UBS10 – Godspeed
3.7k 11 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good morning, Gojima sensei."

"...Good morning, Okada sensei."

Gojima put his bag and the bento box he received from Baa san before she left on his desk, which had documents piled up. How in the world did such a pile occur in just one day? Why did a teacher need to go through all these office works?

"It is quite unusual for you to bring a bento box."

"Ah, this? This was given to me by a family who lives next door."

"Hmm..."

"..."

Gojima took a document from the top of the pile. Hmm... the cultural festival application from track and field club. It only had written 'Mystery Room' as proposal with a convoluted badly drawn room plan and tons of 'we'll do this' and 'we'll do that' and... nothing else. Completely different from Okada Junior's application, which was also on his desk for some reason. This one did not have his sign. Did Hanasato accidentally lose the previous one? Oh well, things happen.

Okada and Satou's application was neatly organized as expected. An application for room allotment, a proposed budget and schedule plan and also an application for the inspection of food and hygiene committe.

The female track and field club application on the other hand...

"It's a complete mess."

"Wha?!" Okada senior was peeking from the side at the application.

"Are you alright Gojima sensei?"
"Ah... yes, I just got surprised a little."

In more than one way. Why is it that the ice queen is suddenly more talkative today? She usually never starts a conversation by herself and only replies in a few short sentences- hm? Usually?

"This application will never get accepted by the StuCo."
"That much is obvious. It is completely opposite of the application your sister submitted."

"In school you do not need to consider her as my sister, Gojima sensei."

"Ooh-kay, then... the application Okada and Satou of my class submitted is the complete opposite of this one. It has all the necessary documents neatly prepared."

"She did work on it until late night, even missing her dinner. Fortunately, the main concept of cafe did not change so things took much less time than expected." She looked quite proud while saying all of that.

"What happened to not being a sister in school?" 'Damn, I said that out loud!'

"Eh? Ah, that... um... uh... anyway! This application needs to be fixed as soon as possible! You should call miss Ichinose here and ask her to fix it! Are you listening to me, Sensei?!" She flustered first and then glared second.

How can someone be so cute and annoying at the same time?

"Yeah, I will call her to my office during break time. What is your homeroom class doing by the way?"

"An art exhibition. We have Mizutani Sayaka in our class, after all."

'Mizutani Sayaka? Who... ah, the painting genious of SF... wait. How do I know that?........Ubs?'

Oh, you found out? Well, sooner or later you should have noticed how you kept calling her 'Ice Queen' even though you have only interacted with her for one day, or how you knew that Hanasato was the diligent type, or how Isshiki was a popular cheerful guy, or... well, you get the idea. You see, memories are stored in brain, and you have the originals white and gray matters. So you have his memories too. However, having two different sets of memories might cause severe identity crisis, especially in your case. Your and his personalities are a bit too clashing to assimilate healthily. Thus I am acting as a barrier and filter, only letting you remember stuff that will not effect your current mental state much.

"Gojima sensei?"

"Hm? Oh, its nothing. Just thinking about stuff."

"You sure are blanking out a lot rece-"

"Are!!! Godspeed sensei!!!" Both Gojima and Okada grimaced at the cheery entrance of Isshiki sensei. What was that stupid nickname? It's so cringey!

"Isshiki sensei, why are you calling me... that?"

"That what? Godspeed? The whole school is calling you that you know?! After that tremendous feat of speed and power, who wouldn't?"

"W-what do you mean by the whole school?!!" At that moment, Gojima's watch beeped. It was time for gate duty.

"...Looks like I need to go. Please stop and also make others stop calling me... that!"

"Its already beyond me though?" Isshiki played innocent.
"You should get going or you'll get late, Godspeed sensei." Even Okada was taking jabs at him with a smirk on her face. It was definitely payback for the earlier embarrassment, even though it was her own fault.

Gojima left the room grumbling.

"...And why exactly are you staring at my face, Isshiki sensei?" Okada turned to Isshiki with her usual icy stare.
"...No, just a little surprised, thats all."
"I believe you should me more surprised about the pile of files on your desk." She returned to her desk and resumed working.
"Wha?! Why are there so many files!!!" Isshiki screamed.

 


 

"Ha...ha...ha..."

"You lot made it only by 2 seconds."

"Not everyone's like you, Godspeed!"
"Hum hum that's right!!"
The third girl, Yoshida was still panting.

Gojima's eyebrows twitched... again.

'This is the 68th time someone called me that.'

We are on the verge of greatness. We are this close."

Go to your classroom right now."

"Eeep!"
"Y-yes Sensei!"

The two girls ran away, while the third was still panting.

"Have some water." Gojima passed her a bottle. She practically inhaled all the water.

"Phew! Thank you very much! You are a lifesaver Godspeed!!"
"..." 

And she did the 69~

Yoshida mentally shrieked after watching Gojima narrowing his eyes.

"I-I mean, G-Gojima sensei, ahahahahaha..."

"...Just go to the class."

"Y-yes!" The girl ran clearly grumbling something. Gojima probably heard the phrase 'stuck up bastard'... or was it his imagination?

Why do you dislike being called Godspeed so much? Its not as cringey as you think. Almost 73% of the worlds that have a Mutation Superpower System integration into them has at least one speedster hero or villain named 'Godspeed' you know?

"As if I care. Well, I better get ready for the assembly."

 


 

"And here, we would like to thank our very own Gojima sensei, because of his heroic world-record-breaking rescue of our favorite lucky cat, Mori chan! And we assure you that we will definitely investigate this matter. Whoever is behind it, I would like to ask him or her to confess, and we will keep this matter secret. Our school counsellor, Sawashiro sensei would definitely use her outmost ability to help you. If any of you students feel stressed or depressed over any situation, I will advise you to seek her out! Also, please stay away from drugs, and inform the authority if anyone ever approaches you! That's all for today! Once again, let us have a big applause for our Gojima 'Godspeed' Kenzaburou Sensei!!!" The Principal beamingly gave his speech and slapped his back, like some proud father.

The whole auditorium cheered.

"GODSPEED!!! GODSPEED!!! GODSPEED!!! GODSPEED!!!"

'...Fuck.'

113