Volume 1 – Chapter 5: Tackling Plan
744 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere near the port - Riverway, Outskirts of Reversia

Once their arrival above the cliff, Kyle and Myles were observing the view of the port while hiding with their horsebacks. With the bushes and huge-sized rocks, the advantage provided them to cover behind the object, so there would be no trouble being seen while enjoying the upper view of red ants crawling on the shore. They were analyzing the red-coated bandits who were camping on a particular port. 
 
Kyle gave himself a binocular observation.
 
"Based on my assumption, they had set up from farther away to the territory of Reversia. It seemed that they tried to avoid the surveillance in order to keep themselves unnoticeable, but reconsidering it, it might be too late for them that we already have caught their presence."
 
"What do you mean for that?" asked Myles.
 
"It's not like we have to send back the report to the commander physically," answered Kyle while giving himself a slight grin. "Due to our magic tracking tag, we can have some bit of collaboration with another particular division whom I really want to appreciate earlier."
 
With that, Kyle had extended his grin to the maximum. His calm intentions made him hold into his true expression when in fact, he was waiting for a plan to configure the strategy to end their operation while on the other hand, Myles was nodding as he understood his point. 
 
"If I could count optically, it seems that a number of members are exceedingly sized to four or five companies with three red vessels that have a similar physical representation," commented Myles while rolling his eyes horizontally. "Plus I caught the glimpse of other cages being disposed near the porting area. It seems that some slaves were already deployed."
 
"So this is how they smuggled slaves. If I remember correctly, they don't use them as breeding subjects, but something we can call it— the test subject."
 
"Test subjects? Wait? Are they gonna do human experimentation?"
 
"We are unsure of that rumor, but some foreign nation had reported the witness of dried corpses that biologically belonged to a female… the disposal of the corpses was found on the outskirts of the Kross Empire."
 
After giving his statement, Myles suddenly clicked his tongue and clenched his right hand. He was a perverted gentleman who could do anything to please other women, but his actual intentions were not correlated to his reaction. Of course, the fact that he would not let other women be handed to these red-coated bandits held his own reasons to be exceedingly agile as soon as they would never reach overly behind. 
 
"So Myles… What are your considerations based on your reaction a while ago? I'm sure that you have the reason why you joined the Black Perspire squad." 
 
"Send them to absolute obliteration," gently voiced Myles. "If this continues, many people would be much vulnerable from generation to generation. Their long-term plan has to end as soon as possible."
 
"Hmm… So are you demanding to invade the empire?"
 
"If I would give myself a chance, then yes."
 
"Also the war?"
 
"Peace will happily be obliged."
 
As part of the Black Perspire squad from the Black Resort Division Army, they had the right to provide peace and order for their country. Their goal was to complete the operation without any casualties that might bring further problems in regards to resources. To avoid the situation, Kyle had to continue the plan before any changes would be wasted. 
 
"They should arrive here in about five minutes. I'm pretty sure that they are currently marching towards this point of the cliff," Kyle complained while fidgeting his index finger. 
 
"So what 'particular division' are you collaborating with? I'm very curious about your satisfaction about this."
 
"Let's say… vanilla."
 
"Are you trying to make me think that this is some sort of hidden riddle?"
 
"Your guess is correct. No wonder that you're such a clever person even putting a panty within your banquet," Kyle winked his left eye.
 
"Shut up! That wasn't my intention—"
 
With his sudden aggression, Kyle settled Myles down by covering his mouth and grabbing his collar. 
 
"Shush… now you're making more trouble around here."
 
Although the noise was not able to produce echoes that could be heard from the enemies in a far distance, their breath of relief had been gasped with a safe fortune of intuition. 
 
"I guess nobody hears strange noises," sighed Kyle while holding his collar. "Please don't make any single commotion from now on."
 
Apparently, it was Kyle's fault to cause its ruckus that might possibly bring recklessness to end the operation with a failing result (but at least, any plans could continue anytime… such as Plan B to Plan C). 
 
"Hey, it looks like my old friend had caught some nerve-racking scenario around here."
 
A sudden voice had teased Sir Kyle's embarrassment, leaving himself to be coincidentally exposed. 
 
"Oh… if it isn't Sir Markus… have you enjoyed your tracking device?" asked Kyle while releasing Myles' collar.
 
The man who called Kyle was Markus who wore his absolute white garment. The same goes for his thousands of subordinates behind him except the difference between the leader and the member was pants in contrast to its color— black. What Kyle said about vanilla was referred to Markus himself (together with his comrades). 
 
"Thanks to you, I give myself and my army a big hell of a march with your one-day treaty of yours," Markus softly shrugged. "Well, at least the Royal Seat will give us the reward which is ours… big… deal… isn't it?"
 
"So you're telling me that you solely get it over for just a reward? How presumptuous you are."
 
Kyle sighed while Markus was flexing with his pride as a chatterbox. 
 
"Anyways, enough of this chat of arrival… Let's pull a trigger before this delivery would be taken off."
 
Hence, Markus snapped his finger to signal something with the cannons being propelled by the hands of the white-coated fellows. He confidently unleashed his trump card to give them an element of surprise. 
 
"Not just behind me," Markus pointed towards the far opposite side of the cliff. "We're going to add more intensity around this port." 
 
"Wait! What about the slaves?!"
 
Myles suddenly questioned Markus about the situation. If the guns were blasted towards the port, there was no mistake that some slaves would be spared in the first place. 
 
"Have you located where they resided in? Any quarters you would theoretically consider?"
 
Markus felt disappointed by Myles' sudden question although he secretly planned to spare the lives of some abducted slaves. The current objective was to terminate the organization and save the slaves from being delivered to the hands of the Empire (that still needed to verify the fact). 
 
"Kyle and I will infiltrate the port base first," said Myles while gazing towards the port. "Good thing is that this view can provide you with a clear assumption of any signs of glances and occurrences."
 
"Then… what is the next step?"
 
"Because of the shore that can be clearly seen by everyone else on the shore, you guys will do the firing shot after once we already have retrieved the abducted slaves for every nook and cranny." 
 
"Do you mean diversion?" asked Kyle while rubbing his cheeks. "If I can sum up your statement, you thought these guys need to be distracted in order for us to escape easily." 
 
"Well… rattling is one of every human reaction upon witnessing the element of surprise. It's like you have seen the snake that suddenly jumped over you."
 
With that, Kyle agreed to his point; however, there was something that he had witnessed a risk of getting noticed. It was something that made the enemy deliverer successfully send the signal of needing reinforcement. 
 
Realizing that, made Kyle questioned about a certain coincidence.
 
"How about the flare signal that they blasted off?"
 
"Oh, now I think about it," said Markus while playing his chin. "I also saw one a while ago from far meters away, and I do know that is not your style of handing out yourself some sort of exposure." 
 
"Then, have you thought about it? I'm always expecting that changing plans correctly is one of your professions after all," said Kyle with a bit of his smirk.
 
"I have brought musketeers too… that was my exact plan, to begin with." 
 
"Are there any alternatives?! I don't think it gives too much power to eradicate them."
 
Realizing the fact, Myles complained about Markus's suggestion because they were not completely sure when a particular plan could withhold the same aim. 
 
"As if both you are the members of the Black Resort, I do hope that your stealth profession will rely on us and these slaves."
 
Markus refuted Myles' argument with their basic reliability to prowl within the port., both of their camaraderie despite distinct divisions intrigued them. Settling the plan, Markus summed up together with their strategy to reconvene their battle. 
 
"So that's how it works…. eh~" 
 
Realizing their comprehension, it was Kyle who had startled around their brainstorming. When glancing below, the clear and sandy opening of the port made their possible yet risky situation. 
 
"Well, we adapted a technique with so-called 'Temporary Invisibility'... so we will conveniently escort them as soon as possible in a calm manner." 
 
Kyle flexed with his clenching fist while Myles rustled for no actual reasons. 
 
"We'll leave the distractions to us," said Markus while raising his hand upward. "After all, both of you will be the umbrella of escort." 
 
"Wait.... what about the flare that you are concerned—"
 
"It's none of my business around that flare… because that thing was not their concern too."
 
Markus knew something felt wrong about that flare. It was not some kind of warning sign which they demanded a reinforcement request, but apparently, it was giving something as a signal. 
 
"By the way, one of my men had witnessed a cage-like carriage with people in it," Markus added the rumor. "So I ordered one of my companies to pursue them as soon as possible."
 
What Markus was informing made Kyle apprehended the purpose of the flare. The usage of the flare was to signal someone who would hand out their command to their distant comrades as a communication. Surely in the military, it was their own language to set it up from the very beginning. Such as teaching morse codes with distinct languages or dialects alike was the thing that the opposing party could not understand what it supposed to mean in such ways. 
 
But Kyle apparently figured out something based on Markus's account.
 
"That was not the sign of reinforcement... That was the sign of diversion." 
 
Markus and Myles caught Kyle's attention as they gasped, knowingly the meaning behind that material signal. 
 
"Wonderful thing that the one I ordered could catch it, but I'm also afraid that they won't be able to go back alive." 
 
"So our hypothesis for this… was that this port isn't the only base that these red coats didn't solely provide to that." 
 
"Everything in their pockets has alternative ways to put the coins to somewhere else." 
 
With that, Markus concluded the mystery. It was too simple for them to comprehend the situation, but the conclusion remained questionable, other than was the alteration would suffice them to achieve their plan cleverly. 
 
"Time for the execution… we don't want to ruin this operation to be finished up idly," Markus snapped his finger once again. Our line here has reached the boundary to those who threaten the people and its nation."
 
Finally, all of them including Kyle and Myles nodded while they mounted their horses to start the plan properly. They had to abide by the procedures given by their own suggestions of the plan. This was their collaboration that it had promoted them to. 
 
No apparent contradiction would let them achieve the operation with empty-handed mercy.

7