Chapter 20 – The S Rank Mission
355 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe you are taking the accusations seriously" Mega Man yelled in a heated argument

"Didn't you see his own video? He burned his own teammates!" Amanda Graymalkin answered

"You are taking his word over those kids? What are they....19?" Mega Man continued yelling

"16. And that Stone fellow is 23" Amanda answered

"16... you are taking their word over a genuine A ranker? They don't even have their own camera proof" Mega Man explained

"Apollo burned their clothes, remember?" Amanda replied

"Yeah, burned their clothes, but yet they're alive? Yeah right" Mega Man continued

"The girl is nicknamed the Undying Maiden because she can't die" Amanda answered

"Can't die? Yeah right. What kind of power is that anyway?" Mega Man asked

"And besides, who is to say that other one... Menagerie isn't a higher rank?" Amanda asked in return

"Why would he be?" Mega Man asked again

"The girl said he beat the vampire lord" Amanda answered

"Vampire Lord. Right. Where is the video evidence?" Mega Man asked

"Where is the video evidence of anything then? Vampires aren't recorded anyway. All we have is the team flailing around and you precious Apollo burning his own teammates" Amanda replied

"He said there were vampires" Mega Man saud

"And you believe him? While you don't believe the other 3? Aren't you too biased?" Amanda asked

"Biased? Of course I am. This is a flame user! He'll get to S Rank in no time. He's more useful than an undying girl, a rock man and a ... manager.. or whatever" Mega Man said

"Ok enough!" General Quest shouted

"Keep an eye on this Apollo and see if his sacrificing his teammates is a thing he does. Also keep an eye on the Menagerie. He may be more powerful than we think" General Quest ordered

"Yes sir" both Mega Man and Amanda Graymalkin saluted.

--

A few days later Romy, Jennifer, Rock and Apollo were teleported together with several other unknown faces to Detroit.

The city was burning with smoke everywhere and collapsed buildings could be seen all around them.

Mega Man was there together with Amanda Graymalkin who teleported them there

"Greetings. You have all been summoned here due to an emergency.

A large portal has opened in the heart of the city.

This signifies a huge monster will be coming through.

Currently the city is overrun with smaller humanoids that are killing civilians.

"Most of you are at least A Ranked with the exception of a few here who are still being evaluated" he said looking at Apollo, Romy, Jennifer and Rock.

"Your mission is simple. Hunt and destroy until the portal closes

Minimise civilian deaths and property destruction unless you enter the portal.

Happy hunting" he said

The group broke into teams that they were already in.

There was team Windstorm, which had two S Class members including their leader Thunder God. The other S Rank, the weather witch Tempest was also there together with 5 A rankers.

Team Camelot was there two with their S Class leader Atomic Knight and 3 A Ranks. 

Team Wolfpack with S Rank leader Berserker had their other S Ranks Iron Golem and Entavian joined with 2 A Ranks. Stone was invited to join them, so he stood with their team

Mega Man himself led the Super Force, the premier Government run team joined by other S Ranks Amanda Graymalkin, Rune, Ultra Woman and Nega Force. There were another 8 A Ranks in the Super Force there. Apollo stood with them as Mega Man seemed to want to recruit him. 

Then there were the S Ranks that did not join any teams. The loners Shadow and Hulkules

Lastly were the ones still without a team namely Romy aka Menagerie and Jennifer aka Undying Maiden

The teams split and went their own directions. Graymalkin watched Romy and Jennifer, wondering who they gravitate towards, but was slightly disappointed that they went their own way. 

Shaking her head, she left with the Super Force and engaged in battle with the humanoid sized monsters. 

They were around 8 feet tall and looked like rock monsters with no features except a huge mouth and sharp rock like teeth. 

Romy shot and killed two of the creatures from afar using his right arm, which had turned into a rifle and jumped into the midst of the creatures.

His left chimera arm, his 6 kagune, Monster Cock, his purple hexagons and blood whips as well as his vectors extended all around him killing several monsters and worked in perfect harmony as it seemed his body seemed to attack with multiple weapons. 

Jennifer attacked creatures not too far away and surprisingly, she attacked with her new vectors too. Unlike Romy which had around 10 vectors, she only had 4 and was soon injured as the creatures attacked without fear of pain or death.

Both of them smashed through the rock monsters' tough hides easily and turned them into rubble pretty easily.  

The other teams were pretty impressive as well. Even though each monster was probably as strong as 10 men, many of the S Ranks were veterans and excellent fighters. That being said, the A Ranks did receive injuries. 

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Apollo yelled as his flame powers merely melted the exterior of the rock monsters. Their external skin seemed to turn red and started to melt a bit like lava. 

But this didn't hinder their movement at all and it seemed to make their attacks more fearsome, as now instead of merely bludgeoning their victims or super powered opponents, they now burned them as well. 

"Stop burning them idiot!" Mega Man yelled as he used his freeze breath to freeze the molten creature and smashed through them with his body as he flew from the air. 

With super strength, super speed and flight, not to mention heat rays from his eyes and freeze breath from his mouth, it was widely acknowledged that Mega Man was among the most powerful superhumans on earth.

But merely based on strengh, there were a few other S Ranks that were arguably in the same range of strength as him including Hulkules, Berserker, Iron Golem, Thunder God and Ultra Woman. 

They were handily smashing their rock enemies as well. 

Amanda Graymalkin was fighting not with her telepathy or teleporting abilities, rather with another ability that she regularly used. Telekinesis. She picked up the creatures into the sky and smashed them against each other.  

The heroes all took separate paths through the buildings but they were all headed towards the large portal where the monsters came from. 

Most of the S Ranks left their A Ranks to clean up the rock monsters they didn't destroy and entered the portal to try to shut it down. Based on previous experience, a portal will close by itself when the main monster is killed. 

Romy rushed to the portal too, but Jennifer informed him that she will stay behind. She was only officially only a C class anyway, so she will help in the cleanup.

Watching Romy rush into the portal after the S Ranks, Apollo scoffed "Showoff. He'll probably get killed in there. Serves him right" 

 

 

9