23: Cultivation Talk
246 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

23: Cultivation Talk

Headmaster of the Clear Sky sect’s view:

“We’ve been friends a long time, even longer than you’ve been the headmaster of the Clear Sky sect. Yet, this is the first time I’ve seen you mope so much over a little girl not liking you.” 

“It’s not just some girl, it’s the greatest teacher of cultivation arts I’ve ever met.”

“Getting her approval is not really that hard, y’know?”

“Not that hard? Not that hard?! It just requires going against everything I’ve learned in this world!

“Hey, I learned the same things. Everyone learned to kill or be killed. I’m glad to give up that way of thinking.”

“Hmph, that’s because you actually have regrets. I regret nothing! I did what I had to, and I triumphed! I’m not going to start over with learning entirely new ways of training and cultivating like you did.”

“Can’t you just listen to the recorded lectures anyway? It’s not like anyone would stop you from attending.” 

“It’s no good. Everyone hears and sees what she wants them to. For me, all I get are repeat lessons on the basics of a style I have no interest in. Mastering her soft style combat would only weaken my existing foundation.”

“I can’t believe you. You’re upset that she won’t teach you what you want to know, when there’s no proof she even knows it.” 

“She’s read and mastered every book in the library. It’s clear she knows it. She knows every style in our sect, and likely more.”

“Well, maybe instead of moping about, and being sad that someone won’t teach you how to improve your path of domination, perhaps you should just go carve your own path! How can you dominate over others, if you need help?”

“... damnit, your right.”

“Of course I am. I’m always right.”

“Except about every guy you thought would be the one.”

“... t-that’s why I’m trying to learn non-lethal moves. I don’t want to kill any more promising men by accident. That doesn’t count!”

***Author Note*** 

Writing rate is slowing down, but I’d like to try and have one update a week, so I’m letting the chapter be small.

8