Ch11 [Magnus Institute–“It is not what it is”]
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch11 [Magnus Institute: It is not what it is ]

On the soft comfortable chair, Luwen sat. Tense and wary of the person who was in the opposite of him. The person who sat opposite him was relax and had a gentle smile on his face. Long tied blond hair, mismatched color pair of eyes and a gentle and good looking facial features stared at him. The person wore an unbuttoned long white coat and underneath them was the common victorian era clothes wore by the middle class gentlemen. He was leaning on the chair as he picked up the notes on the table and glance at them casually.

Despite the demeanor of the gentleman– who look so reliable and kind, Luwen raised his guard.

How can he not? When this gentleman who was in front of him was one of the 14 avatars of the Magnus Institute.

" Mr. Luwen? " The gentleman look at him and gently asked. Unconsciously, Luwen straightened his posture for a bit to meet his stare. Silver and gold stared at him. Luwen immediately lowered his head as he suddenly feel a sense of confusion and dizziness when he meet the man's eyes.

Luwen heard the sound of papers being put back on the table. " You must be wondering, why are you here. "

Luwen nodded his head slightly. He stared at his two hands that was holding each other above his leg. He let out a breathe slowly and calm down his uneasy mind.

This Avatar of entity, he was completely unknown to Luwen. He was the most familiar with the Presence of the Head Archivist Hayden Miller as he was always here in the institute and sometimes come to him to talk about the knowledge of the supernatural and the beyonders. The Second that he was most familiar was the Stranger, who killed his parents and started the tragedy of this ongoing reality of nightmare. He only met the stranger once, but he was very memorable and Luwen can't definitely forget the symbol of his nightmare. The third that he was the most familiar was the web. He would be visited by the web sometimes in the room, when he refuse to leave on them. He would enter and sit quietly and watch him.

Sometimes he would leave confusing and infuriating words to him.

" Your family isn't real. "

For the fourth, the lonely, buried, corruption, flesh and end are equal on this terms. They helped the stranger and the web in the incident of the train of the Loen Kingdom.

As Luwen was lost in his thoughts, the person has tapped his finger into the table. Luwen was startled and immediately paid attention to the person in front of him.

" I already know Mr.Luwen's name, you didn't need to introduce yourself. But since you don't know my name, it is a basic courtesy to introduce myself . "

Under Luwen's stare, the person stand up and bowed slightly.

" My name is Michael Mentiras, the Avatar of Spiral. I am looking forward towards your contribution in the future. "

Michael says while wearing a mysterious smile on his face. As Luwen acknowledge his introduction, he return to his seat and picked up the notes in the table and glancing them again.

Silence reigned Luwen's room after. Every minute that spent in silence was making him anxious and worried. This was a new completely unfamiliar person– if those monsters can be called a person at all. He didn't know his purpose for visiting him here. Clenching his fist under the table, Luwen sighed and asked.

" Mr.Michael, do you need something from me? "

Michael eyes sweep towards him and he was hit with another sense of confusion and dizziness. Realizing something, Michael stared back on the notes in his hands.

" I apologize. I didn't meant it, Mr.Luwen. Currently, I and my patron is in a state of discrepancy. Forgive us will you? "

Luwen didn't answer. Smiling, Michael asked.

" How was your studies with the world of the beyonders? "

Luwen was surprised by the question. The Head Archivist was the one who was imparting the knowledge of beyonder world to Luwen, it doesn't seem that the other avatars are concerned with his progress. The Head Archivist teaching him himself was also very absurd by Luwen's opinion. He heard that if someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the supernatural and beyonders was inducted in their organization, it would be always the senior members of the organization who would taught their juniors. Not the leader himself. The Head Archivist never taught someone. So Luwen wasn't surprise, if the members of the organization rarely talks with him.

Under the inquiring question of Michael, Luwen answered with what he considered a satisfactory answer.

" The Studies and Lessons are going well. "

" I see. "

Michael said. From the unbuttoned white coat, his hand started to look for something. He took out a familiar object from the pocket of his coat and started arranging them on the table neatly.

It was an object that was made by Emperor Roselle and derived from the path of the divine. The cards. The 22 Major Arcana Tarot Cards.

" I guess... You would be prepared soon. "

Under the mysterious smile, Luwen felt uncomfortable. What did he meant by those words? Prepared? It isn't that horrible deeds under their organization is what he is talking about? Unconsciously Luwen clenched his fist. Even through he was spending most of his days inside here in the institution, idle and still mourning for his lost, he was satisfied with his current arrangement.

He would fight back if he need to do things that was against his morals. 

" If you aren't still prepared to become a Beyonder, It is alright. "

Thoughts of rebelling, quickly disappeared as he heard those words. Beyonder? Luwen was surprised. So, he wouldn't be force with this organization's evil deeds? His grief and mourning for his family, have really affected him greatly.

Luwen stared at the folded tarot cards.

" Humor me will you? If you would become a beyonder... I wonder what it would be? "

" What I am supposed to do with the folded Tarot Cards Mr.Michael? Your words and actions are quite contradictory. It is confusing. If you would let me choose, why would I pick randomly? "

" It is not contradictory at all. The world is already confusing as it is, and Fate are also a twisted one. "

Luwen sighed. Under the anticipatory gaze, he have picked a random card idly, and glance at the Tarot Card and revealed it to Mr. Michael.

" The Tower. " Mr.Michael said. His eyes gleaming brightly.

1