That night no one woke until mornings first light.
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Party Members in the Great Hall were the first to react to what had happened, as the Dark Elves left no damage, and not a drop of blood was spilled from the slain town guards. Dark Elves are truly the most terrifying raiders.

Rudina pulled the note from the dead man’s forehead, it was the only part of his body that had any skin left on it, except the cheek which was torn off. She then covered him with the same sheet she had used as a screen the night prior. This was possibly the worst thing she had ever seen, but she now knew what their enemy was capable of. She had a name. This went from being about helping people to a rescue mission, and a quest to destroy something truly evil.

Garth was in tears when he heard what happened. He insisted that he take the place of his son. The rest of the community was a bit surprised to find out that Alfred was Garths, son, as Alfred was born to a single mother long ago just after Garth left as an adventurer. She had married and had since passed. Garth had married a Tiefling on his adventures who wasn’t from their village, Willow was from lands far to the north.

They held off leaving for a day to bury Alfred, and so Garth could get his gear together. Rudina said little as she was visibly shaken.

Each Party member said a few words, Garth said a few words and admitted that he had only found out Alfred was his son before his mother died a few years ago. He had promised to never tell.

He also worried that the village may have to move if they fail in their expedition. Willow was going to fill in as Village Elder while he was gone, and that if needed she would lead them along the hidden paths through the mountains to land safe from Dark Elves and Humans.

 

2