Chapter 42 – Back in Japan
194 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Graymalkin teleported with Romy, appearing in a government building in Tokyo. 

Romy didn't have any memories of Tokyo as his class barely transited the city before flying to Osaka. 

They were greeted by some government officials and led to a conference room. 

"My name is General Matsuda. I am in charge of the Japanese Superhuman Force" a man in a uniform introduced himself

"And this is the Prime Minister of Japan" he said as a senior gentlemen walked into the room. He bowed as did the other Japanese in the room, together with Graymalkin.

Romy bowed as well, not knowing the protocol. 

"On behalf of my government, I hope you forgive us for your earlier treatment" he said as he bowed low to Romy

"Er... it's ok. All is water under the bridge" Romy said

Romy was flustered to see the Prime Minister bow so deeply to him, and found it awkward.

They all took a seat around the meeting room as the PM sat at the head of the table

General Matsuda nodded his head and one of his assistants, a pretty woman in glasses and a lab coat walked to the screen as it turned on.

"Hello, my name is Shiori. Let me introduce you to our team. They are called the Girl Power Force as translated into English. Unlike you Americans who create your own superhumans, we have a technology that allows us to communicate with other dimensions similar to ours.

As such, we have *ahem* gotten a hold on a few superhumans that we traded resources for and these are our team members. 

I believe you have met a few of the members" the woman said, showing a slide of 5 girls. Romy indeed recognized some of them

"This is Kaede, who is a diclonus in her world. She is a new breed of human with destructive telekinetic power. She was too powerful to be kept in her world, so they were pleased to give her to us." the aide introduced.

This was the pink haired girl he rescued on the beach at the hot springs with Aiko. The last he saw her, she was battling the girl in the wheelchair when he was slaughtered. When he recovered, Kaede and Aiko were gone.

"This is Aiko, who has a human, has a chimera left arm that can grow to huge proportions with superhuman strength and durability. She outlived her usefulness and they were about to get rid of her when they offered her to us" she said.

Romy certainly remembered Aiko. She had lost her arm when he was sliced to pieces by the diclonus in the wheelchair. When he recovered, Monster cock had bonded her left arm to his then body. But he had seen her with the team with her arm restored, battling the kaiju in the video clip he saw with her in it.  

"This is Shiro, who was a human experiment who has... they call it a Branch of sin... turning her blood into monstrous destructive weapons. She too was too powerful to be kept in her world" Shiori said,

"So,,, she's the red man" Romy said, recognizing her as the one who killed his friends in their Osaka hotel.

"This is Rize.... She was one of a few ghouls that fled her dimension for ours when our portal had an accident. Most of the rest were killed. As for her, we were lucky to find just her head. But she was somehow still alive, and over time, she regrew her body and we found out she was a ghoul from another dimension. She has the ability to control her blood to become hard tentacles from her back" she explained

Romy certainly recognized Rize. He is still attached to her original body after all, even if she did regrow her body.

"And lastly, this is Mikasa. She was injected with spinal fluid to turn into what they call the Attack Titan in her dimension. She can turn into a gigantic male titan. She too had outlived her usefulness on her dimension" Shiori explained. 

Romy has never met Mikasa, but has seen her in the debriefing video. He saw that she was an extremely capable fighter. 

She was a male Attack Titan, while he was the female one. He wondered if the scientists mixed up the samples. Or did they even care? 

"A few days ago, they were sent over to the ruins of the city of Osaka" she continued showing the screen

Osaka was ruined and many of the residents who fled had not returned. 

Let alone a city, the population now was so scarce, although the area was large with many many buildings, it could not even be considered a medium sized town based on the population. 

"A few months ago, we managed to eliminate the threat zombie outbreak with our team. However, there was another cause of trouble that started in the outskirts of the city near the forest" she said

"There was something going on in Osaka whereby more and more people were turning into monsters and going wild. 

Based on our reports, you have fought a whole team of over 40 of them when you were there before. All these monsters seemed to be fighting over a coin that looks like this. We managed to get one off one of the monsters" she said, passing Romy a strange looking coin.

Romy looked at it closely. It was completely gold in color with a star on it.

"Strange creatures and monsters started killing the human population and even our army struggled to fight them" she continued

"Not long later, this person calling himself Nomans Nomen hijacked the broadcasting signals of all the major channels and showed off his new kingdom which he called Deader Land, which looks like a theme park.

He declared that he can give powers to whoever that wishes for it, to fight the people that had become monsters in Osaka. 

And he was telling the truth as another breed of monsters started coming out of the place.

We certainly can't tell the difference as they both created different and unique monsters, but they certainly could identify each other.

The fighting became so fierce that we had to quarantine Osaka to ensure nobody entered, and nobody left. Then we sent in our team to investigate.

They didn't report after a few days and we haven't heard from them in a week" Shiori ended

"So you want me to go in there for a rescue mission?" Romy asked

"Yes. We've sent several military teams in but no one returned. Help us. We'll be very grateful" General Matsuda said

"Very grateful" the Prime Minister nodded

Romy nodded as he stared at the screen again. He had wanted to meet Aiko and Kaede again, to see if they were alright. 

This was a mission he was waiting for.

 

10