Ch6 [Luwen Gardner-“His first statement”]
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch6 [Luwen Gardner-“His first statement”]

« Good day, Mr. Gardner. You must be wondering what are you doing here in this place? Ah, I apologize that it seems i have forgotten to introduce myself. You may have already heard me from my counterparts as the 'Archivist', but that isn't my name.

I would like to introduce myself. Mr. Gardner, I am very pleased to meet you. My name is Hayden Miller the Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute. Hmmmm.... Since you have just experienced a shocking event and new to all of those things– Kidnapping? No, no, no. You are wrong in that part Mr. Gardner. How could we kidnap you, when we are just taking what rightfully belongs to us? You, Mr.Gardner belongs here in the Magnus Institute. It is your one and only home. Those things that you called family are all 'fakes'. They aren't your home. It's us.

We have just done what is right. The deadline has been met, and now... I the Head Archivist Hayden Miller, gladly welcome you here in the Magnus Institute of the Loen Kingdom, our Messiah!

Your tears and grief are wasted on those fakes, Mr.Gardner. But I know that there was one of my counterparts who was enjoying your loss of your 'precious' fake family.

Desolation, He really likes your current taste of Fear.

Now, as a proper welcome here in the Magnus Institute, why don't we take your first statement? You must be wondering what is this thing Mr.Gardner. Rest assured, Mr.Gardner, the supernatural events that you have just encountered before are just a superficial experience. You are just a beginner...But don't fret, Mr. Gardner. Soon, you would experience the world of supernatural and beyonders in it's full glory!

Wonderful isn't?

Anyway, this thing in my hands are a cassette tape. Don't fret, Mr. Gardner... This thing is harmless. Ahh... I'm hungry. I can sense that you have a story to tell, don't you Mr. Gardner? Won't you tell me your statement?

Now, let's start.

Statement of Luwen Gardner, regarding his encounter at the supernatural at the day of his 17th birthday. Original statement given May 12th 1349. Audio recording by Hayden Miller, Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute, Loen Kingdom.

Statement Begins.

I don't understand what is happening. Just a few hours before, I feel so happy and peaceful with my family. Then, it all ended when you– all of monsters came in my peaceful life. This thing, I think I can understand what it does. I never thought that the brainwashing powers from the legends and fantasies of the people are really true. If this is what you meant of supernatural and beyonders...from what have I experience so far...then, no thanks. I just wanted to lived a normal and peaceful life.

I hope.... That all of this...this things... are just a nightmare that I have just unfortunately remembered.

Hours before I arrived in this place and before I have been waken up in the train at midnight, I have been one of the most happiest people.

I Luwen Gardner, a 1st year history student at Khoy University are looking forward on the day of my seventeenth birthday. I have wondered what kind of different things would I do with my family when we arrived at the Backlund. I have a peaceful sleep when I have taken a rest in the train. No nightmare and dreams. Just nothing.

I have wondered. If I have just another nightmare in my sleep, would all of these things happened? It can be considered that when I have woken up from my dreams, It was just like that my nightmares have decided to move themselves to reality.

.... It's horrible. I wish that it has never happened.

When I have woken up, I can feel the chilly breeze of the night wind on my skin. I thought to myself that I should have considered wearing more warm and thick clothes. It's supposed to be summer. How come the night of the summer days are so cold?

I groggily opened my eyes and yawned. Upon opening my eyes, the first thing that I saw was the glass window and the scenery of the night sky with the crimson full moon revealed in all of It's magnificence and haunting way of beauty.

The crimson moon. It's has always been seen as the symbol of the Evernight Goddess. Unlike some people, I don't find the crimson moon enchanting. It's always makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. The moon, it's always reminds me the color of blood.

After staring at the crimson moon for few seconds and averting my eyes. I look at my parents and siblings who have woken up.

" What's wrong? "

I still remembered my mother asked me gently while smiling. That time, I just shook my head and lean my head on her shoulders. I felt warm and happy. Satisfied and content. Together with my family, we idly watched the outside scenery at the train.

While watching outside... I think it is only an illusion. I saw a glimpse of a person. A stranger standing a few meters away from the train rail. My warm and contentment has disappeared the moment I saw the unknown stranger wearing a white mask. I have convince myself that what I just saw was an illusion. It wasn't real.

" What's wrong? "

That time, my father have asked the same question as he fixed his glasses. I felt uncomfortable that time. To alleviate my fear and uneasiness, I decided to seek reassurance and comfort in my family.

" Did you see a person from the outside before? "

While I was waiting for the answer on my family, The train suddenly slowed down until it has stopped moving. I look at my family. They didn't look anxious and worried at all.

" What's wrong? "

The third time that I heard that question on the train, that time, it was my brother who asked the question. He was smiling at me gently.

That time, I know that something is wrong. I quickly excuse myself and decided to get out of the compartment. I wanted to take a breathe of fresh air to alleviate the panic and worry that I am feeling that time.

When I got out of the compartment, it was so quiet at the first class seat. There are no people and I felt so alone. How strange, I remembered that there are supposed to be some people,but I can't find any noise from the compartments.

As I felt uneasy. A sudden chill has claimed my body. I felt so cold and nervous. Quickly, I made my way to the second class seat and I wish... I have never opened that door.

White smiling blank mask. All of them. The people in the second seat are all wearing a white mask on their faces.

"" What's wrong? ""

All of them have asked the same accursed question. I hastily closed the door and scampered away in panic and fear. Then I bumped into something. I look up and saw my sister.

" What's wrong? "

White blank smiling mask are looking at me. I screamed. Behind her, was my brother and parents who was also wearing the same blank smiling mask.

As I stumbled on the ground in fear and panic, I heard footsteps from the first class seat. The footsteps echoed. It was starting to get louder and louder. Closer and closer. Finally, I managed to see that person under the shadows. I started to cry in frustration when I realize that it was the stranger. The one that I saw from the train outside. Wearing a brown coat, white sleeves, and brown hat. The stranger was the perfect definition of a gentleman but I only felt more scared when I saw him.

White smiling mask look at me.

" Nothing is wrong. "

The stranger said and with his words, my family– the mask they wore have fallen to the ground. Faceless heads stared at me. Slowly, my family– I don't know anymore. They were losing their skin... The smoothness... I stared at them horrified as their skin turned into a smooth chiseled wood. I realize that they become a life size wooden marionettes. I watched them feeling terrified as they dropped to the ground lifeless and unmoving.

" The deadline has been met. "

After the stranger said those words, he started laughing- a mad cackling.

That time, despite the fear that I felt. I realize that my family is gone. I don't understand anything at all but I know how useless I am when I look at my 'family'.

I hoped that this is just a very very horrible nightmare. Not a reality. Everything isn't real... It was just a dream.

-

Statement Ends.

Ahh... I didn't expect that Stranger would be the one who would do the welcoming. I expected it to be the Web. He was more sensible and the least maddening in all of them. How unfortunate of you, Mr. Gardner that it was the Stranger. I apologize for his rude behavior. He was too mischievous and playful.

Still... This was a very satisfying statement. The meal is absolutely... Delicious. It was like a full course meal at a five star restaurant. I felt so full because of you, Mr. Gardner. For that, I am very grateful. Web have done a really good job in raising you, Mr.Gardner.

Different from the usual statements, we may have need to wait for a few days for the follow-up investigation. I am looking forward to the investigation of the church officials... Specially, the Nighthawks. I would record and edit this statement later and record the conclusion that they came up with their investigation.

End Recording. »

2