04.The Will of the Gods?
151 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days after meeting Derrik, Atria's body was fully recovered, so she was inside the bell tower observing the city.

Flem was busy hosting a wedding ceremony, so Atria was free from her reading and writing classes.

After Atria confirmed that she possessed prana, there was not much she could do but get acquainted with that cold feeling. Although Derrik had said that she would need someone to teach her, Atria was not just going to sit around waiting.

To gain some control over her prana, Atria had been closing her eyes to remember not only with her mind but with her body that feeling of coldness. Atria was already fully capable of causing that sensation to emerge and regress to her will. However, this was all she could do.

Atria didn't really know anything about prana and the Knights, so she completely could not even try to figure out what to do next.

Atria stopped practicing when she saw people leaving the church, all of them surrounded a couple who were walking happily through the wide square in front of the church.

In this society, women without connections have only two options, to become prostitutes or marry a man who can support them.

Seeing this happy couple, Atria recalled how her mother continually told her she must find a husband to establish a happy home.

Because of the environment in which she grew up, Atria was forced to mature in a hurry, so she understood many things that her mother believed she did not.

Atria once heard one of her sisters complain about women choosing to get marriedHere we sell our bodies to several men, but they have sold only one.

Although Atria did not understand that at the time, she did once she heard the story of a newcomer to the brothel. It was a young woman who had escaped from her husband just a month after getting married, the reason that man used to hit her for any flaw she had. Brothel women were often beaten by clients. This was the same for Atria's mother, so there really seemed to be no difference between getting married and becoming a prostitute.

On the other hand, in the brothel there were women who had reached that kind of life after the death of their husbands, they had no other way to support their children, however, these women had apparently been happy while their husbands were with lifetime.

There were also two women who had been abandoned by their husbands after they had been unfaithful to them.

As for Atria's mother, she never revealed to Atria the reason she became a prostitute.

A little curious about the priest Flem's position on this, Atria had dared to ask him about it.

Hunger and misery are evils of this world, what people do or don't do to deal with these evils is something that only the gods can judge with their infinite wisdomAtria was really surprised that Flem showed no prejudice against prostitutes. As far as Atria knew, other priests publicly condemned them while secretly paying for their services.

From what Atria had learned during her stay in the church, Flem's finances were in the red. The reason for this was that this priest was always trying to help others.

Looking at the woman who had just left the church, Atria could not help wondering, would that woman find happiness, or would she end up in a brothel?

The world was neither black nor white. At seven years old Atria already understood this.

Atria soon noticed Derrik approaching and sensed that he was finally bringing an answer about the person who could train her, so she turned and hurried down the stairs.

By the time Atria entered the small hall where the ceremony had taken place, Derrik was already entering while Flem was arranging the objects he had used.

Atria approached Flem and stood to one side of it while Derrik approached.

"Do you have good news, Derrik?"

"That person will come in four days to meet the girl and if that person finds her has interesting, that person trains her"Derrik showed some discomfort in saying this.

"If this person find Atria interesting?"Flem really didn't understand this point.

"It is part of her peculiarity, however, she will come in four days, the rest no longer depends on me"

"She? Is it a woman?

"That's right, an eccentric woman"

Flem did not worry too much, for him this was really a design of the gods, what better to train a girl who would become the holy knight than another woman? Atria would learn not only to control her prana but also to behave like a lady.

Derrik had nothing more to say, so he left to go back to work.

As for Atria, she helped Flem put his things in order. This was the least she could do for this kind priest who had been taking care of her.

With Atria having nothing more to do than practice her control over her prana inside her body, the four days passed and Derrik finally returned accompanied by a beautiful blue-haired woman wearing a gray military uniform.

"Father Flem, this is Juna"

"Without a family name?"

In response to Flem's question, Juna started laughing.

“My family considers it a disgrace to have been expelled from my order, so they have expelled me tooJuna not only was not concerned about this but seemed to be very amused.

"I understand, I thank you for taking the trouble to come here, Miss Juna."

"Let's see my apprentice"

Flem nodded at Juna's words and guided her to Atria's room.

Upon seeing Flem enter, Atria stood up. However, from one moment to the next she was in the air. A beautiful woman with blue hair and who did not look older than twenty was holding Atria in her hands like a baby.

"She is adorable!"Juna made this statement with all the power of her lungs. Barely seeing Atria, she couldn't stop her body from moving to catch that little girl.

Seeing that, Derrik could not help but leave a very long sigh, what he expected had happened.

As for Flem, he smirked. It was clear that this woman would not reject Atria with whom she had become attached at first sight.

"Little girl, what is your name?"

"Atria Levi, onee-san"Atria quickly recovered from her initial surprise, truth be told, she was quite used to receiving this treatment from her older sisters in the brothel.

"You are adorable Atria-chan!"Juna carried Atria against her chest and rubbed her face over Atria's cheeks.

Several days had passed since the last time Atria had felt her body being pressed against two bulging breasts, so she couldn't help but show a faint smile full of nostalgia.

"Please put your eccentricity under control?"

After hearing Derrik exclaim that, Juna frowned angrily for a second, but then smiled again at the sight of Atria's face.

Juna carefully lowered Atria and stepped back, keeping that smile on his lips.

"My name is Juna, and from today I will become your older sister, Atria-chan"

"You are supposed to become their sensei!"Derrik exclaimed this in an exasperated tone of voice.

"Yes, when we are training you should refer to me as Juna-sensei, but at any other time you can call me Juna-nee, do you understand, Atria-chan?"

"Yes, Juna-nee"

"You are so adorable!"Juna pounced once more on Atria and hugged her.

"Miss Juna, does that mean that you would take Atria as your apprentice?"

Juna had to turn away from Atria once more to look at Flem.

"That is correct, however, I am assigned to the thirteenth legion in Galdena and I only have a few more days off, so I will have to take Atria-chan with me to Galdena."

"Galdena?"

Galdena city was the last point of human control, beyond that city there was nothing but territory occupied by demons.

Since Atria must guide humanity against demons in the future, Galdena will undoubtedly become her point. The gods have everything plannedFlem did not cease to be amazed at the designs of the gods, this was preparation for Atria to understand the situation of humanity from an early age“It is the will of the gods”

Derrik rolled his eyes upon hearing Flem's repetitive response. However, would this devoted priest think the same if he knew the reason Juna was expelled from her order?

"I repeat, I will not be responsible for anything"Derrik raised his hands and declared this, to which Juna let out an angry snort.

What was the reason this beautiful woman had been expelled from her order?

Juna was actually a women's predator, she used to take some of her order mates to her room and even women of other orders, although this was outrageous, Juna's talent caused her superiors to ignore her behavior, if the Men did things like this, why make a fuss about a talented woman doing the same? The problem came when Juna was caught trying to seduce the daughter of one leader of her order. This was already considered completely out of bounds and Juna was expelled.

How could Derrik explain something like this to a priest? He could only leave this up to the gods as Flem constantly said. If that girl ended up becoming one of Juna's prey, this was something that no longer concerned him.

Since Juna wanted to return to Galdena as soon as possible to prepare what is necessary to train Atria, both would leave today.

Atria must have prepared a few clothes that Flem had got for her.

"Thank you for every father Flem"Atria gave a strong hug to the kind priest who had been taking care of her.

"My role ends here, be strong and persevering in your mission"for Flem, the role the gods had given him was to hand Atria over to Juna.

Atria turned away from Flem while wiping away some tears. Even if she had only lived with him for such a short period, she had become attached to this kind priest.

"Don't worry father Flem, I will take good care of this treasure that the gods have sent us"Juna declared this full of security.

Derrik rolled his eyes. This woman had no respect even for the gods?

"I trust it will be that way, Miss Juna"Flem was completely convinced that Juna had been chosen by the gods to be the next step on the road to Atria.

"Thank you, Derrik-sama"Atria directed a slight bow towards Derrik, who nervously rubbed his head, he did not expect to receive any thanks.

"Little girl, I know nothing about your mission and the supposed design of the gods, just make sure you become an excellent Knight... and remember sleep with one eye open always"Derrik added the latter in a tone full of seriousness, which caused a little confusion in Atria.

"Enough of your jokes Derrik, we must go or we will miss the train"

Jokes?Derrik resisted the urge to reprimand Juna.

From Juna's hand, Atria left the church and headed towards the city station.

The only sure way to travel from one city to another was by using armored trains.

7