Chapter 22 – Promotion
330 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, at the United States Superhuman Force Headquarters, and formal headquarters of the Super Force, the government sponsored team, Romy, Jennifer, Apollo and Stone were requested to turn up for a special reevaluation.

Usually, other super beings were able to be ranked up after several missions and proving that they were above the rank that they were originally graded as arbitrarily.

However, the recent mission was incredibly highly rated as the monster inside even managed to badly injure Atomic Knight of the Camelot Group, a genuine S Ranker, and it took the combined forces of many S Ranks to put the boss down. 

Furthermore, even the subordinate monsters which swarmed out of the portal managed to injure and even kill a few A ranked super beings. 

Jennifer, Stone and Apollo managed to handle the monsters in Detroit and made it out in one piece, and Romy even managed to single handedly turn the tide of the battle against the ultimate monster, causing the portal to close, so a re-evaluation was called. 

Jennifer actually managed to destroy several of the 8 foot tall monsters. Stone had managed to fight one of those monsters by himself, which was considered impressive considering that other A Rankers actually died fighting them. Apollo, who was already rated an A Ranker had to retreat time and again as his flame powers were completely ineffective against them. 

They gathered in the specially reinforced gym which had a specially built sparring ring 50 x 50 meters in size. 

"As you know, this is a re-evaluation examination. We will examine you against each other and against other A and S Rankers to determine your actual ranks" Mega Man said.

"Without further ado, we will test Stone against Apollo, who is already an A Ranker" he said

Both of them entered the ring and Apollo sneered. No way a B Ranker defeats him, he thought. 

As Mega Man yelled "Start!", Stone charged at Apollo

Apollo blasted a flame blast at Stone, who ignored it and rushed through the flame, even though his clothes were burning. 

Apollo was shocked and created a flame shield 

Stone smashed through as well, but Apollo had already dodged and used the shield only to block Stone's view

Stone kept chasing after Apollo, but Apollo could not do anything to Stone at all. 

After 5 minutes of Stone chasing Apollo, Mega Man stopped the fight. It was clear that this would go on until either Stone or Apollo ran out of stamina, or Stone catches Apollo. 

"Wait... I'm not done yet!" Apollo screamed in dissatisfaction.

"No. You're done. You have to prepare for your next match anyway" Mega Man said. 

Apollo was instructed to stay where he was and Jennifer was called up to the ring.

"Wait. I'm fighting her? Not the manager...rie guy?" Apollo asked

"Yes. Begin!" Mega Man said as Jennifer walked cautiously towards Apollo.

Apollo frowned and watched Jennifer closely. She looked like an average teenage girl. She didn't fly, glow, or do anything out of the ordinary. She only walked towards him fearlessly. 

"We'll see. I'll make you dance with my flames" he sneered as he used his flames like whips and started whipping at Jennifer.

Jennifer just calmly walked forwards as the flame whips slashed at her flesh, burning it and her clothes. 

But she didn't flinch at all, even though her flesh was being flayed and burnt black. 

Even the S Ranks flinched looking at her injuries.

Suddenly, the flames seemed to be sliced apart by something invisible and Apollo instinctively dodged as the ground where he stood suddenly was smashed and deep gashes were seen on the ground.

"What.. that floor is made from solid titanium!" Nega Force said as he watched. 

Jennifer simply walked after Apollo who was now flying around in his flame form. 

But this was more of a mismatch than Stone as Jennifer could attack him from afar and he could not hurt her at all. 

She was already naked as her clothes had been burnt off, but her body recovered right before everyone's eyes, shocking everyone. 

She started chasing after him as her attacks became more intense, slicing through the walls, making gashes all over the floor. 

"I quit! I quit!!" Apollo yelled in fear as several of the attacks barely missed him. 

Mega Man sighed as he knew he severely misjudged the teen. 

Then Jennifer was asked to stay in the ring as Stone was again asked to step in to face Jennifer. 

"My skin is hard as stone. I won't take it easy on you, so please do your best against me" Stone said grimly. 

Jennifer nodded and as the match started, Stone charged at her immediately. 

Jennifer stood still and suddenly, the invisible vectors smacked Stone who was protecting his head with his arms. 

He was immediately blown to the wall, his body making a dent in the wall and his arms were broken!

Both his forearms were broken in half and his arms hung down his side limply as his face was wracked in pain. 

He screamed in pain as Graymalkin immediately teleported him to the medical ward. 

Fortunately they were at the headquarters and their S Ranked healer Mediman was on duty. 

"I'm sorry. I've never used my attacks against another human before. I don't know my own strength" Jennifer said emotionlessly. 

Apollo sighed a sigh of relief that those attacks didn't hit him at all. 

Looking dejected, he walked off the stage behind the naked Jennifer who sat back next to Romy without a shred of emotion on her face.

"That girl is quite interesting" Mega Man said. 

"Are you thinking of... S Class?" Amanda Graymalkin asked

"Mmm, she defeated those two quite easily. And they are clearly A Rank. Clearly that puts her at the top of most A Rankers. But lets keep her as an A Rank for now, and we'll see in the future. Lets keep an eye on her" Mega Man said. 

Amanda nodded. Jennifer and Romy would be quite interesting acquisitions indeed. 

12