Ch9 [Magnus Institute-“The new member”]
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch9 [Magnus Institute-“The new member”]

Magnus Institute. A secret organization that even most of the secret organization in the beyonder circles doesn't know. Few people have known about them. They are very very secretive and low key. Even they does appear, they would be forgotten or their members would be mistaken as a part of those other secret organizations.

For most of the secret organizations, it was known that they have a god that they are worshipping. But for the members of this organization, so far, they don't have any god or any evil god to worship. The Head Archivist ultimate goal are unknown for the members with the exception for his other 13 counterparts.

The Magnus Institute has been running for a very very long years with a low key reputation. The members of the organization are recruited secretly and carefully. But at this time, through the Churches haven't known that their institution are the culprit behind the recent train incident, the event isn't definitely low key.

Milka, a recent recruited member of the organization knows that this isn't definitely adhering to their organization's usual low key rule! How come most of their high position members of the organization has launched an eye catching trouble? This was different from what her seniors or older members of their organization has told her!

Milka sighed as her thoughts started to wonder in outrageous speculations. Would this be the time that they would start to reveal themselves in the world? Would the Head Archivist reveal the 'fearsome' power and uniqueness of their organization?

Idly returning the books from the bookshelves, Milka sighed dreamily. How wonderful it could be if those–

" Milka. "

A stern and strict voice said. Milka yelped in fright and surprise, and accidentally losing her balance from the ladder. Books scattered, and Milka prepared herself for the pain that would come after her fall to the floor.

Thankfully, it didn't happen. Her Senior, immediately caught her on his arms. Emotionless purple eyes stared at her.

" How careless. "

Connor frowned as he caught the current youngest member of their organization. Milka look at him embarrassed but it was quickly replaced by pain when she was dropped to the ground.

" Senior! "

She glared at him. How could he be so heartless? It was so cruel to drop a woman like her to the ground! She was a lady! Doesn't he know how to be a gentleman? Didn't he learn proper manners at all?!

Milka complained inside her mind. Then she remembered her senior's background according to the other seniors rumors. Senior Connor was a person who grow up in the streets without a parents and has been living his life as a pickpocket in his childhood days.

Hmm.. Now that she think about it. His manners are definitely basically non existent.

As thoughts run in her mind, Milka found that her senior was still staring at her.

" What's wrong? "

" Stand up, The Head Archivist has called all of us. "

" What? "

Milka was surprised. She quickly stand up and hurriedly arrange the books with the help of her senior. She wondered what important things would the Head Archivist inform to them. It was so rare to find the high ranking members of their organization nowadays. The rarity of seeing the head archivist himself was much more less frequent. Even through most of the members knows that the head archivist are basically holed up here in the Institute, if he doesn't want to be seen, the head archivist wouldn't appear.

Milka and her senior later arrived at the central hall of the institute. Unlike the usual wide, spacious and empty– there are other people who can be seen at the central hall. Just like them, it looks like they are standing and waiting for the head archivist to arrive.

Milka can't wait for the head archivist to arrive. She can feel herself trembling in excitement. It was very rare for the head archivist to arrive. This is such a rare opportunity! She would also like to hear what is the important announcement that the head archivist would say to them.

This is such a bless opportunity!

" Calm down. "

Milka felt a pat on her shoulder. She glance at senior Connor who was frowning at her. She lowered her head a bit and apologize. Unconsciously, she glance down at her right hand that was riddled with scars. She smiled and started to stroke it.

" I would try Senior. "

Connor immediately put his attention away from her when they heard the echoing footsteps from the stairs.

Anticipation and excitement can be seen the most on the faces of the members of the institute. Milka was among them but her excitement was quickly remove from her face as she notice a person behind the head archivist.

The head archivist scanned his eyes at them and smiled benignly.

" I am pleased, that every employee of the Magnus Institute is here. Most of you may have wondering what are you doing here. And some, may have already guess my intention. "

The head archivist's eyes immediately sweep toward the person behind him. He beckoned his hands. With his head lowered, the person– the young man stepped forward. Gloomy, silent and expressionless. But if you look and stare at him carefully, you can see in his eyes that there was a trace of fear on the young man.

" Everyone, please welcome our newest member. "

The head archivist was smiling. One by one the members of the organization started clapping their hands together. After a few minutes, the silence reigned again.

Head Archivist Hayden Miller look at their newest member and said.

" Do you have anything that you wanted to say, Mr.Gardner? "

Wary, cautiousness and deep deep fear. Such complexity of emotions from humanity. For the head archivist, it would never cease to amaze and fascinate him. Fear, his companion for a long long time. Not just him, but for the institute and the people inside the organization.

Luwen took a deep breath. He wondered why did he agreed to step out of his room. Glancing at the unknown and unfamiliar people, he knows that his fate is inevitable.

Starting from now on, he was now taking a reluctant step forward. His life here at the Magnus Institute had officially started.

" ... I am Luwen Gardner. I am.... looking forward on working with you everyone. "

0