Chapter three: Experiments (1)
550 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've unlocked Heart of mana special page [lowest] and special pages. 

Yesterday I was full of questions. Today I have even more. I want to get some answers. I have no idea how the system works.

Let's do some experiments.

 

Where do I start?

The Heart of mana is a special page so I should start by understanding what special pages are.

I should analyze one thing at a time then put the pieces together and make a theory on how the system works. It is going to take some time.

 

Series of experiments one

Special pages, what are they?

 

I don't know where all the stuff that the system has given me is. I should try to communicate with the system. Maybe there is an inventory of some sort. I have only one way to do that. Writing.

 

I write down

Inventory

full of expectations.

 

Nothing happens. I frown. I am surprised that it didn't work.

Should I use the same style the system uses?


Inventory


 

Nothing happens again. Can't I communicate with the system like this? 

I need to make more tests.

...

...omitted...

...

How can this be? The system didn't answer me.

If I don't have the inventory I should have the pages somewhere else.

 

I look at the pages of the book. I frown. I started to write from the first page, after the written pages there are only blank ones. I don't see any special page. How am I supposed to identify the special pages?

I have an idea. I check the pages of the book one by one again and then stop on a particular one, a special page. There are other two similar to this one. The only noticeable difference between special and normal pages is that special pages are gleaming. They also make me feel respect towards them for some reason.

I couldn't find special pages before because I didn't consider the possibility of them being added at the start. I need to think more broadly, I am in a world of magic after all.

Why are special pages "special"? There is no Heart of mana on them. They are blank.

Should I try to write on one?

It behaves no differently than a normal page. The water-based ink dries as it should. I am a bit disappointed. I need more data.

I try to communicate with the system by writing on that page.

Ooh, interesting. After some seconds the ink starts to disappear. Is the system responding to me?

I wait a few more seconds. What? I frown. The ink just has disappeared and nothing has changed. I check all of my pages, wait a few minutes and make some more tests just to be certain. The system didn't respond to me. I feel alone.

I have another idea. Let's try the drawing mode.

 

I have two ways to write:

Press and drawing mode.

I usually write in press mode. I can write only with a set of characters like when writing at a computer.

When I think of one of those characters it appears on the point of the page I am looking at.

I use the drawing mode to draw freely. Maybe that will make a difference.

 

Drawing mode on:

I start writing things to communicate with the system but immediately notice something strange.

I am writing the word inventory and in particular the cross-section of the t.

I write first the | part and then the - part.

While I am writing the - part and I touch the | part it moves.

Surprised that ink could move I make multiple tests.

The things I write behave like walls on wheels. And I can push them when I write.

Even the things written in press mode can be pushed. When writing in press mode things don't get pushed.

Even the moving things disappear after a few seconds.

The "walls on wheels" respond to Newton's laws, and stop after a while after they get pushed.

Things that get at the sides of the page go to the other face of that page, bounce, or go to another special page.

It's as if special pages are just a single page folded multiple times.

 

I am surprised at the weird abilities of special pages but I can't think of any use for them.

I am sure there is a meaning to all of this but I haven't found it yet. I need to make more tests.

After hours of tests, I was tired, I needed to relax.

So I thought about making a game where you could launch bullets at asteroids.

Due to my poor artistic skills, I drew an asteroid shaped like a heart. Now I am really glad I made that mistake.

A lot of things were discovered because of mistakes.


You drew a Heart of Mana blueprint


|  Do you want to build a Heart of Mana on this page?  |

|          Yes                                                                   No          |


I choose yes, obviously. But that's a story for next time.

Today I was so busy that I didn't even check the views and the other stats.

I'll try to do that soon. See you next time...

32