25: No
231 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

25: No.

One of the most powerful cultivators in the world, watches with a friend as Lane practices more of her skills in an open grassy field.

“So, this is the young woman you want me to do something about?” 

“She’s seriously threatening to take over and change the very nature of cultivation in our world.” 

“She wrote books.”

“She’s also completely changed the Clear Sky sect.” 

“Do you understand what she’s doing here?” 

“Performing a musical?”

“Use your divine sense. Not just your eyes and ears, fool.”

“... the very world is following her lead!”

“Yeah. She’s shaping the weather and the air and environment as she dances and sings. See how the flowers bloom and wilt at appropriate times for the story? The crack of thunder when an emphasis is needed? The way the clouds darken the sky or clear away for different moments? I know how these things can be done, but I’m not that good at doing it, and she’s somehow doing it without divine sense. That should be impossible.”

“You mean, she’s able to direct the flow of the world by instinct?”

“There’s no other explanation for this. I dare not challenge her. She’s stronger than me.” 

“She hasn’t even formed a core yet! All she’s really done is build her foundation so far!”

“I can’t do, what she’s doing right now. Sure, I could be arrogant and assume this expertise of her’s won’t be enough to overcome the difference in power, but if she can do this, then she can prevent my attacks from reaching her. Regardless of how much power I have, if she can redirect it like she does the flow of nature here, my power will be worse than useless. She’d be able to use it against me!”

“Then how do we stop her?”

“We don’t. Just let her rule for a while. She’ll ascend and things will go back to normal again. That’s how it always is.”

***Author Note***

TL;DR:

A: “Please old friend, kill this woman for me.”

B: “No.”

Origin of the chapter title.

8