Chapter 50: Predictions
188 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50: Predictions

Joan grabbed Mokuba's hand. "Hold up." She addressed Drina. "You mentioned my aura earlier. How do you see auras?"

"It's all about intention. One needs to desire a deeper understanding of others. Most people only focus on the physical, but if you tune your awareness to the spiritual plane, you can see so much more. This takes practice, and many people feel an aura long before they can see it."

Joan focused her attention on Drina, and Mokuba felt electricity shoot through his head. Joan sensed honesty, curiosity, and compassion surrounding Drina. "She's legit. Let's finish this reading."

"And there is your first answer," Drina said. "Joan has access to a very powerful source of energy that's accelerating her spiritual growth. Mokuba, you are tied to it as well. In fact, there's one ray of light from you and three from more distant sources. It's absolutely incredible to witness. Of course, I'll keep all this in confidence."

Unable to argue with Drina's perception this time, Mokuba sighed and sat back down. "What's the next card?"

Drina revealed a card with a warrior holding three swords. Two more lay on the ground. In the distance, two people walked away. "Five of Swords, reversed. You've fought battles in the past, ones that didn't end well. You may have lost faith in yourself for a time, but in this position in the spread, it means those influences are coming to an end. Joan, I sense that you experienced some career-related trauma. Ultimately, you chose love over your career. It held you back at times but also left you free to seize other opportunities working more independently. Mokuba, you chose your career over love and friendships. It was an especially difficult choice for you, and you've second-guessed yourself many times. You've both carved a path through darkness, and now that you've found each other, you can fill the voids in one another's lives and move on."

"OK, now that's something you couldn't have read in the papers," Mokuba said.

Joan sat back and grinned.

"The next card will show me your goals." Drina flipped over a card portraying a nude male and female gazing at an angelic figure in the sky. "The Lovers. No surprise. You stand for unity and harmony. Your goal is to build a home with not only each other but with all the people you love. This will require strong communication as well as sacrifice. Joan, you strike me as prepared for these sacrifices, but others may find them more difficult. Honesty is the way forward."

Joan liked what she heard, but she didn't see the connection to the ring. Perhaps it would reveal its secrets another time.

"This next card will reveal your future." Drina revealed a hand holding a chalice overflowing with five streams of water descending into a lotus pond. Above the chalice, a dove held what Joan recognized as a communion wafer. "This is a very good sign, one of the best you could hope for. It aligns with the energy I sensed in you when we first met. Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

"Pretty sure. I mean, my husband and I did try recently, but it was rather late in my cycle to expect anything."

Mokuba held his tongue.

"Well, if not now, it seems you will be soon. The Ace of Cups often signifies birth, sometimes the birth of an idea rather than a person, but it could even be both."

Joan smiled. "That's good then."

"Keep in mind that this reading is about the two of you." Drina looked meaningfully at Mokuba. "The next card will reveal more about who the two of you are together." Drina turned over a card depicting a woman with a rounded belly and a crown of stars sitting on a cushy throne in the middle of an orchard. "The Empress. A symbol of abundance, nurturing, growth, and most definitely birth. Again, this could be the birth of an idea, perhaps your blossoming spiritual awareness."

"Or both?" Joan asked.

Drina gave a warm laugh. "Certainly. It could always be both."

Worry lines creased Mokuba's face, but Joan failed to notice, caught up in the beautiful artwork on the cards before her.

Drina noticed Mokuba's discomfort but chose not to confront him after the earlier friction between them. "Next we have the people in your life – your family and friends." Drina flipped over a card with a bearded man on a throne adorned with rams' heads. "Oh my! The Emperor. What are the odds?"

Joan's excitement grew. "Forget the odds. What does it mean?"

"Simply put, he's a father figure. Under normal circumstances, I would say this means your child will have a lot of support from friends and family, but since you also mentioned your husband . . . there's so much more here. I can't separate the energies I'm seeing right now. It's blinding."

"Blinding?" Joan asked.

"Your aura, their auras overlapping. I can't tell what's at the center."

Mokuba let his breath out slowly. Everything Drina said seemed to confirm his sneaking suspicions. He couldn't tell if this was good or bad, and two facedown cards still remained on the table. He wondered if he should call off the rest of the reading, but what excuse could he give this time?

Drina's eyes met Mokuba's as her fingers lingered over the next card. "Are you ready to face your hopes and fears?"

Mokuba gulped and nodded.

Drina revealed the card, a youth dressed in bright colors and holding a chalice containing a single fish. "The Page of Cups. In this position in the spread, this card means you are very open-minded, yet you still fear surprises. The thing you secretly hope for may be the exact same thing you fear. The Page of Cups also tends to signify birth. You have high hopes for your future offspring, but you also have fears. In your unique case, I sense . . ."

"Go on," Joan urged.

"I sense you may fear having a child with the wrong father."

"Shit," Mokuba blurted.

"Calm down. This position in the spread is about your emotions, not reality. Plus, the card is upright, and that indicates a pleasant surprise. Your fears might be unfounded."

Joan took Mokuba's hand and turned to him. "Would it really be so bad if it's yours? Before Michael and I got married, he told me that if I accidentally got pregnant with another man, we could work through it depending on the circumstances. We can test its DNA before it's born and, worst case, we can start over."

"Start over?" Although Joan's terminology was vague, Mokuba had a feeling she meant an abortion. "No. It's just that you trust Michael, but I don't even know him." Mokuba began rambling. "What if he changes his mind and murders me in my sleep? Or worse, what if you wind up with Marc's baby and Laura murders you in your sleep? She gets really violent in her writing and it scares me sometimes. I mean, have you read the lore about the doll part monsters?" Mokuba shook with nervous energy, still not ready to admit his real suspicions.

Drina noticed the change in Mokuba's aura. "Remember the Seven of Swords. Secrets are an obstacle to you, and the sooner you tell the truth, the sooner you can remove that obstacle."

"We know, we know," Mokuba said, "but we need more time."

"If you're sure. The cards are only a guide, and it's up to you to make the right call in the end. Now, let's see your final outcome." Drina flipped over a card with a castle in the background. In the foreground, a man and a maiden danced under a garland of flowers held up by four golden rods. "You lucky ducks! It's the four of wands. It stands for stability and comfort in the home, a happy reunion and celebration. With the four rays of light I've seen converging on Joan, I sense something truly spectacular in your future."

"That's good to hear," Mokuba said.

"See?" Joan said, "Things will be fine. You've got to stop worrying so much."

Mokuba smiled for the first time since they sat down. "Yeah, it probably won't be that bad."

"Well, we got that question answered, but it's not really the question we had in mind," Joan said.

"Actually, it is." Mokuba texted the bodyguards. "Thanks, Drina. This has actually been quite helpful." He stood and handed a wad of cash to the psychic.

"It has?" Joan asked.

"I have a theory I'll explain later. Come on, let's go." Mokuba spotted Joe walking towards the tent and pulled Joan away from the table.

18