DEMI-HUMANS AND NORTH AMERICA
78 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demi-Humans are humanoids developed by the Atlantean Galactic Empire to use as labor, although they were not considered slaves in the ancient galactic empire, their social status was below that of humans. When the Earth was settled as a penal colony many  Demi-Humans were brought as well, these groups were settled because they had rebelled against the empire and the rigid class system which put Demi-Humans as little better than slaves.  They didn't get far, and they ended up being sent to the Earth along with human sympathizers. The Empire for all its faults was at least kind enough with the rebels to settle them on a frontier world with no technology.

Although over the hundred thousand years since that time, various Demi-Human societies thrived on the edge of the main human societies, oftentimes merging culturally, such as Dwarves, elves, and Humans in Europe.

In North America, this was true as well. However, the Demi-Humans were treated with reverence by the humans in those lands.  Among the Demi-Humans in North America that thrived were the Minotaur, Orcs, and Wood Elves.  In Europe and Asia, these races were driven to near extinction as they often found themselves at odds with human civilizations. However, the humans of North America developed cultures based on the Demi-Humans.

This helped stave off and protect the Native populations from the Europeans who tried to settle North America in 1000c.e.

The Nordic "Vikings" who came to dominate found themselves forced to live peacefully with the Native populations. Over time these peoples mixed with the Natives and adapted to North American Native populations.

This mixing also blended both Magical and ancestral heroes into the fabric of North America. The new population was protected and prepared for the time when other Europeans tried to invade again in the early 1500s. 

Although the events which led to the formation of the U.S.A. happened essentially the same as it did in the reality you are familiar with, the Spanish and Portuguese never dominated Central and South America as they did in our world. 

The 'New World' or the 'Americas' as the lands became known. Became a bastion of Freedom, both in Religion and self-determination.

The poem “The New Colossus” became the calling cry of this new world. As a Statue was built in the New York Harbor.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-Emma Lazarus

In this version of North America much of the history remained similar, however as the French and British never controlled any territories of North America, and only had loose alliances with the European Colonies. North America from the Edge of the Aztec Empire to south, and from coast to coast became one Nation in 1776. The treaty of North America which eventually lead to the creation of the nation 'United States of North America' was done so that a unified North America could deal with the many European 'Empires' who were not subtle about their designs of conquest.

This USNA ended up with virtually the same Government and constitution as the USA of our world. However, there were some notable differences, as all the Native tribes became full states in the Union. As such instead of 50 States, the USNA had over a hundred states.

At the same time, a group of English and Dutch settlers brought African slaves to the south, slavery was shortly outlawed in North America, as it went against the Creed of Freedom, that the newly founded USNA had.

A generation later those self-same settlers eventually rose up and tried to overthrow the USNA under the banner of Confederacy and White Power. At the end of the War, the Rebels were banished back to Europe. 

During the War many Great Demi-Human Heroes and Mages fought and died, it was what many consider to be the first true Modern War.

1