ASTEROID BELT 1984
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the darkness that is the void, something has been dormant and asleep since before Human Recorded History. From an observer’s point of view, it looked like any other piece of space debris in the asteroid belt. It would have stayed dormant as well if not for a random impact from a small bit of ice that had been falling towards the sun. This nudge provided just enough rotation for the shiny surface that was facing away from the sun to get sunlight for the first time in almost twelve thousand years.

The object once woken, did an internal assessment and found that it was still in working order, but it was without command input. Its previous master was a long dried out corpse, it was without purpose. And needed a full charge before it could start its void-energy power-cells. Although the most powerful power-generation possible it required a nudge to start the reactions. The long-dead master of the ship had powered down the ship with intent to die and trap a dragon. The mummified remains of the Dragon still clung to the arms of the ancient mech. Once it was powered, it released the mummy dragon and fired a missile at it.  The body vaporized into dust and ash, Chronos long ago had sent his consciousness to another Dragon. Who had been born with the needed Nanites.

After a while, the mech had determined that the master's purpose had been fulfilled, tried to revive her. She too fell to dust and ash. Her mind had naturally reincarnated in a new body on the Earth.

With a need to find it's master, after reviewing her last will. And after sending a report back to the Imperial central command via quantum communication. It sought after any evidence of its master.

It used it's ion pulse drive to head back to the Earth. Once close enough to establish that the global civilization was at a level that stealth was needed. It used it's cloaking techniques to be invisible to radar and other electronic means. The only way someone would see it is if they used a telescope and knew what they were looking for. Unfortunately for the last 200 years, someone had been using a telescope to watch it.

0