Guys, did you hear it? Here are demi-humans" to contrary other in the hall, Paolo was in the exciting mood. His eyes were sparkling like diamonds. "We should head directly to the demi-humans area." He was more vigorous than by my first meeting with him. It seemed he was the type of guy who didn't spoil by depressing mood. "Guys I made my decision. I am going to invite as much demi-humans as possible in my own party. I am going to be a harem hero." He showed his determination and his decision with a fist.

 

"Dude, don't you listen to what Deviant said? Are you crazy? If you hit level 0, you rip off? Before you invite one, you are going to die" said Jinwoo with shaking his head. It seemed Paolo was already in his element, he overheard Jinwoo statement and continued "I am sure here are bunnies, foxes, even catgirls, don't you want to wake up in a warm fluffy bunny lap? Guys come on? Isn't it the man dreams?" He said with a persuasive smiling. Even Jinwoo, who had a distant, smiled a little. I am sure there aren't any guys who don't think so.

 

"hmm, maybe one or two?" Jack said in laugh "But we should think what we are going to do next, don't think you so?" brought he the conversation to the important part. It also seemed he wasn't reluctant off Paolo idea. Well as long I don't need to work hard, I don't really care.

 

As we were discussing, a voice interrupted us. "So, you are the guys from earfling or something? You are all looking pathetic. I thought you were at least a match for me." A guy with a warrior cloth was standing in front of us, with two guys behind him. From his appearance, I could say he wasn't from earth. His pupil had the shape of a star. It was black. If I remember he was from Versling, that what Jack had said to me, as we met. It seemed he tried to provoke.

 

"I am the guy who is going to kill the Dark Lord? Do you understand? If you come in my way, I don't hesitate to dispose of all of you. My name is Reck, don't forget my name. You should sit down and watch how I am going to kill the guy. Understand earfling?", pointing his soul weapon. It was a long sword. It remember me the Excalibur, the grip of the sword, was made of gold. He was that kind of guy, who was seeking attention overall, also one of the guys who need to prove everyone. I already got used that kind of people. They all ended in the same way. Before someone react on our table, Reck and his two underlings moved to the next table.

 

"Who the fuck was the guy?" said Paolo in an irritated voice. "Who knows? We should forget him and concentrate on our workout. We should become stronger in the next four weeks. I already some idea of how we should We have four weeks from now on. I am going to make a workout sheet for the next four week." changed Jack the topic. If I remembered he had his own gym.

 

I had a question, which I didn't ask yet. "Guys, what Deviant mean with progression bar or level? I can't see anything on my sight". I already scanned my whole body and my vision about numbers, but nothing was there.

 

Jack explain to me and give his stats. it seemed he was the strongest. "It is like an RPG, but without XP, only percent bar, you know" added Jinwoo.

 

Jack

Soul Weapon: Dual Gauntlets (Wolves)
Partner: Ever & Grey
Level: 0
Progression: 67%
Skill: None

Jinwoo

Soul Weapon: Bow (cow)
Partner: Cora
Level: 0
Progression: 42%
Skill: None

 

Paolo

Soul Weapon: Spear (Owl)
Partner: Blazer
Level: 0
Progression: 23%
Skill: None

 

"It seems only work when you have a soul weapon. The stats displayed after I got my soul weapon, you know. It remembers me D&D with my friends back in the school" said Jack. "Who cares, important is we become strong so that we can chase after some bunnies," said Paolo in enjoyment. Jinwoo and Jack exchange glance; it seemed they want a return as quickly as possible.

 

"hey. guys, I forget my eggs on my bed." and prepared to go. "Wait, Vin, I am coming with you," said he and Paolo accompanied with me.

 

"How you egg hatched?" I asked Paolo, walking towards the bedroom. "hmm, if I remember" he seemed searching his memory. "Yesterday I went direct to bed; Then, suddenly I felt a warm feeling on my right hand, a strange warm feeling, it was like burning, you know. As I opened my eyes, I found a spear flooding in the air, in front of my eyes. In an instant, I know it was mine. I can't describe. It was a feeling of familiar. It is very crazy, you know. Like a soul mate," said he in excitement. "Then, I grabbed it. An overflow feeling overcomes my body. It was like drinking Tequila. It was really a crazy feeling. I had the feeling I could uproot all the trees you know. A crazy feeling. You need to experience yourself do feel."

 

As we entered the room, it was empty; no one was there. My egg was still on my bed. It hadn't changed a single inch. It was looking the same.

 

"Do you want to go back or do you want to be here, Vin?" Paolo asked me. "You don't seem to enjoy or frightening about the current situation.". I replied "Well, honestly, I don't know. For me is, I think the same? I don't have anything there. So I don't have homesick. What about you?" I asked him the same question.

 

He looked down. "My life sucks, you know. I didn't like the life how I lived now. This will be good opportunities to make my life better." said he with a smile. "But I wished they notified me before," said he in a sad voice. I asked irritated "Why?". "As I was summoned here, I was watching Porn, and my browser history still there. I am sure someone would see it." his face twisted, he looked more a ghost. I had compassion, and i lived alone, I was sure after this month, the people wonder, where I am.

 

"Hi guys, are you finished? The servants want to show us the facilities, are you coming? " said Jinwoo.

4