Chapter 19
181 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19:

  If a girl and a boy of our ages had sex during her ovulation period there was a 30% chance she would get pregnant. Said period was about 40% of the time. In addition, I was having sex with my waifus about 3.6 times a year. The result was out of the 96 girls capable of pregnancy, 31 children were on the way. The perfect size for a classroom, if I do say so myself.

  The mothers to be were: Mai, Asuna, Keiko, Suguha, Rin Natsume, Haruka Saigusa, Yui, Leia, Rinoa, MOMO, Aruru, Misuzu, Lucy, Mirajane, Sakura Haruno, Lafiel, Yukino, Usagi, Shana, Mikan, Yuuhi, Rin Tohsaka, Orihime, Hozumi, Mylene, Lyria, Meiko, Kirino, Mikoto, Louise and Mitsuki.

  The terrifying power of young fertile girls meant that even a little bit of unprotected sex had put a third of the population in the maternity ward. This was why I had wanted to hold off for as long as possible, but time marches ever onward and here we were.

  Since adopting my last name would result in the entire population sharing the same last name, I obviously went with the children inheriting their mother's last name instead. In cases where the mother lacked any last name to give, I made some hopefully appropriate ones up on the fly for at least the children to inherit.

  Mai's son was named Shou Mishou.

  Asuna's daughter was named Yui Yuuki.

  Keiko's son was named Wesley Ayano.

  Suguha's daughter was named Rika Kirigaya, or 'Lisbeth.'

  Rin Natsume's daughter was named Komari Natsume.

  Haruka Saigusa's daughter was named Kanata Saigusa.

  Yui's son was named Takashi Hirasawa.

  Leia's son was named Jude Rolando.

  Rinoa's daughter was named Selphie Heartilly.

  MOMO's daughter was named Sakura Mizrahi.

  Aruru's son was named Kurou Green.

  Misuzu's son was named Yukito Kamio.

  Lucy's daughter was named Yukino Heartfilia.

  Mirajane's daughter was named Hisui Strauss.

  Sakura Haruno's son was named Sasuke Haruno.

  Lafiel's son was named Jinto Abriel.

  Yukino's daughter was named Ezekiel Ouhama, or 'Ell.'

  Usagi's son was named Mamoru Tsukino.

  Shana's son was named Yuji Blaze.

  Mikan's son was named Rito Yuuki.

  Yuuhi's daughter was named Minato Katagiri.

  Rin Tohsaka's son was named Shirou Tohsaka.

  Orihime's son was named Kazui Inoue.

  Hozumi's daughter was named Makie Schmetterling.

  Mylene's daughter was named Minmei Jenius.

  Lyria's son was named Gran Jewel.

  Meiko's daughter was named Naruko Honma.

  Kirino's daughter was named Ayase Kousaka.

  Mikoto's son was named Touma Misaka.

  Louise's son was named Saito Francoise Le Blanc de la Valliere.

  Mitsuki's daughter was named Tia Lightning Mononobe.

  I took my perogative as the father to christen all my children. The naming system followed five ground rules --

1) If a mother had a child in the canon source, she should have that child here as well, if she had a lover in the canon source, she should have that lover here as well.

2) If possible, even if not a child or lover, the name should be from the same franchise as the mother's name, in order to deepen the ostensible bonds between mother and child.

3) The child's name should be based off of a high quality person, so that the child can be inspired to likewise reach that level, and so that Eden is populated at least on paper by nothing but badasses. Even a villain would do so long as they had something about them that was admirable and memorable. If there was no one left from the mother's franchise worthy of recognition, the name should just be based off of any random badass available.

4) No two children should be named after the same source.

5) It's okay to have nicknames, but all children should bear the official name of whoever they're named after for proper gravitas.

  Though of course our children weren't going to grow up exactly like their namesakes, there was no reason why Yukino, for instance, wouldn't eventually grow up into a wonderful celestial mage, just like Layla had taught her daughter Lucy how to become one. I expected great things from all of my children. I couldn't wait until Nagisa gave birth to the Ushio of this world, but apparently the 3.6 times I had tried with her wasn't enough so it would have to wait until next year. (Having been cured of her curse upon arriving here there was no chance a similar fate to the story's awaited us.)

  I had wanted to name Sakura Haruno's child Salad, but she went and had a boy so Sasuke it was. Sigh.

  Likewise with Sailor Moon. I was so excited about naming her daughter Usagi/Small Lady/ChibiMoon and then she went and had a son. So I grudgingly named him Mamoru and awaited my next chance with her full of hope.

  My first daughter with Asuna just had to be Yui, but I was still looking forward to having a second daughter with her. I had the perfect name set aside and chosen out for her -- Yuuki Yuuki.

  One pregnancy obviously wasn't enough. All these girls would have to report for duty again sometime down the road because my naming pot was still bubbling over with great ideas.

  The pregnant group had a separate breakfast, lunch and dinner menu consisting of dairy products, legumes, sweet potatoes, salmon, eggs, broccoli, beef, pork, chicken, fishliver oil, berries, whole grains and 1.5 liters of water a day.

  Thankfully neither Kotori nor Deedlit had gotten pregnant so our farmers could remain hard at work providing for everyone, including the many new mouths heading our way. Though their hard work basically meant sitting somewhere nice sipping tea while giving out simple commands to their golems and spirits, when you farm such a huge variety of different crops even this gets to be quite a chore. Well, even if they were pregnant, I would still order them to keep farming our fields. The women of the ancient past didn't take 9 month vacations during pregnancy and farmed just fine before and after birth, so they'd have to display similar grit and take a hit for the team.

  Cherry trees took about seven years to grow so they'd be in full bloom just in time for our children's kindergarten entrance ceremony. Alcohol was banned for everyone because we never knew who would be getting pregnant next, so we'd sadly have to figure out a new way to celebrate our harvest festival.

  I did not plan on being a good father to these children. There were already 31 with surely hundreds more to come, so even remembering all their names would be a tall order. Studies showed children got nothing from parenting anyway. An adopted child had a 0% similarity to their adoptive parents. Obviously my genes were going to have a sizable impact on my children, for better or for worse (I hoped for the better), but that did not mean I had to be constantly playing with them, changing their diapers, reading them bedtime stories or whatever people thought parents did. In truth it was all an illusion. Kids became socialized via their classmates, siblings and unique experiences that no parent could predict or provide. They would grow up however they grew up, and whether I dandled them on my knee or not wouldn't make a lick of difference.

  Rather than wasting my time and energy trying to do an impossible feat -- take care of the children of 100 separate wives simultaneously -- it was time to do what I always did as Mayor -- delegate.

  "Howdy folks." I barged into the one and only classroom of our school.

  "To what do we owe the pleasure?" Nozomi, wearing glasses, asked officiously, lowering her pointer from the blackboard.

  "It's been about three years since life began here, most of you should have already graduated by now." I pointed out.

  "Shishou, what about me? I should still be in middle school." Ai raised her hand, her ahoge bobbing energetically.

  The terrifying cuteness of an eternal loli who was still also a legitimate loli reared its head before me. "Ai is special so she doesn't need any more education." I said with a used car salesman's smile.

  "I'm special!" Ai clenched both of her fists in front of her in a victory pose.

  "As you may have already noticed, two of your classmates, Silica and Menma, have dropped out of school due to pregnancy. The children of this school are incredibly slutty, I'm surprised the principal has let things get so out of hand." I said.

  "The principal felt there were extenuating circumstances seeing as how they were all properly married." Cure Dream said with fists on her hips. "Should we have instead reported the statutory rapist to the authorities?"

  "Ah, no, there's no statutory rape on Eden, so it's fine." I smiled and waved the problem away breezily. "More importantly, Silica and Menma are part of a larger trend. My wives are dropping like flies out there, and since this school no longer serves any useful purpose, it's going to become a trauma ward instead."

  "In other words?" Nozomi asked with growing dread.

  "Until there are children grown up enough to attend school here, this is no longer a school. Likewise, none of you are students anymore. Today was your graduation day, as per my authority as mayor, I acknowledge all of you as ippana students with full credit on all possible courses. Instead, this is a daycare center, and all of you are daycare workers. Mothers can't spend all day every day tending to their infants, they need breaks, and many of them are needed elsewhere to do real work."

  "Nursing babies is real work!" Ten girls shouted at me at once.

  "Err, I mean, paid work." I quickly amended. "Since none of you are up to anything important, consider yourself Babysitters Inc. Train hard with these kids and maybe you can all become good mothers yourselves one day." I held up a thumb in encouragement.

  "I can't become a mother. I'm stuck at 11 years old forever." Ai looked down at the floor.

  "Ai is special so it's okay." I gave her a winning smile.

  "I'm special!" Ai clenched both her fists in front of her chest happily.

  Why was everyone in the classroom giving me a withering look? Well, moving on.

  "What do you say? Are you willing to give all those poor mothers a break? The village needs you. The battle is upon us, the troops are already in the field. I don't know about you, but as for me, give me daycare or give me death!" I did a Shingeki no Kyojin salute to illustrate the gravity of the situation.

  "So either we start taking care of your babies or kill you right here right now? " Nemu asked with a sweet smile on her face.

  "Let's hold a vote." Yume, Nemu's granddaughter, quickly followed her up. Nozomi went to fetch Sakura Yoshino and fill her in on the situation so that the two of them could also vote on the matter.

  The vote was 9-4 on secret ballot to become a daycare center. I knew I could trust my loving wives.

  "I'm special so I voted to take care of your kids." Ai said happily running up to fill my field of view.

  "Thank you Ai-chan. I knew I could count on you!" I put my hand on the top of her head and rustled her hair. If only Nemu ever looked at me like this!

  "I voted for you so why don't you train me in shogi again like old times?" Ai asked hopefully.

  "Shishou forgot how to play shogi so I can't train you anymore." I told her in a sad voice.

  Ai started to cry, realized what was happening, and sniffled her tears back, putting on a brave face. "It's okay, I still play lots of opponents online. I'll become the Ryuuou for you and conquer the shogi world."

  Was our internet really connected straight through to Earth? Well, if it was Mikoto I wouldn't put anything past her.

  "If you're playing people online, be sure not to tell them anything about your private life." I warned Ai sternly. I didn't want Terrans' condemnatory opinions of our lifestyle polluting any of my waifus, and the best way to avoid that was for Terrans to think we weren't any different from them in the first place so the subject never came up.

  "Like that I'm married to Shishou and we cast a spell to make your chinchin little so it can fit into my pussy?" Ai asked.

  "Yes, exactly like that." I gulped.

  "Or that I live in another world with a full complement of arable land, valuable mineral resources and uninhabited star systems ready for the taking, but we're still reachable by portal?" Ai asked.

  "Yes, that too." I tried to look as unagitated as possible. Nozomi had at least done a great job expanding Ai's vocabulary.

  "Or that a Loli-king finally admitted his true nature, dumped that silver-haired bitch, and scooped up my shattered heart at the last possible moment due to this miraculous world of do-overs?" Ai mumbled something.

  "Eh, what was that?" I thought I heard something a little more cutting than usual.

  "Okay. I'll make sure to keep all our secrets. Because what we do at night is special!" Ai beamed with an innocent, trusting, proud face.

  I picked Ai up and perched her on my forearm facing me so that I could look her in the eye, letting her legs dangle off to the side. "I love you so much, Ai. Never change. Especially don't change into Nemu, alright?" I kissed her on the lips because she was too cute and I couldn't hold back anymore.

  "Nii-san?" Nemu seemed to want my attention about something.

  "As the vote was 9-4, as Mayor I hereby declare the Paradise Daycare Center open and ready for work. I'll arrange fresh babies and all the necessary supplies to start arriving here by the afternoon, so everyone just sit tight and enjoy your graduation day. Oh, on that note, congratulations on your graduation, everyone!" I waved and rushed out the door.

  "Shishou, is this what you call an 'elopement?'" Ai asked, still leaning happily into my chest as we left the school grounds.

  "Ai's special so she gets to be carried by me for the rest of the day." I explained. In truth I just hadn't had time to put her down, because Nemu was scary. But I kissed her again and after a few seconds of feeling her tongue against mine fiction had already become reality. Given the choice, who would ever let a girl like this go?

* * *

  With all the mothers doing checkups, babies with ear infections, fevers or colds, and wives giving birth, the hospital had become a busy place. Five of the hospital staff themselves were expectant or new mothers, namely Sakura Haruno, Leia, Leafa, Rinoa and the all-important Orihime. My taste in women tended towards powerful wielders of white magic, and I had had the foresight to plan big for our hospital complex, so even this wasn't a strain upon our system. I figured we could have four children per wife before the dependency ratio got out of hand. With just 1/3 of my wives with child, we were still on easy mode.

  This meant Cheria, Rosa, Eruru, Wendy, Sherria, Rin Nohara and Elize Lutus were tasked with making sure everyone survived birth and infancy. With seven competent healers to work with, I changed their work schedules up into 8 hour shifts.

  Cheria and Rin Nohara would take care of 12am to 8am, Eruru and Rosa would take care of 8am to 4pm. Wendy and Sherria would take care of 4pm to 12am (presumably the rush hours but as best friends they shouldn't mind), and Elize would alternate the shift of one person each day of the week so that everyone could have a day off (for instance in order to have sex with me).

  They were working every day and many at weird hours, but I felt this was important. If one were going to the bathroom or dealing with a critical patient, we couldn't have an emergency arise and no one else be on hand to take care of it. That meant we needed 2 healers available at minimum at all times. I wasn't about to let one of my immortal lovers die due to a lack of emergency care. Furthermore, accidents and illnesses didn't wait for the sun to rise, they could happen any time, so the night shift needed to be just as staffed as the day.

  Luckily if work only lasted eight hours there was still plenty of time left to unwind, eat, sleep, take a bath and watch anime. Plus these girls were so innately compassionate and could see how concretely useful their work was to their extended family that they probably looked forward to going to work every day anyway.

  Gambatte! Healing staff, you're around 75% of the reason Eden is better than Earth! Work hard and give me hundreds of cute babies both directly and indirectly! I'll be sitting over here celebrating with a cigar!

  Well, not really. Smoking was banned and there wasn't even any tobacco in this world to smoke. But the lazy smug satisfaction straight from the 1950's was right on target. Mayor was a heck of a job.

  There were some cute patterns in who had gotten pregnant and who had not. For instance, the tsunderes were all mothers now -- Shana, Yuuhi, Kirino, Louise and Mikoto. They didn't have much time to hit me anymore, they were all nursing their babies and singing them lullabies.

  Also, all three of the SAO girls had gotten pregnant together. It was nice to reunite Asuna with Yui again, now the true mother of a true daughter. I wish I could let them celebrate by playing a VR game together with me, but Aoba said a AAA game takes about seven years of development time so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

  Since I was knocking out the staff making the game -- like Mikoto -- one maternity leave at a time, you could expect that release date to suffer several postponements as well -- just like back on Earth, nothing ever got released on time.

  Well, we of the Silver Crystal had plenty of time, and I was looking forward to what a game that took seven years to design would look like. Life itself was already a New Game+.

1