Chapter 36: Poisoned apple
403 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes I did it!” He shouted in joy as he looked onto Rossa. He unconsciously raised his hand for a high five and awkwardly stopped himself and reeled his hand back in.

Rossa only raised her eyebrow in response to Sylvester’s sudden gesture. Afterwards she began explaining more technical details about Sylvester’s problem.

“Now that I’ve seen you in action I think I understand why you had so much trouble before.” She said while her arms are still crossed in front of her.

“Oh? Please do tell.” Sylvester agreed to the suggestion promptly. If there was a better reason for the whole chain cast debacle he felt that it would make him feel better for some reason. At this point it’s more of Sylvester’s pride being hurt a bit and was seeking some sort of redemption.

“So, from what I can gather you were born with a far larger mana capacity than normal and thus opted to learn Capacity refresh first correct?” She asked Sylvester for confirmation.

“Yep, right on the money there.” To which he immediately confirmed.

“I see. It’s because you never learned Internal condensation first. It’s why you don’t have an innate feeling of suppression of your mana.” She began to explain.

“Because Internal condensation requires those who study it to compress their mana to a small point, it also lets them learn to control their flow better as a bonus.”

“Ah. I guess that makes sense.” Sylvester nodded as if something clarified from within.

“But at the very least, I am certainly impressed that you were able to understand it so quickly after I helped you out one time.” She continued.

“Oh so I’m a genius then?” Sylvester joked.

“Yes.” Rossa replied in a serious tone, completely throwing off Sylvester.

“You’re not supposed to reply that way you know?” He complained.

“Why? I’m merely stating facts that I observed, do you not want compliments? If not I can assure you, I have a plethora of hurtful words I can use just for you.”

Sylvester for the first time, felt really lost. Rossa’s way of speaking and dealing with him are completely messing with his rhythm. It’s like she has a really thick defensive wall that is able to ward off any attempts at sarcasm.

For the first time, he was on the defensive and could not gain control of the conversation. It was an interesting feeling for him.

“Umm. I uhh.” He stammered a little weirdly as he tried to regain his composure and at the corner of his eye he could see Artian and Estelle snickering at his pathetic display.

“Damn you guys!” He thought to himself when suddenly a brilliant spark popped up inside his head. He realized what he had to do to effectively run away while also making Estelle and Artian suffer.

“Hehe, you think I’m the only one that’s getting an earful today? Think again!” Sylvester thought to himself as he made a mischievous smile.

Ahem. Thank you for the helpful advice Miss Rossa. Frankly It would have taken me quite a while to fully understand this if you were not here! It’s either I’m really good or really stupid when it comes to technicalities.” Sylvester explained.

“You are welcome Mr Sylvester.” Rossa replied with a tone of dignity and dominance, her chin slightly raised upwards.

“But now that you’re here, do you think you can share your great wisdom with Artian and Estelle over there? They seem REALLY eager to learn as well.” Sylvester made a sly grin as he faced the pair who suddenly stopped their own sly smiles.

Before the pair could reply Rossa immediately cut in and gave her opinion on the matter.

“You don’t have to ask me.” Said Rossa as she turned her attention towards the pair who suddenly straightened themselves.

“I was planning on doing that from the start.” Rossa said in a cold and strict tone, she sounded like a terror professor that you could find at any school. You know, that ONE professor everyone is scared of.

Walking closer towards the two, she first focused on Artian who was putting on a tough act. Puffing his chest outward and glaring back at Rossa. She kept staring him down until she finally decided to talk first.

“If I recall correctly. Miss Estelle over there mentioned that you are having trouble with elemental mixing? Particularly, the balancing part, correct?” Rossa asked.

“Wait a minute, I never told you that!” Estelle immediately reacted, surprised by Rossa's sudden revelation.

“True, but I heard you complaining about it. I just got out of the bath and you were moping on your bed face down.” Rossa replied with a smile.

“Ooohh. I think I- yeah I remember now.” Estelle shrugged. She then faced Artian, stuck out her tongue and pretended to hit her head with her fist.

“Teehee~ my bad!” were the only words she could blurt out much to Artian’s chagrin.

Artian then shot a glare at Estelle who only returned a double peace sign gesture combined with an apologetic smile. He then let out a sigh and faced Rossa.

“Yeah what about it?” Artian, who defiantly stood his ground, asked a question in return.

“Why do I have to listen to the advice of some arrogant duchy who thinks she can start bossing people around just because she’s a little bit smart?” Artian said in a volatile tone.

“Well, for starters, Mr Artian, I’m going to assume that you also have a test sometime next week, correct?” She replied with a smile.

“Urk-?”

“At this point, do you really think you can successfully learn this skill on your own? From what I can assume from how miss Estelle sounded so defeated, it would also seem like her instructions aren’t getting through that thick skull of yours.” She continued her words as the smile didn’t disappear from her lips.

“Your point being?” Artian said, with a little bit of irritation.

“I am saying that you, sir, are a dullard.” She continued.

“Pfft.”
“Pfft.”

“Why you!” Artian replied in anger but didn’t move a step closer as Rossa continued her glare.

“As you just saw, my assistance and words have shown their fruit as Mr Sylvester was able to finally understand what he was missing. I should know since I’ve seen him struggle with it since the start of the classes.” Rossa explained.

“No matter how much rage and bravado you display in front of me it won’t change the fact that you need my helping hand. Unless of course, you want to be kicked out from your class and leave poor miss Estelle alone.” Rossa continued to egg on Artian.

Artian immediately stopped, suddenly a complicated expression was shown on his face. He closed his eyes and opened them immediately, looking at Estelle who stood there looking back, her head tilted to the side.

“Fine you win. I’ll accept your kind offer.” Artian begrudgingly agreed.

“Good choice mr Artian.” Rossa replied in a victorious tone and immediately focused her attention on the woman beside Artian; Estelle.

“As for you. Miss Estelle.” Her voice rife with the same ominous tone as before.

“Wh-what? What about me? I don’t have any problems when it comes to studies! In fact I am one of the best in class! hahaha!” She blurted out, as if explaining why she doesn’t deserve Rossa’s ire.

“Yes I know, but I can offer you a different kind of advice, something that would benefit you in the long run.” Rossa explained in a tempting tone, like a salesperson trying to rope in a customer.

“What advice?” Estelle replied, now with interest glowing in her eyes.

“You are a lady of nobility too, correct?” Rossa asked.

Estelle flinched and started looking on the ground and avoided Rossa’s eyes. Artian wanted to intervene but was gestured by Rossa to stay put.

“I will not ask for any details about your circumstances, but I can definitely give you advice and lessons on how to carry yourself in a more domineering way.” Rossa continued.

“I can teach you how to completely direct the flow of a conversation and win the woman’s battle without much effort.” Rossa smiled.

“It also comes with the benefit of being able to make people move for you, the power to string them along so you really won’t need to hide behind Mr Artian anymore.” She said as she raised her hand forward like an evil figure seducing an unsuspecting would-be heroine to do her bidding and lead her down the path of evil.

Estelle then looked up and faced Rossa. Even with the thick ski goggles that hid her eyes, everyone present could tell that a fire was lit up inside her heart.

“Can I really learn all this knowledge?” Estelle eagerly replied, now looking Rossa straight in the eye. Her sweet words stirred something in her heart as she took one more step towards that outstretched hand.

“Of course dear Estelle, Now are you willing to take my hand?” Rossa then gave a devious and chilling smile.

Estelle stepped forward and reached out for that outstretched hand, meeting at the middle, ready to take a bite of the poisoned apple.

“When shall we begin, Master Rossa?” She asked, her tone now matching Rossa as the pair seemed to be basking in an evil aura.

“STOP STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” Artian cut in and pulled back Estelle and wrapped her in a protective hug.

“Just what are you trying to do here huh?! Those words were laced with temptation, you evil Villainess!” Artian exclaimed.

“Evil? No. What I do is only necessary. Our world is different from yours you know?” Rossa smiled as she rejected Artian’s accusations.

“Artian let go! I want to learn!” Estelle proclaimed.

“No you can’t!”

“But whyyyyy!?”

And their argument went round and round as Sylvester smiled and looked on to that sight. A beautiful sight of a budding friendship, something that he has gotten used to seeing all these years. He was surprised that Rossa was the one who approached them.

“Well what do you know, she broke her own shell. Though I guess it’s more accurate to say that only one arm broke through and then she began punching people with it.” Sylvester mused inside his head.

Heh, so it begins again huh? Hopefully this one lasts longer.” Sylvester said to himself as he reminisced about the friends he had to leave behind.

16