*°°. I am sorry Father
131 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't pay attention to my surrounding any more. What's the point? My fate has already announced itself. I am going to grow into a cruel b... Ahem! … woman. Then I am going to struggle and die from the hands of my fiancé.

I was given some water and put back on the green carpet. I am wearing a loose pale yellow dress and playing with bricks with my father. But I am tired. My tower always collapses on the fourth brick. Father was trying to help me at first, but now he is building his own tower and it is already higher than me. My mother slowly strokes my head. I think I am...

. . .

I have woken up in a cage, ah no… in a crib. Babies sleep a lot, don't they.

*Ya-a-a-a-awn*

"Happy waken up, Sunny"
Oh, my mother was waiting for my awakening. She is so sweet!

"Following your logic, shouldn't you call her Rafaella?"
Father sounds sad and tired. I must have missed something when I was sleeping. But father has a point.

"But... but... you have called her Sunny as well!"

"I was just repeating after you, honey."

"That is..."

"Raf!"
I have to interrupt this squabble. And all other squabbles. I want to see my parents happy after all.
"Rafa-la"

"I guess she loves her name"
Father leans on the crib.

"Isn't this too early for her  to understand the meaning of words?"
Mother stays beside him.

"Might be so, still thank you
Father moves closer.

"For what?"

"For this wonderful name, of course"
He has embraced her! And mother giggles. OK, I didn't mean that happy. Father is kissing her.

"...stop..."
Mother... even I don't believe you!

"Rafala!"

"Oh, come here Rafaella. It is mother's turn to play with you."
Which turn? Can't we play all together? Parents should be more adult like.

"But first, you need a change Rafaella."

Maids are changing me again. And I am getting used to it. This time it's a very-very blue high waisted dress with white belt. I like it. This wonderful blue must have it's own name, but sadly I don't know it. Back to the room with the carpet. I have just thought about it but there are three rooms dedicated for me. How luxurious! Father is nowhere around. So I am now playing with mother.

"Come on Sunny..."

"Raf"

"Show your mother how you can stand. I will hold your hands... yes stand up Sunny... "

"Raf!"

"One more step Sunny!"

"Raf!!"

"Very well, Rafaella!"

"Rafala!"

"You really like the name, hah"
Yes mother, I do.

"She is WALKING!"
Father... you have made me jump... and fall...

"Darling, you are banned."

"What? No-o... Come on. You aren't serious, right? My little daughter was walking, you cannot blame me for being excited. And you cannot ban her from her father, honey."
Well, you have solid arguments father, but still... I think someone with duke's status should be better at self-control.

"Besides, she might have already got used to this. She doesn't look frightened in the least"

"Indeed, Sir Redmond."
Ah, it's the boss maid. Tiana is she? I am a bit scared of her skill to suddenly steal everyone's attention.

"What I see on her little cute face is disappointment"
Well, technically it is true. But I am disappointed with the duke Redmond, not with my father. Those are different things.

"What?! This can't be! Sunny, you ... are ..."
See... he is almost crying now.

"Your father is sorry for letting you down! I shall never disappoint you again!"
Now I need something really heavy to fix his mood. OK, I can do it!

"Da-a-Dy"

And just like that my father is happy. Well done, me! Oh, wait he looks frightened. God! Mother's face is terrifying. Oops, I guess. I am so, so sorry father. The atmosphere is as heavy as an anvil. There is no way back. And when there is no way back, you should move forward. OK! Lets put the last nail!

"Daddy!"

"Redmond!!"

"Honey!"

"`oney"

*Silence*

Yes, my dear mother, I have just called you 'honey'.

"That is it!"
The room was sliced with mother's voice.
"From now on, you are Redmond. I am Margaret. And you are ..."
Her voice has softened.
"... Rafaella"

"Rafa-la!"

I will keep it a secret at which moment I have filled my diaper. But could somebody please change me?

4