Tournament Roster
184 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jian

Age: 19

Bio: A young monk from a temple in the mountains. Was adopted as an infant by one of the temple elders and trained in the Thunder Palm style. Honest and brave, but somewhat childish. Still, he has a penchant to pull out a smart trick or two.

Abilities: The Thunder Palm style allows its user to channel their internal energy into powerful electrical attacks, as well as sense the electricity of others. However, Jian struggles with these techniques and prefers to fight hand to hand instead.

Appearance: Tall, lanky, and limber. His jet black hair is shaggy and messy. Wears red robes that are unique to his order of monks.


Hua Yingtao

Age: 19

Bio: A young woman who trained among an order of monks in the mountains. She was left there as a child by her busy parents in the care of an old friend of her father's who happened to be an elder of the temple. Ambitious and cunning, has a cruel streak.

Abilities: The Thunder Palm style allows its user to channel their internal energy into powerful electrical attacks, as well as sense the electricity of others. While Yingtao is well versed in these techniques, she struggles with skillfull hand-to-hand combat, and overrelies on her abilities.

Appearance: Very short and very pretty. Keeps her hair in a prim and proper bun.


The Skeleton

Age: ???

Bio: A skeleton that roamed an ancient dungeon attacking travelers and adventurers that passed through. When it found an invitation to the tournament dropped by an adventurer, something in its mind clicked and it headed for the island.

Abilities: Wields a heavy iron sword and hide-enameled buckler shield. Thanks to being a skeleton, it can piece its body back together from bones and resist elemental attacks.

Appearance: A plain skeleton. Blue lights glow where its eyes once were.


Victory

Age: Has been active a few weeks.

Bio: A fighting automaton created by a young inventor named Roman, who entered her into the tournament in hope of winning the final prize. She has a simple intelligence thanks to a modified golem spell. Speaks very formally and lacks an understanding of many things due to her inexperience.

Abilities: Incredibly strong, fast, and durable. Has a pair of retractable armblades, as well as other hidden weaponry and features.

Appearance: A gold and brass mechanical frame built with the silhouette of a woman. Stands seven feet tall. Roman disguises her mechanical nature with a trenchcoat, scarf, and hat, although this is only to preserve the advantage of surprise.


Eleanor

Age: 24

Bio: A competitive and calculating girl who has been a fighter since her childhood. She discovered her affinity for fire magic in an accident that resulted in the death of her best friend. Attended an academy to train in magic, but ended up as an unwitting pawn in a politcal scheme that lead to the murder of several nobles being pinned on her. She now lives as a fugitive running from the government.

Abilities: An excellent hand-to-hand fighter specializing in kicks and wrestling holds. While she's talented with fire magic, she uses it in a conservative way, heating up her body and surroundings to inflict more damage. However, she's perfectly capable of more lethal techniques - she only uses them as a last resort however.

Appearance: Tall and slender, with wavy, light brown hair in a bob cut. She wears armored knee-high boots with high heels that are effective at conducting heat. She also has a similar pair of gauntlets. Wears a red skirt, black tights, and a blouse.


D.L.

Age: ???

Bio: This mysterious character was once the infamous Demon Lord, but grew bored of facing down heroes and adventurers. One day he had a sudden epiphany and decided to quit the Demon Lord business, starting a new life running an apothecary that specializes in home-grown herbal remedies.

Abilities: Uses a variety of herbal mixtures that give adverse effects to his opponents, dispensed as smoke through his gigantic pipe. Forged from his old orichalcum sword, his pipe also doubles as a staff-type weapon. He also possesses a "sixth-sense" that is more accurate the more drugged out he is.

Appearance: Dresses like your stereotypical hippie, with a knitted beanie and tie-dye shirt. He keeps his various herbs in pouches on bandoliers strapped across his chest. His old eyes are always bloodshot.


Rep

Age: ???

Bio: A ghost born from a wandering soul coming into contact with a huge amount of negative energy. After gaining sentience, he wandered around killing people who crossed his path on a whim and stealing anything that piqued his interest. A little bit sadistic.

Abilities: Capable of creating weapons from his body. Mostly creates scythes cause of the inherent coolness factor. He tends to go for sneak attacks. He can take a physical form, but mainly travels in the form of a black crow.

Appearance: While capable of taking several different physical forms, his true appearance is that of a vague shape of dense black smoke.


Jadania

Age: 125 (which is young for her species)

Bio: A lamia that spent most of her life with her tribe in a dense rainforest. Since she wasn't recognized as a true warrior amongst her fellow half-snakes, she decided to depart on an expedition to prove her worth. This journey brough her to a temple deep within the forest filled with trials. After defeating the temple's tests, a god of shadows appeared to her and gave her powerful magic. Since then, she is still on her expedition to prove herself.

Abilities: A talented assassin who utilizes knives, throwing needles, and a magical bow that fires cursed arrows. Her shadow can move on its own and even kill the shadows of others, causing them to suffer continuous damage. Additionally, she can use her serpentine lower body to constrict her enemies.

Appearance: Dark brown skin, sky blue eyes, and long green hair. While her upper body is that of a toned human woman, her lower body is a muscular green snake tail ten feet in length. She wears black leather armor which holds her knives and needles.

 


The White Emperor

Age: Depends on who you ask, but known to be in the hundreds.

Bio: Once known as Shen Long Jin, a kind and just king. After being betrayed by the people closest to him, Shen was imprisoned inside a mirror. During his time chained away, he was forgotten, the technique used to restrict him draining all the color from his body. Abandoning the man he was before, the White Emperor decided to dedicate himself to taking revenge on all those who wronged him. Over time the Emperor learned how to control the technique that restricted him inside the mirror and escaped his prison.

Abilities: An impeccable martial artist and expert at dual sword combat, carrying two black blades to put this skill to use. His trump card is the Mirrors of the Palace of Clouds technique, which allows him to use mirrors and other reflective surfaces as portals. He can also see places or people in a mirror he carries, as well as create reflective barriers and small servants that obey his commands.

Appearance: His entire body is colored stark white. His hair is loose and very long, and his eyes are dull and seem distant. He has an athletic, noble bearing. He wears black trousers and boots, a golden tunic with the front open, and a golden diadem on his forehead that's broken in the middle. His black swords are attaced to his waist and he keeps his mirror hidden in his tunic.


Darin

Age: 104

Bio: A very cute, very theft-prone fairy. One day, she decided to steal from a vegetable garden that belonged to a witch and ended up getting cursed by her. Now, whenever she gets angered, she transforms into a dangerous, ugly, hairy monster called a bugbear. Manipulated by the witch, Darin was forced to imprison her own family as hostages. Now, she lives full time as one of the witch's many servants.

Abilities: As a fairy, Darin is naturally very small, very fast, and very sneaky. She hides two daggers up her sleeves and has minor magical abilities. When angered she transforms into a bugbear, a large, hairy, goblin-like monster with immense strength, sharp claws and teeth, full iron plate armor, and a spiked mace.

Appearance: As a fairy, Darin is small and very cute. Her skin is light green, her eyes are blue, and she has two translucent butterfly wings. What really stands out is her hair: as pink as cotton candy and just as fluffy. She wears a silver dress with wide sleeves and a white flower belt. As a bugbear, Darin grows to be taller than a human and becomes very bulky, also gaining iron armor. Her skin is still green but a darker shade and covered in coarse brown hair, and she has a huge scar running over her right eye. The same scar is visible on her as a fairy, but is much smaller and not as noticeable.


Scion

Age: 19

Bio: A capricious changeling. While most of her race try to kill and replace humans to steal a comfortable life, Scion enjoys burning through identities to follow her whims. Very open about her status as a monster and loves to show off her abilities, even when it causes people to chase her out of town. Has a violent, unsubtle, fun-loving nature, which has won her the hatred of other changelings. Often appears as a man to seduce women.

Abilities: Unlike other changelings, who can only shift their appearance to look like other humanoids, Scion has complete control over her morphic body. She is able to grow additional appendages/limbs, shift her anatomy that of beasts to use as weapons, quickly regrow lost limbs and even move her organs around to avoid otherwise fatal or debilitating injuries. While very resistant to physical injury, she is vulnerable to fire.

Appearance: When not imitating another person, Scion looks like a teenage girl with sickly white skin and solid black eyes. Her hair changes color depending on her mood, but is naturally gray.


Ezekiel "Zeak" Regia

Age: 23

Bio: A secluded alchemist and artificer. After discovering a beetle that could absorb the powers of elementals, he created a gauntlet called the Sol Niger which could harness the same ability. His creation put him at odds with the government of his country, who sought to weaponize the discovery against his wishes. After using the Sol Niger to absorb the power of an Elemental God, Zeak had the strength he needed to defeat the ruling class - but at the expense of his country's stability. He now wanders the country searching out elementals and helping people along the way.

Abilities: Zeak carries a mythril shortsword which he is very skilled with, but prefers to use his Sol Niger gauntlet in combat. The Sol Niger is shaped from the carapace of a large beetle and contains a "hopper" that spins like the chamber of a revolver. He can use this hopper to select one of many elemental crystals embedded on its surface, allowing him to harness its power and gain an immunity to it as well. These crystals include fire, earth, wind, water, darkness, sun, storm, chaos, void, and electricity. Due to absorbing the Elemental God, Zeak was given enhanced strength and speed, and the Sol Niger became indestructible, allowing him to use it like a shield. 

Appearance: Forgettable at first sight, but would be handsome with a bit of grooming. 5'10" with shaggy, unkempt brown hair and blue eyes. Wears a green jacket that's missing its left sleeve to make room for the Sol Niger, plain pants, tall leather boots, and metal knee guards. He keeps his sword strapped to his side.


 

4