Volume 1 – Chapter 0: Prologue
1.9k 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Thou dost what accords to thine will

 

Thou dost what conveys to thine order

 

* * *

Ruined Mansion - Somewhere in a dark room

 

The room had filled with gloomy aura with four candles illuminating every corner of the wall. It looked like it came from a certain mansion which they used as the monastery to perform a ritual. The lady with Japanese complexion had risen from the center of the magic circle— appeared to be a summoning portal with four humanoid-figures in bluish robes—the priests— who performed a particular ritual. 

The woman with aim purposes appeared to have a bold figure with her whole bare body. Words or marks attached on top of her midriff. Symbols they barely understood named on the woman belonging to her name.

She had the name called "Mirai Shizuku".

The aim of hers was unknown, other than it caused these men in blue robes.

"Gods Above! We have praised you!"

It satisfied them, weeping like a beggar with answered prayer being revealed in front of their dazzling eyes— probably her lecherous figure amazed them.

"O Yukiona, how have you been so kind as to save the world?"

One of them approached her, as she stood on the surface with her closed eyes. But there was something that made them gasp — a curved, single-edged blade with a squared guard and long grip to accommodate with her two hands had flashed on her right grip. Immediately, the lady swung her blade straight to his neck — decapitated with excessive gushing blood like a sprinkling fountain.

"No… this is presumptuous. You're supposed to be our symbol of goal…. Why?!"

The rest of the priests moved back away from the lady — powerless to stop the fatality she (unconsciously) committed.

"No~! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

But unfortunately, she chased every one of them as they struggled to fight back with their choice between life and death — perhaps they inadvertently chose it from the very beginning — it left the consequence unaided to change. Their dying screams overheard around the room and corridors within.
                                 

 * * *

She caught the squealing voice into her ears.

Subsequently, she ran to the area where it happened seconds ago.

Once reached, the scenery was odd for a crimson-eyed and huge-busted lady named Juliette van Vermiculo — wearing with her scarlet two-piece bikini outfit, black fingerless laces, and high heels — who intentionally stumbled and witnessed someone whom she was joyously looking for, though she could not tell herself if that someone was having a bad night or not.

"What in the hell is this?"

The "someone" had a bargain of pleasure which Juliette could notice that she was the one who made the old men's dying and squealing voice. It had torn predicting that the corpses of several men off by that "someone". The "someone" appeared to be not in the monster's form — Rather, it felt within it.

"M...ir….ai?" Juliette read the mark onto her midriff, partially identified.

Yes, someone named "Mirai" had made Juliette curiously trying to confirm if that form of a naked monstrous-looking woman was truly her all along. Unfortunately, Juliette couldn't give herself a bit of an answer because she hadn't seen her facial feature for the first time even when she sat way behind the stage of a bloody yet glorious stage...

And also, she noticed that someone (named "Mirai") was holding a curved, single-edged blade with a squared guard and long grip to accommodate her two hands. It measured around 65 centimeters long that could withhold two or three people in front of her which was why she successfully slew several men with versatile comfort around her grip.

"Hey! What's goin–ghh!"

Some men wearing red coats lately arrived behind her back, and their first reaction was a shocking panic once they saw an odd-looking woman holding a blade, coated with the blood of freshly dead men laying down on the floor.
Suddenly, the strange woman unconsciously brought herself down to the floor like the other guys whom she killed with her bloodstained blade.

"Ho ho ho!"  someone suddenly laughed, coming from one who wore a red regal coat. "I have caught a bluefin tuna. It looks like my luck is far greater than yours."

"Oh~! Said by the one who cooperated with the Blue Devil cult. You really are a despicable person who truly disobeys the order." 

"He he he! With the king?" he shrugged with an obvious look. "I have no intention to revolt against the Kingdom of Reversia. Our economic standard is far better than some commoners who willingly stop congress with excessive taxes. Let's say, lists of politicians, aristocrats, tax collectors, and generals alike have kept in a highly secured vault."

"Lists? An oath which they secretly promised to revolt against the royal authorities?" she suddenly summoned the blade, appearing in her right grip. "I say that you did an impressive job keeping your fortunes from the pitiful citizens just to commit a crime withholding your own responsibility for hurting and abducting hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children alike… and now with this ritual? You truly are a clever man."

"He he he! Not as much as you are, Juliette van Vermiculo."

Once a certain man with a regal coat delivered his last word, Juliette had her eyes widened, focusing on the direction behind his subordinates — bringing herself to approach closer behind them.

"Bleegh!"

Sidestepping to each of his associates, her restless slashing mercilessly dripped the blood of the other red coats, making sure that there would be no alternate back-up plans from his comrades.

Regardless, the man continuously smirked, amusingly placing himself like an overseer watching the deaths of his miserable lower ones — his useless pawns.

Once again, she glared at him, reappearing behind him and tossing her clear swing towards his head.

However…

"Ho! Looks like I turn the tables aside."

His right arm somehow transformed into something sinister which forced Juliette to halt, wrapping around her abdomen and her gripping wrist with its tip stripping off her top piece away from her bosom — it was the tentacle, showing that he was a demon breed.

Or perhaps…

"Yes! That's right! Unlike you, I have perfect demon blood flowing to my veins while residing in my actual human flesh," The tentacle-armed man laughed. "You can say that this is my checkmate to you."

He successfully dragged her into his deliberate plan.

She could not let her own body unshackle from its confinement while being clutched defenselessly.

Except...

There was something Juliette could restrain herself. With her blazing crimson eyes, she spat towards the tentacle arm, waiting for combustion to retaliate within.

"Hrrrrrrrgh! What is this? It's burning inside my arm."

She had an alternative way to grab back her upper hand beneath him. It looked like his arm was tearing itself with its black flame, causing its continual ravage on him.

"Looks like I got your 'mate'….. On my 'check'." Juliette chuckled as she witnessed her trump card.

The blackened flame somehow continued to spread while the man was trying to extinguish it, but unfortunately for him, it didn't work at all.

"I transport that flame to another dimension of your arm," Juliette toyed her fingers upward. "Making sure that you won't extinguish it anytime, anywhere."

"You bitch!! I'll dare you to sink yourself to hell and thrust yourself with your begging voice!!"

"Oh… I'm looking forward to that one."

Meanwhile, Juliette gazed towards him with her sinister-looking eyes, matching her crimson eyes representing a demon look on her face.

"Because I am also a demon! Now begone, you lowlife scum!!" yelled Juliette while grabbing his tormenting face through his hair.

She boosted the flames with a bit of her spit.

"Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

The man kept wailing until his death might stop him from eternal rest. His punishment was to strip off their oath, which he inadvertently broke his promise to his rebellious fellows. Juliette gratefully acknowledged the bit of aforementioned intel.

She calmed herself down and ignored his pitiful death while she was busy picking up her top piece that had fallen awhile ago.

"Lists of officials with an oath to revolt against the Royal Seat?" she soothingly sighed. "He also had some drug which could divert his abilities. I guess he got that from a certain black market. I wonder if some ministries are also involved in this case."

Juliette thought about the intel she got from a certain demonic-diverted man. With the involvement of the Blue Devil cult, she assumed that they formed some secret agreement behind the face of the Royal Seat. Hypothetically, the woman with a bloodstained blade awhile ago was an aim to use "her" as a weapon of their plan.

She checked someone who had that unusual face who unconsciously laid down on the ground like the rest of the blue-robed corpses with enormous bloodstained paint around them, so she approached a certain raven-haired woman who somehow had the shares of their similarities regarding their hair color.

"You somehow remind me of my young and naive self — just by the looks," Juliette muttered herself while picking her body up onto her shoulder.

On second thought, she could barely detour together with the unconscious raven-haired woman (somewhat looking alike to each other) to the nearest waterfall later — maybe she loved the scenery there. She even planned to take a little of rest beside her ideal place to relax.

"I wonder what will be my- our dinner tonight."

She softly smirked with no trouble left to care.

"But first, I'll give her some clothes to wear." 

15