Chapter 2
1.6k 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2:

  After finding the ideal setting for our new village, everyone settled down and huddled together for the night. Since we had found a place with temperate weather year-round, shelter was more a convenience than a necessity. Luckily God had provided everyone with a change of clothes into their most iconic outfits so no one had to sully their wedding dresses in the dirt.

  Shelter was definitely a priority for the future, though. First things first, we needed a gigantic mansion for all hundred of my wives and I to live together in equal matrimonial bliss. This meant 100 individual bedrooms for the wives, a master bedroom for myself with a big bed where I could invite as many girls in for the night as I wanted, and the usual amenities of bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, closets, etc., etc. Being born into a new world meant no internet, water, sewage or electricity, which kind of sucked. But the corresponding reduction in overpopulation meant none of these were as dramatic necessities as one might expect.

  For instance, electricity wasn't nearly as important when the temperature outside was fine to begin with. We had set camp up next to plenty of fresh, clean flowing water. Everyone could do their business in the woods without fear of coming across anyone else or spreading contagion. And the internet was hardly necessary when everyone in the world was within walking and talking distance of each other to begin with.

  Still, I was determined to regain all the comforts of modern living in this new world. I was fine with leaving behind the rest of the world's people, but their inventions had done no wrong.

  Within my 100 wives, I had to find the technical prowess to build a mansion with running water, a sewage system, and electricity. Computers and internet too, ideally, but apparently that was an order of magnitude tougher so it could be deferred for now.

  "Cure Up RaPaPa! Breakfast, appear before us!" Riko waved her wand, and a nice hot stew appeared in the middle of the clearing complete with 100 wooden bowls and spoons. The metal ladle magically floated into the giant pot and poured out a serving to each bowl in turn, not spilling a single drop. Cure Magical had wonderful control of her magic, but sadly couldn't fashion permanent arbitrary objects like her friend Cure Felice could. This meant simply asking her to summon a mansion for all the inhabitants was a no go. Small things like conjured food were about her limit.

  I had chosen my 100 waifus first and foremost for their looks and personality, so Cure Felice's power wasn't worth it compared to the company of a girl I could truly love. Cure Magical was beautiful, voiced by Yui Horie, diligent and cutely stubborn sometimes, so her magic was already plenty good enough.

  "Sakura," I walked over to the most powerful of my magical girl waifus. "Did God provide you with all your cards, even the anime-exclusive ones?"

  "Yes," Sakura Kinomoto nodded. "Kero-chan and Yue aren't here, but my staff and cards were considered tools so they were all put in my backpack."

  "Okay." I breathed a sigh of relief. Sakura Kinomoto had incredible powers, so I planned on relying on her for a great many things in the future. Right now I had just one card in mind though.

  "If Kaname provides the blueprints for a modern house, could you use Wood to grow out a perfect replica?" I asked.

  "I can do better than that." Sakura smiled confidently. "With Appear I could manifest the entire thing. All it takes is proper imaging."

  "Wow. After breakfast how about you two get together and give us a proper mansion then. I'm not good with water heaters, wiring and the like, I have no clue how the place should work, but I want 100 bedrooms with 100 bathrooms, a master bedroom with a giant master bathroom, a public bath so big everyone could fit in together if they wanted, kitchens, dining rooms, including a master dining room that could sit all 101 of us, and let's see, a play room, a reading room, a music room, a laundry room. . ." I started wondering what else we would need.

  Sakura's eyes started whirling and her body started swaying so I broke off my list of demands to hold her shoulders. "I guess I can't expect all of that to Appear at once, huh? My bad. Just build it bit by bit and make sure the parts can all join up in the end, okay?"

  Sakura nodded at that, looking a little more hopeful. "I get too tired if I use too much of my magic at once so I'll chip away at it little by little."

  "Ask everyone how they want their bedroom to look or if they have any special wants before you finalize it, okay?" I ordered Sakura. "We're going to be living here for a long time so I don't want anyone feeling unsatisfied with what they got."

  Well, a mansion would form when it was ready, sooner or later. At least everyone could sleep on the floor and have a roof over their heads from tonight onwards, which was already progress.

  The next problem was even if the wiring, pipes, and fiber cables were all magically manifested, if nothing flowed through them it didn't amount to anything.

  As for a power plant to generate the electricity needed, I already had an idea. "Juvia, Shana, I'm going to need you for this." I called over my water and fire elementalists.

  "Kaname has the blueprint for a steam turbine in her head, so we'll have electricity for our village. The only thing we lack is water and fire to turn it into steam and get the turbine spinning." I explained.

  "Juvia believes there is something else missing. Juvia notes that steam turbines in Kaname's head doesn't translate to reality." Juvia objected.

  "We'll make it Appear with Sakura's magic," I hand waved the objection away.

  "Isn't she working on something else?" Shana arched an eyebrow.

  "That isn't the point right now." I kept down my frustration. "I'm saying that once we have a mansion and once we have a power plant you two should come every morning and boil all the hot water we need for our electricity needs."

  "If the power plant generates all the electricity in the morning where will it be stored until needed throughout the day and night?" Shana asked.

  "I guess we'll need batteries too." I admitted. Was power generation and distribution difficult on Earth too? It seemed so cheap and easy when I lived there.

  "And switches to suck energy from the batteries to the necessary appliances on and off." Shana provided helpfully.

  "Mikoto!" I shouted, now out of my depths. Mikoto Misaka walked over, carrying her empty bowl and utensils because she didn't have anywhere to put them.

  "What is it?" Mikoto asked, sitting down in the dirt next to the other girls.

  "They want an expert on electricity to turn the basic ingredients of a power station into an actual distribution grid. You can do it, right?" I asked hopefully.

  "If I had the necessary tools and materials." Mikoto agreed. "A part of my head understands naturally all things electrical and computational, but that's only theoretically. I can't make anything from nothing."

  "If we dug up the copper could you form it into wires? And, what, the lithium for the batteries?" I asked.

  "I think a lead acid battery would do better here." Mikoto replied. "So lead, phosphate and water. With my magnetism I can reshape metal on the fly no problem."

  "Okay. I suppose we need to eventually find mineral veins for every important element. But for now I'll have Mitsuki form a dark matter hunk of everything you need, since base elements are simple enough for her to imagine." I wanted Sakura to focus on making the mansion so I'd leave this level of creation to Mitsuki.

  I walked over to Mitsuki and told her to join the power plant group, then took Lucy aside for my next project. "Lucy, I need you to use Virgo to dig our mansion's foundation and the water and sewage lines going in and out. For now, let's dig a canal that connects to a river and it can take our sewage out to the ocean."

  "We're going to pollute all this lovely scenery around us with raw sewage?" Lucy's eyebrows rose in consternation.

  "It's fine, there's only 101 of us. The environment can take care of that much on its own. We don't need a sewage treatment plant. All we ever needed was a sustainable population. Every invention we think we need is only due to there being so damn many people packed together in one place."

  "What about a landfill?" Lucy asked.

  "Just dig up a gigantic cavern we can throw our trash into. 101 people won't generate much trash to begin with, even after 100 years." I assured Lucy.

  "What about when our kids start showing up?" Lucy asked, her face reddening slightly.

  "Well, dig a big enough cavern for them too." I smiled at the prospect. "We'll put garbage chutes in various places in the mansion and then have it slide into the cavern with gravity. Can you do that?"

  "Virgo can dig as much and as far as you could ever want." Lucy bragged.

  "Okay, I leave it to you." I delegated. That took care of water, electricity, housing and sewage. Computers and internet, huh? That would have to be deferred until the more important steps were finished. There would be no need for cars or phones because everyone was within hailing distance anyway. Modern medicine was no match for my magical healing corps, so that wasn't an issue. What other conveniences did people need? Things like shampoo, deodorant, razors, toilet paper, toothbrushes. . .for that matter paper in general. Furniture, of course, most especially chairs, tables and beds. For now Sakura would have to make all of it Appear.

  An idea came to me. "Orihime," I singled her out from the crowd. Her orange hair was easy to spot. "Go to Sakura and occasionally Reject her tiredness so she can increase her output. Would that work?"

  "Are you a slave driver?" Orihime asked.

  "I think the girls who are really suffering are the ones who can't be of any help at all, not the ones who are needed to try their best." I replied, putting my hand on her arm.

  "Technically I can reject anything," Orihime admitted, "I've restored reiatsu before, so I suppose magic should work the same way. It takes time though."

  "I'm sure it's way faster than waiting for Sakura to rest up on her own." I reassured. "Once everyone has everything they need to get by in daily life the pace will slow down."

  Orihime nodded and walked over to join Sakura and Kaname's group.

  Okay, there was one more person I really needed to talk to before I could relax and let the wives take over.

  "Usagi," I called out to the dango twintailed blonde. "God gave you the Silver Crystal so you can transform, right?"

  "Uwaah." Usagi jumped up, not expecting to be called on. "It's in my makeup compact. That and the pen to transform with. It was all left in my backpack. Why?"

  "I need you to channel that infinite power like you did as Queen Serenity and grant us all eternal youth. It's no use having 100 brides if they all age out of attractiveness before I can even get to them." I explained.

  "Endymion, you plan on living together with us for a Silver Millennium?" Usagi gasped happily. "I'll get to live with you forever?"

  "That's the plan." I nodded happily. "How could I grow bored with this many girls?"

  "I'd never grow bored with you alone." Usagi Tsukino countered. Well, that was due to God's grace. But the fact was Queen Serenity did stay married to Tuxedo Mask for a thousand years, so her love was already proven to be unfathomably deep. It was reassuring to have feelings of that magnitude transferred over.

  In fact, there wasn't a waifu among my harem who I wouldn't trust to have unchanging devotion to me for a thousand years of eternal youth. They were written to be really good girls with really good hearts, whose devotion could withstand the worst storms. Asuna had literally thrown herself bodily into a sword to save her love. It was the same for all of them, more or less. I could trust my life to any of their feelings without worry. That's why I had chosen them out of all imaginable girls.

  Of course, some of the girls had no developed love lives in their origin, but it seemed from how well our wedding had gone that God had smoothed the way, taking their generally kind and loving hearts and extending that to a romantic attachment for me in particular. God was true to Her word so she made sure all 100 girls would be proper waifus. Aoba, Kokona, Haruka Haruno, Kobato, Azu-nyan and the like may not have technically had proven successful love lives, but their potential was so overflowingly apparent that if they ever were sparked to feel love for me I could rest assured it would never fade.

  I would bet on the fruitfulness of their love any day, even without having to see a worked example. Their everyday kindness showed the proper disposition of a wife and mother without any need for proof.

  It was another story if I acted beyond the parameters God had awarded me, but it was against my nature to hurt good people, much less people who were good to me, to begin with. There was nothing I would ever want to do that would test their love for me. How far God had intervened into their free will wasn't an experiment I had any interest in finding the answer to.

  "Let's keep their unaging a secret for now." I suggested to Usagi. "Some of the lolis might have wanted to grow up and we can't be having that, so I'm going to take that chance away from them. I want my brides to stay in mint condition, in their original packaging."

  "I think every girl here wants to be attractive to you, so they'd be fine with staying whatever look that made you interested in them in the first place. We want to make you happy, Endymion. A girl's happiness is knowing how happy she makes her loved ones every day." Usagi said.

  "Having this wonderful cornucopia stay a variety of sizes and ages and colors will definitely make me happy. Every day will be as happy as our first, so long as everyone stays as bright and fresh and perfect as when we first met." I smiled at the thought of our unending days to come. I wondered if God had known about the Silver Crystal's power whether she would have allowed it to be just 'part' of a larger wish. Well, she seemed really kind and gracious with the latitude of her wish granting, so maybe she knew full well what she was giving us when she did. God really was great.

  Nevertheless, the moment Usagi called me Endymion, I realized if I wanted to retain these blessings into the future there was something I still needed to do.

9