Ch21 [Watcher’s Crown–“Leitner”]
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch21 [Watcher's Crown–“Leitner”]

Entities. They are a unusual phenomena that manifest in different forms. Such as people, animal, monsters, books, objects or places. The books that was a manifestation of the entities are called a Leitner. They are more dangerous than objects that was manifested by the entities. Leitners are the essence of the entities in the purer form– those words, the Seniors had explained to Luwen after they arrived back at the Magnus Institute.

Luwen had expected that aside from having an expression of unwillingness towards the task of the Watcher's Crown and some possibilities of the beyonders popping out– He expected that everything would proceed as usual. They would abduct the target, bring him to institute, force the target to make a statement, erase his memories and conduct an investigation.

Despite his experiences, It appears that Luwen is naive to the proceedings of his life as a member of this organization and a beyonder. He silently consoled himself, that he was just new to all of the events. The books and knowledge aren't a good source of practical knowledge.

On the 4th floor of the Institute, where the Archives are located, all of them– the members of the Watcher's Crown are gathered together.

On the table, a inconspicuous looking are placed within the table. Mr. Miller was staring at the book beneath his rectangular glasses smiling.

" How delightful. "

Milka offered Mr.Miller a tea that she brewed. Mr.Miller accepted the offer. The wafting and delicious aroma of the tea emanated on the room. Facing the Head Archivist, the members of the Watcher's Crown were silent as they listened to every words of the Archivist.

" I didn't expect that you would encounter a Leitner again. How many years was it since the last one? "

" 4 years ago. " Nicholas answered while looking at the book with complicated expression.

" You are fortunate that this Leitner is an unsettling type. " The head archivist sighed. " It was different from the murderous Leitner which had wiped out your teammates from former years. You have a very good luck... Surviving from the encounter and now, finding another book of Leitner. "

The Head Archivist picked up the book. Luwen look at the book. It looks normal and ordinary. But from what his spiritual senses are telling him, it wants him to stay away from the book. It is dangerous.

" The Forgotten... A Leitner associated with the Lonely. It was a right thing to do that you immediately stored it in your storage ring. "

They watched the Head Archivist browse through the pages of the books.

" It seems that our Mr.Viscount are currently in the early stage of reading. "

Unconsciously, Luwen look at the unconscious Viscount who was 'sleeping' and ignorant that he was abducted and brought out of his home. Somehow, Luwen felt that the Viscount was currently in a pitiful state. At least, for now, the head archivist was focusing his vision on the Leitner and not on the unfortunate viscount who would be force to give out his statement to the Head Archivist later.

" Head Archivist, what would happen if he finish reading it? " Milka asked while cautiously looking at the book.

" In the early case of reading this Leitner, it would cause small uninteresting objects to disappear...The more further and further the reader have read the book, the missing objects would increase in numbers and size. If Mr.Viscount had finish this book, it would cause him to disappear. "

Luwen unconsciously back away from the book. The other members of the Watcher's Crown had also done the same.

" It would not just be a simple disappearance... He would vanish and absorbed by the Lonely. Imagine, his memories would be slowly erase from him. Important ones and non important.. The time in the Lonely is slow and eternal... He would become a live feed for the lonely.. slowly digesting him till he wither away and completely disappear from existence. His memories and impression from the people–everyone would be erase completely. How Lonely and how lovely isn't?  "

A shiver went through Luwen's body as he stared at the book. Disappear and erased from everyone's memories. That wasn't a thing that Luwen wanted to happen or would encounter in the future. To disappear from everyone, Forgotten.

" You have really done a good job on retrieving the Leitner. "

The Head Archivist smiled at them.

" Currently we have 648 Leitners in the Magnus Institute. The Magnus Institute had successfully retrieved those Leitners over the hundred years since the destruction of the Tower of Hope and the Leitner Library. Now that this book is retrieved, we have a 649 books now in the Magnus Institute lying in the random bookshelves peacefully and hopefully undisturbed. "

Luwen stared at the Head Archivist. Did Mr.Miller just said randomly? It can't be that there are Leitners in the first floor right?

" Mr.Miller... " Luwen look at the Head Archivist uncertain and fearing for his future and safety while reading in the Library. " Are there Leitners on the first floor? "

The Head Archivist look at Luwen amused. Luwen's bad speculation are confirmed.

" Of course there are. You would be alright as long as you wouldn't read the Leitners and bring them back immediately in the bookshelves. "

He needed to be careful in reading the books.

" One of the goals of the Magnus Institute are the complete retrieval of the Leitners in the different parts of the world. Mr.Luwen, other than finding a live statements, the Watcher's Crown had also a task of retrieval of the Leitners– It was also one of the task of the branches. In the future, I had high hopes that the Leitners would be completed. "

The Head Archivist stared at them while sipping his tea. Everyone had felt that it was like countless eyes are staring at them.

" Of course, the retrieval of the Leitners would be rewarded with high amount of contribution points. It wasn't easy to retrieve the Leitners. They are dangerous. Even the low type of Leitner, the Innocuous can kill you if you aren't careful– Good tea. Now I am hungry? Shall we start recording? "

...........................

« Loen Kingdom, Awwa County, Tingen City
June 18, 1345

I can't remember my dream again. I always and always forgot them. It was just like forever and neverending. This Nightmares that I couldn't remember, how long would they last?

Today, while walking on the road... I found that I am very afraid of going near the river. It was like that if I go near the river, I would fall and choke and drown.

It was different from the other day which I was very afraid of spiders.

Still hoping for good dreams,
Luwen Gardner»

1